Author Topic: Take your child to work day  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Take your child to work day
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:05:39 PM »
Today is national "Take your Daughter or Son to Work Day."  This is a wonderful event, and I hope that those of you with children had a chance to experience the joy and wonder of seeing your own jobs through the eyes of a child, if only for an afternoon.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Take your child to work day
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:18:52 PM »
Today is national "Take your Daughter or Son to Work Day."  This is a wonderful event, and I hope that those of you with children had a chance to experience the joy and wonder of seeing your own jobs through the eyes of a child, if only for an afternoon.

Sorry, most of us here still have a full head of hair and get around in something other than a minivan.

Congrats though........I guess

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »

Sorry, most of us here still have a full head of hair and get around in something other than a minivan.

this. just how old is pete anyway?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 04:32:05 PM »

this. just how old is pete anyway?

Oh, I don't have kids.  My boss's rough ridin' kid was in here at work today.  I let her kick off the first run of the crematory today.  72 year old man with shingles, weighed about 115 pounds.  Went up like a house of cards.  Took about 12 minutes to cook the whole thing.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 04:35:19 PM »
should have slow cooked him, maybe you can borrow pikes big green egg or weirdrobertswife's crock pot.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 05:06:07 PM »

I had 2 of my 4 come in with me today.  (One had a test at school today, and the 15-year-old was home in bed with bad allergies and an ear infection, bless her heart.)  Look forward to this day every year!

:kstatriot:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 05:13:37 PM »
I guess I just don't understand the point. 

I wouldn't get anything done at work with my kids tagging along, and they would just be bored all freakin day.