Author Topic: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!  (Read 189623 times)

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!
« Reply #1050 on: October 26, 2016, 02:22:10 PM »
i'd rather have a full season of 5th year Thompson in 2020 than 30 plays of true freshman Thompson in 2016.

assuming that ertz is better than Thompson this year, this is a no-brainer.

he would have played far more than 30 plays already if he was the backup and would likely play quite a bit more given ertz's health. hubes already has 35 passes and 16 rushes for reference.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 26, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
i'd rather have a full season of 5th year Thompson in 2020 than 30 plays of true freshman Thompson in 2016.

assuming that ertz is better than Thompson this year, this is a no-brainer.

he would have played far more than 30 plays already if he was the backup and would likely play quite a bit more given ertz's health. hubes already has 35 passes and 16 rushes for reference.
my point still stands

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 26, 2016, 02:56:17 PM »
I'm in the camp that Ertz probably has a partially torn _____________ in his shoulder.  He had nothing on any of his throws last week, and winced and was moving his shoulder any time someone hit him.

I would not be surprised at all if Hubes or Delton rolled out in Ames this weekend.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 26, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »
I'm in the camp that Ertz probably has a partially torn _____________ in his shoulder.  He had nothing on any of his throws last week, and winced and was moving his shoulder any time someone hit him.

I would not be surprised at all if Hubes or Delton rolled out in Ames this weekend.
or ya know we could run for 5.8 ypc and throw when we actually need to.

shocker i know

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 26, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »
I'm guessing Ertz's shoulder is an AC joint issue of some sort, similar to past injuries our other QBs have had. Depending on the severity, it is pretty manageable and throwing isn't a huge issue, it just become a matter of pain tolerance of the player and avoiding big hits to cause further damage.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 26, 2016, 03:22:11 PM »

Should probably stop getting your hopes up about Delton. I'd be surprised if he sees another snap this season barring injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 26, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »
No one thought ck would start against Texas

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 26, 2016, 04:03:01 PM »

Should probably stop getting your hopes up about Delton. I'd be surprised if he sees another snap this season barring injury.

He's not taking a snap here ever again.

No one thought ck would start against Texas

He wasn't the third string QB, he was the back up.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 26, 2016, 05:30:10 PM »
Wasn't Delton/or early on?

Offline BBF$$Kat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 26, 2016, 07:22:39 PM »

:confused:  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 26, 2016, 07:52:02 PM »

What's there to be confused about? If the coaches won't play him over senior Bazooka Joe he will never pass Ertz. This isn't even taking Thompson and whatever inevitable juco qb they bring in.

Let me clarify, he's taken his lay snap here under this staff.

Offline BBF$$Kat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 26, 2016, 08:03:19 PM »

What's there to be confused about? If the coaches won't play him over senior Bazooka Joe he will never pass Ertz. This isn't even taking Thompson and whatever inevitable juco qb they bring in.

Just thought was more to your comment like he is outa here, not how he is getting handled on opportunities.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 27, 2016, 12:51:49 AM »

Just thought was more to your comment like he is outa here, not how he is getting handled on opportunities.

I'm legitimately disappointed for him that he's still here. QB is a unique position, you can only play one at a time, wait your turn rarely works when you're the third guy.

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 27, 2016, 02:27:44 AM »

I'm legitimately disappointed for him that he's still here. QB is a unique position, you can only play one at a time, wait your turn rarely works when you're the third guy.

He is still there because he is a redshirt freshman and will get his chance.  All a matter of time.  Where was everyone saying the same thing when Jesse was the 3rd string behind Jake and Joe during his red shirt freshman year? 

Fact of the matter is, they brought in a juco QB last year in Banks.  Now he is gone.  By this time next year, Alex will be competing for the starting job.  If you think Skylar is going to start as a redshirt freshman without both Jesse and Alex being injured, and Bill is still the HC, you are wrong.  It's all a matter of reps and experience in this system. 

That's where Alex missed out.  Spent his redshirt year injured instead of practicing, gaining reps, and running the scout team.  It will come in due time.  Patience. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: October 27, 2016, 05:14:41 AM »

He is still there because he is a redshirt freshman and will get his chance.  All a matter of time.  Where was everyone saying the same thing when Jesse was the 3rd string behind Jake and Joe during his red shirt freshman year? 

Fact of the matter is, they brought in a juco QB last year in Banks.  Now he is gone.  By this time next year, Alex will be competing for the starting job.  If you think Skylar is going to start as a redshirt freshman without both Jesse and Alex being injured, and Bill is still the HC, you are wrong.  It's all a matter of reps and experience in this system. 

That's where Alex missed out.  Spent his redshirt year injured instead of practicing, gaining reps, and running the scout team.  It will come in due time.  Patience. 

FINALLY SOMEONE MAKES SENSE!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 27, 2016, 08:52:23 AM »

That's all reasonable, I'm good with it. Worth noting though Jesse was third string and the starter was a senior, Alex is apparently third string and the starter is a sophomore.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 27, 2016, 09:11:31 AM »
Yea, but Alex wouldn't be third string if Hubes was a Sophomore (possibly not even a Junior).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 27, 2016, 09:26:02 AM »
Yea, but Alex wouldn't be third string if Hubes was a Sophomore (possibly not even a Junior).

How do you know that and better yet is how is that relevant to the conversation?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:31:22 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 27, 2016, 09:26:53 AM »
Alex doesn't have an arm is the issue.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 27, 2016, 10:37:01 AM »
If Ertz can stay healthy, he is the guy until he's gone.  If Skylar is really good, Alex needs to transfer like yesterday.

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 27, 2016, 11:13:54 AM »
Sometimes I wonder if Alex is 'good enough'. I mean, we all know that he is...and that he should be starting, of course, but every once in awhile I get this thought clear in the back of my mostly vacant brain that maybe, just maybe....he ain't good 'nuff.

It's crazy talk, I know.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 27, 2016, 11:20:56 AM »
Another thing to remember regarding Alex's future; I can't remember LHC Bill Snyder ever unseating a returning quarterback. This second year as a starter thing that we're always hearing comes from the staff, they believe in that.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 27, 2016, 11:22:28 AM »
Yeah, I can't imagine how amazing Skylar would have to be to take the spot from Ertz in the next two yrs.   That is why if Skylar is better than Delton, Delton needs to preserve some PT and get down the road ASAP.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1074 on: October 27, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »
I doubt either Alex or Skylar play QB here.