Author Topic: KSU Football player interaction thread  (Read 37453 times)

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Football player interaction thread
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2015, 10:57:18 PM »
All of the following happened in one calendar year when I lived with a certain stadium enthusiast next door to Bryan Hickman, Terry Pierce, and Josh Buhl (College Hts. 4 LYF):

1.  Terry Pierce had a giant super-scary rottweiler that barked his ass of constantly and lived on a half-unrolled piece of Wagner Field

2.  Josh Buhl came over to our house once and was all like "is it cool if I borrow your lawnmower" and I was all like "sure" but I thought it was for one time not EVERY GODDAMN TIME HE NEEDED TO MOW THE LAWN FOR THE NEXT CALENDAR YEAR

3.  Once Josh invited us to a party at his house.  Rather than go through the front door, me and our other roommate (not the stadium enthusiast) came from another party through the backyard and entered the back door.  We walk into the living room and there's nothing but 2002 KSU greats smoking weed.  Seriously, all of them.  Name one.  He was there.  And me and my buddy were the only white guys in the joint, and when we busted in everybody was silently like "OH SNAP WHO'S THESE WHITE GUYS THEY MUST BE COPS" and were trying to hide the weed and stuff.  Needless to say there were a couple of very uncomfortable seconds for everyone involved.  It was clear that Terry Pierce didn't even know who we were and I was thinking "come on terry i've lived next to you for like 7 months."  Then, finally Josh Buhl recognized me and was like, "AW, FD, MY N****, GET OVER HERE" and he gave me a high five/half-hug and all tensions were eased and it was easily the best moment of my life.  Then we met JB's dad and called/texted back and forth for several calendar years.

***edit***in retrospect i see that i used the term "calendar year" several times.  not sure why.  not changing it tho
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline porky morgan

• Not the real Porky Morgan
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2015, 12:02:26 AM »
That was a fun post Damon

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2015, 12:17:05 AM »
1.  Once Hickman's monthly issue of "Anabolic Insider" accidentally came to our house

2.  We "shared trash" with them, which meant that they brought their trash over to our house on a weekly basis so they didn't have to pay the trash company.  I think they gave us like 10 bucks a couple of times but that was it.  Now that I look back on it those guys were kind of jerks, but they played football, so
 :lynchmob:

3.  Also on the day we moved in me and my roommate went to a garage sale that the MHS drama teacher was having.  We bought a prop electric chair, a female mannequin head, and a giant fish pillow.  Since we didn't know what to do with the mannequin head the roomie climbed a tree in the front yard and slipped her over the end of a branch that had been cut off (think: thimble on a pinky). Josh Buhl came over to introduce himself.  He was like, "I'm Josh....(looks around, sees electric chair, fish, and mannequin head)....is y'alls some weirdos?"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:12:47 AM by fatdamon »
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2015, 09:41:06 PM »
Had into comms class with not quite super famous Michael Bishop in fall 97. Sat in the back of the glass with a group of people and Bishop would only show up once every 2-3 classes and always sit in the back. On test days, he would get there early so he could sit next to the smarty-pants/goody-two shoes girl in the group (not that you needed to be smart to pass this dumb/pointless class). The goody-two shoes was so excited a footballer talked to her, she couldn't help herself.

During tests, Bishop would whisper the question number and goody-two shoes would then whisper back the letter. So, for 45 minutes, everyone in the back of the room would hear:

MB: One
SP/GTS: C
MB: Two
SP/GTS: B
MB: Three
SP/GTS: D

And so on...

One time, Bishop had the audacity to question goody-two shoes, which was a nice change of pace because it went:

MB: Two eight
SP/GTS: A
MB: (pause) Sure?
SP/GTS: A
MB: (pause) C?
SP/GTS: (looks up, looks at MB like the dumbass he is, then looks down again) A

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2015, 07:35:33 AM »
I was friends with a bunch of football players back in college. My favorite memory was partying with Josh Freeman. That dude could drink. I'm not talking about casual drinking either. He could make Charlie Sheen blush with his alcohol intake. He was also notorious for always carrying a sharpie or two and signing his name on everything he could find. Seriously...walls, microwaves, doors, cars...you name it

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2015, 08:09:43 AM »
I was friends with a bunch of football players back in college. My favorite memory was partying with Josh Freeman. That dude could drink. I'm not talking about casual drinking either. He could make Charlie Sheen blush with his alcohol intake. He was also notorious for always carrying a sharpie or two and signing his name on everything he could find. Seriously...walls, microwaves, doors, cars...you name it

ShellShock, if you went to school with Josh Freeman, why do you come across as someone who is in his mid-40s?

Also Freeman bought several rounds of shots at Rusty's on FPD 2009 for me and my friend who grew up with Josh.
:adios:

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2015, 12:56:10 PM »
I played football in high school with Freeman's younger brother... does that count for anything?  :dunno:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline jrod_06

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2015, 12:56:50 PM »
So While I was in College, 06' - 14'(No not a PHD, more like Vanwilder) I got the opportunity to leave and party with multiple purple cat players. The group of guys I lived with were all brothers with a couple of other friends from our Home town, and three of the five brothers had something to do with Kstate athletics. One was part of the Willie squad and I could go in to great detail the hilarity that ensues when drinking and people whip out the mascot head, but thats not really player related. Another brother ran the Audio Video at both Fball and BBall games and the stories he could tell would break goEMAW's server. The youngest brother was a walk on during the prince era and that is where all my personal experiences come from.

1. Yes, Freeman was quite the party animal. One time in particular was the next morning after a party most of us where sitting upstairs being hungover and all of a sudden a striking young filly performs the walk of shame from the basement and out the door. Now all of us roommates were sitting upstairs and we couldn't figure out who else was there. All of a sudden Freeman comes up and is high as hell and just tells us "Man, sorry about your couch but she had to be done man. She wouldn't leave me alone. You might want to throw that couch out." Then he just walks out. We all sit there staring at each other and burst out laughing. Also he signed our living room wall the size of a freaking poster.

There are many more, but this is getting to DNR.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2015, 12:59:50 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »
post them shits jrod.

Offline jrod_06

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2015, 01:33:05 PM »
Freeman loved to get baked and sit in my bedroom during parties. I had one of those mushroom chairs that could swallow you up and he would just sit in it and be like martin lawerence in Bad boys 2 when he's high on EX sitting in will smith hot rod talking about how sweet the leather is. Josh would just say" man this is a sweet chair, how much time do you sit in this chair?" and other silly things like that.

Josh Cherry loved top show up and just creep on thick girls at the bar we had in our house, kinda weird. He wasn't a bad guy its just that he always had a thing for a girl that had a little extra weight.

Lamark lived at our house for a semester or so. This is before he even played and I walked in one day and there's this 6'4" black spartan sleeping on your couch and I'm like "uh, whats up man?" Cool dude though. we would take him back to our small town just to freak people out.

DJamer fulhage left is balmese python at our house once cause he was going to be out of town for a while and never came back to get it.

It would be easier to name a player from that era and I probably have a story about them.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »
Freeman loved to get baked and sit in my bedroom during parties. I had one of those mushroom chairs that could swallow you up and he would just sit in it and be like martin lawerence in Bad boys 2 when he's high on EX sitting in will smith hot rod talking about how sweet the leather is. Josh would just say" man this is a sweet chair, how much time do you sit in this chair?" and other silly things like that.

Josh Cherry loved top show up and just creep on thick girls at the bar we had in our house, kinda weird. He wasn't a bad guy its just that he always had a thing for a girl that had a little extra weight.

Lamark lived at our house for a semester or so. This is before he even played and I walked in one day and there's this 6'4" black spartan sleeping on your couch and I'm like "uh, whats up man?" Cool dude though. we would take him back to our small town just to freak people out.

DJamer fulhage left is balmese python at our house once cause he was going to be out of town for a while and never came back to get it.

It would be easier to name a player from that era and I probably have a story about them.

This is why I come to this thread

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2015, 02:48:04 PM »

ShellShock, if you went to school with Josh Freeman, why do you come across as someone who is in his mid-40s?

Also Freeman bought several rounds of shots at Rusty's on FPD 2009 for me and my friend who grew up with Josh.

Late 20's in body, 40's in spirit my friend...just the way the big man decided to build me.

TBT can vouch for me because we're IRL friends, but I've always been the crotchety, conservative, old man of the group.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2015, 02:51:07 PM »
So While I was in College, 06' - 14'(No not a PHD, more like Vanwilder) I got the opportunity to leave and party with multiple purple cat players. The group of guys I lived with were all brothers with a couple of other friends from our Home town, and three of the five brothers had something to do with Kstate athletics. One was part of the Willie squad and I could go in to great detail the hilarity that ensues when drinking and people whip out the mascot head, but thats not really player related. Another brother ran the Audio Video at both Fball and BBall games and the stories he could tell would break goEMAW's server. The youngest brother was a walk on during the prince era and that is where all my personal experiences come from.

1. Yes, Freeman was quite the party animal. One time in particular was the next morning after a party most of us where sitting upstairs being hungover and all of a sudden a striking young filly performs the walk of shame from the basement and out the door. Now all of us roommates were sitting upstairs and we couldn't figure out who else was there. All of a sudden Freeman comes up and is high as hell and just tells us "Man, sorry about your couch but she had to be done man. She wouldn't leave me alone. You might want to throw that couch out." Then he just walks out. We all sit there staring at each other and burst out laughing. Also he signed our living room wall the size of a freaking poster.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we're from the same town jrod....

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2015, 02:53:34 PM »
Also he signed our living room wall the size of a freaking poster.

900 Ratone was well used and overall a fantastic place to hang out. I have stories from that house for days...

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2015, 03:07:10 PM »
Had natural disaster with Mueller and some other football players back when it was in the chapel for the beginning of the semester my sophomore or freshman year. They'd always sprawl out on the floor in the back. I joined in the back one time and napped too. It was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »

This is why I come to this thread

jrod, you should share any safe for goEMAW information you feel comfortable with as far as I'm concerned.

Offline jrod_06

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2015, 11:04:08 AM »

I have a sneaking suspicion that we're from the same town jrod....
You must be from the great town of Holton Kansas where current LB stud Trent Tanking and former LB stud Brooks Barta Hang their collective hats.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »
These stories are even more fun if you run though them in your head and sub out Freemaw,etc and sub in Spradling. 

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2015, 12:16:50 PM »
Serge Afeli, Ph.D. told me he loved me during a pick up game at the rec after I sank a clutch as f jumper.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2015, 12:19:04 PM »
Serge Afeli, Ph.D. told me he loved me during a pick up game at the rec after I sank a clutch as f jumper.
Did you roll his ankle?! I think not!

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »

I guess he isn't a football player. Whoops.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2015, 01:00:31 PM »
i think i may have met 2ys over the weekend while time traveling. well, his telephone number is saved in my contacts now anyway.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2017, 11:31:56 AM »
I destroyed nick leckey in tekken tag and quake 3 daily
I watched Nick eat a piece of pizza like a snake. It was motivated after someone in the dorms fed their snake a mouse. He attempted to slither into an adjacent room and eat a slice off a plate on the ground.

Similarly, I watched Nick eat a steak like a "savage" at a campout.  He went and hid in the bushes, told us to wave the steak in the air, and then stormed out of the bushes and ripped the steak away with his mouth.

Most Leckey stories involved eating. He was also really good at Tony Hawk and Fifa.

Easily the greatest first post in the history of gE. Sorry Dlew, gonna have to make this my new sig.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2017, 12:04:53 PM »
I played pool with Justin Montgomery once!