Author Topic: GolfCats  (Read 73040 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: GolfCats
« Reply #925 on: May 20, 2018, 09:50:36 AM »
Going to play my first round of 2018 tomorrow at the prestigious Lake Perry Country Club

You better hit it straight...

Drove two greens on par fours, but hot damn you weren't kidding.  It's sad to see what great life does to golf courses but it was still a fun course despite it.
great life is the rough ridin' worst

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 20, 2018, 11:01:43 PM »
found an interesting swing on youtube worth trying, called the channel lock swing. from what i gathered the differences between this and a normal swing is:

- open your stance but have your shoulders aimed at your target
- ball way back
- legs upright and stand closer to the ball
- don't let your wrists rotate on the backswing
- backswing is lower/flatter/shorter

went to the range with a bastardized version of it, and had trouble getting it all together. but near the end it clicked and hit it perfect on like my last 8 of 10 shots. did way better with it than when i tried moe norman's swing for a while.

the benefits over a normal swing is that it's supposedly much more simple and repeatable. guys who become good at it hit it dead straight/slight draw over and over, and it's impressive to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xyzmrxI0hI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEx50iZanC0

Wow, this sent me to watching hours of Moe Norman golf videos on YouTube. What an interesting guy. I even went to the range and tried out my own version a little bit.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 23, 2018, 09:11:20 AM »
Played Tomahawk yesterday. Holy crap that course feels impossible from the blue tees. Beautiful tho.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 01, 2018, 04:42:49 AM »
Wow, this sent me to watching hours of Moe Norman golf videos on YouTube. What an interesting guy. I even went to the range and tried out my own version a little bit.

have another good one for you. mysterious guy im just finding out about, goes by the name of count yog. could have been the best ever but was banned from the tour because of racism and his swing was too good and simple (apparently). shot multiple rounds under 60 when golf clubs were made of wood. beautiful, powerful swing.

speaking of great swings, i've been messing around more with the channel lock and i think it is a huge swing hack. there's some things to remember of course, but if everything comes together i can go on streaks of hitting straight shot after shot. it has made me obsessed about golf again and makes me wonder how good i could get if i practiced a lot more. really think with this swing, a consistent 14/14 fairways and 18/18 greens is possible - the swing is that good. like any other swing though, all things have to click, but it's a lot easier with this one.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 01, 2018, 09:24:21 AM »
I mean, the absolute best golfers in the world hit about 10 fairways a round, and less than 14 GIR.

So maybe set the bar a little lower to keep up your enthusiasm and reach some goals.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #930 on: June 02, 2018, 06:28:45 PM »
Here in SoCal, there's something called The Player's Club. For $40/month, you get two free buckets of range balls per day (up to 250 balls) at one of five different ranges; you get severely discounted golf at five courses ($5 per round; $10 per round; $20 per round; no higher than $30 I don't think unless mistaken, as long as you play after 3 pm). You get a free golf cart every time you play. You also get a free beverage every time (including beer I believe).

In all my time on earth, I've never encountered a deal that was this good.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 02, 2018, 11:26:40 PM »
That makes no sense, feels like money laundering must be involved.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 03, 2018, 02:43:30 AM »
I mean, the absolute best golfers in the world hit about 10 fairways a round, and less than 14 GIR.

So maybe set the bar a little lower to keep up your enthusiasm and reach some goals.

holding strong on 14/14, 18/18. i'm planning to get a skytrak and hit a ton of balls a day, see the potential of it. i think that if i could reach 50, maybe 100+ balls straight in a row consistently, those numbers would be possible on the course.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 07, 2018, 09:34:35 PM »

2 weeks with skytrak, nice little 3 iron streak i had today, (it shows the last 5 shots, it was in fact 7 straight near dead-straight 3 irons in a row.)

doubt me bitch

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 08, 2018, 08:17:28 AM »
That's pretty sweet, bud. I played so bad last night it made me want to give up the sport. I have a scramble next week with my fam tho.  :angry: I started the season hot, but I am in my head now. I need some irl lessons soon.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 08, 2018, 08:20:04 AM »
That's pretty sweet, bud. I played so bad last night it made me want to give up the sport. I have a scramble next week with my fam tho.  :angry: I started the season hot, but I am in my head now. I need some irl lessons soon.

Man. Did a bucket at the range last night, complete garbage. With benefit scramble Friday. Also leaning towards lessons to get some sort of fundamental correction.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 08, 2018, 08:24:57 AM »
I feel ya, bud. I've never felt so defeated on a drive home. Worst part of it is, we're playing at my Grandpa's golf course in the flint hills next weekend. My Uncle and my cousin (who just finished playing for Baker) and my dad and myself. it's going to be a long ass day. They're really good and now I gotta let pops down.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 08, 2018, 09:53:26 AM »

2 weeks with skytrak, nice little 3 iron streak i had today, (it shows the last 5 shots, it was in fact 7 straight near dead-straight 3 irons in a row.)

doubt me bitch

I will continue to doubt you, but definitely hoping for the best for you. It's a beautiful game that can deflate you at times if you take it too serious.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 10, 2018, 11:22:29 PM »
https://www.thediygolfer.com/instructional-content/

this is great stuff. i've spent time reading other stuff or watching other youtube videos and a lot of it goes over my head and doesn't register with me, but this guy explains a lot of things logically.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 24, 2019, 01:08:17 PM »
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 06, 2020, 03:10:38 PM »
Streb looking good on day 1 out at Pebble. 2 hots off the leader. 4 under for the day.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 18, 2020, 01:29:21 PM »
Cleaned all my clubs today and reorganized my bag. I got a new bag like last year but never really had a set place for everything. It’s all super organized now and clean. Going to go out to the park and work on the short game and get in some steps.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 18, 2020, 01:34:13 PM »
I played at Overland Park on Thursday and it was amazing. 18 minutes between tee times for social distancing. I was playing two balls at a time and just ripping the crap out of the ball. No waiting around for groups in front of you or anything. This would really be the time to take up the game if you’ve been thinking about it for awhile. Nobody’s around to see you suck ass for newbies.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 18, 2020, 08:22:45 PM »
I played at Overland Park on Thursday and it was amazing. 18 minutes between tee times for social distancing. I was playing two balls at a time and just ripping the crap out of the ball. No waiting around for groups in front of you or anything. This would really be the time to take up the game if you’ve been thinking about it for awhile. Nobody’s around to see you suck ass for newbies.

Lady Sykes or St Andrews? I played 36 holes at the ben ji family homestead memorial par 3 course. My brother beat me by a couple of strokes both rounds and tied my course record.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 18, 2020, 08:24:55 PM »
St Andrews. This new driver I got is the real deal, bud. You’re in trouble. 😉 I want to play the course you made. Sounds/looks like a blast!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: February 14, 2021, 12:32:01 PM »
Beautiful day to be on the course.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 22, 2021, 07:53:50 PM »
I just had my second lesson today and he’s totally rebuilding my swing and I absolutely hate it. I think it’s going to payoff in the long run, but it feels like I’m totally starting from scratch and I hate it. I need instant gratification and I have two golf tournaments coming up. This guy knows his crap, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to be shitty for awhile before it all comes together. He’s a fellow cat, who is amateur status, so he won’t take $ I just buy our bucket of balls and bring a sixer. Ben, you’d kill me right now. I look like a fish out of water.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 06, 2021, 09:28:19 PM »
Played the par 3 course at Sykes/Lady with ole Wacky today over lunch....let's just say I hope he gets everything figured out before his tournament on Monday .

It only took about 1hr and when we finished I was like "holy crap I shot a 37 on 9 holes!"... Then I remembered we played a par 3 course

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 06, 2021, 09:35:08 PM »
Played the par 3 course at Sykes/Lady with ole Wacky today over lunch....let's just say I hope he gets everything figured out before his tournament on Monday .

It only took about 1hr and when we finished I was like "holy crap I shot a 37 on 9 holes!"... Then I remembered we played a par 3 course
Classic case of the yips per usual after a great outing the week before. Felt so confident after last Saturday’s outing with the fam. Played out of my mind and then today it looked like I just picked up the game yesterday. Sigh... Ben Ji’s iron shots are a thing of beauty. If he took time practicing his putting game, he’d be lethal af!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 06, 2021, 09:49:59 PM »
I literally tee’d off on a hole today and hit a pop up so high, I caught it myself less then a foot out from the tee box mid fly. It was an impressive amount of shittiness that I showed today. I don’t think I could do that again in a million tries. :ROFL: