Author Topic: GolfCats  (Read 73802 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: GolfCats
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2015, 10:58:13 AM »
If you live near a ClubCorp facility and you golf, then you should become a member of the ClubCorp facility.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2015, 04:13:16 PM »

In other news I'll be playing the old Abilene Country Club on Thursday.  Plan to get beat pretty badly by WW.

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2015, 12:14:15 PM »

In other news I'll be playing the old Abilene Country Club on Thursday.  Plan to get beat pretty badly by WW.

How is that course? I have considered playing there a couple of times, but have never made the trek.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2015, 01:02:52 PM »
Just left Abilene the great life course looked like crap but the cc looked awesome and I'm going back to play with some guys soon

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2015, 01:20:23 PM »
Just left Abilene the great life course looked like crap but the cc looked awesome and I'm going back to play with some guys soon

Abilene CC looks good. Fairways/rough are decent, around the green and the greens are very good. Similar to Western Hills by comparision I'd say for Canary.

Chisholm Trail is really rough this year. They only have water on tees and around greens, so the rough/fairways are about what they usually are, but something happened to the greens over the winter and they started the spring in really bad shape and have never recovered. Hopefully they get them fixed for next year.

Junction City CC traditionally is worse than either one, but this year the greens are decent. Fairways/rough also don't have regular water.

Both JCCC and ACC are only 9 hole courses, FWIW.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2015, 07:31:11 PM »

Abilene CC looks good. Fairways/rough are decent, around the green and the greens are very good. Similar to Western Hills by comparision I'd say for Canary.

Chisholm Trail is really rough this year. They only have water on tees and around greens, so the rough/fairways are about what they usually are, but something happened to the greens over the winter and they started the spring in really bad shape and have never recovered. Hopefully they get them fixed for next year.

Junction City CC traditionally is worse than either one, but this year the greens are decent. Fairways/rough also don't have regular water.

Thanks for the comparison.  Clears it up for me.  I'm thinking SdK and I are going to try to play Saturday at western hills.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2015, 08:08:22 AM »

yup. Greens were nice...quite a bit of the fringe was pretty rough though. It's still a very fun course.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kansas_troll_patrol

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Fan
  • Do you have a permit for that thing?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 21, 2015, 02:43:45 PM »

yup. Greens were nice...quite a bit of the fringe was pretty rough though. It's still a very fun course.

Umm, yeah what those guys said.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 22, 2015, 05:31:57 PM »
I chipped in a birdie today! :horrorsurprise: :excited:

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 22, 2015, 07:34:45 PM »
Congrats.

I played 18 with Sundance today.  He drilled a drive on a long par 3 and then putted it in for a birdie.  It was sweet to watch that. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2015, 12:13:09 PM »
Congrats.

I played 18 with Sundance today.  He drilled a drive on a long par 3 and then putted it in for a birdie.  It was sweet to watch that.
:thumbs:

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2015, 01:04:35 PM »
Just finished another 18 with my sister this morning.  My game summary: birdie on the first hole, triple bogie on the eighteenth.  Had a 38 going into the last hole on the back nine.  That hole ruined the entire game.  Not really, it was just good to be out today.  The weather is great for golf.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2015, 01:11:06 PM »
Looking forward to the cool front pushing through here. Planning 18 tomorrow afternoon in northern Indiana.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2015, 01:26:10 PM »
Looking forward to the cool front pushing through here. Planning 18 tomorrow afternoon in northern Indiana.
We had cool weather last evening and this morning.  Makes for great times on the links.  Enjoy tomorrow's game.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2015, 09:33:54 AM »
Heading to Berkshire this morning. Glad it's cool to start the day.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 01, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »
Bought a new putter today. Canary and I are headed out to Western Hills before Cueto day!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2015, 05:19:53 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 01, 2015, 08:16:11 PM »
Haven't golfed in 2 weeks :sad:

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 07, 2015, 04:40:52 PM »
This is more for those golf cats I've had the pleasure of sharing the links with, but a little fired up.  I did eighteen today at Berkshire. For the first time ever I had multiple pars.  Five legitimate pars.  That's why I will keep going back.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 07, 2015, 07:27:11 PM »
Holy crap. Well done, Canary!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2015, 09:43:36 AM »
i birdied 7 and 9 at colbert this weekend :gocho:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2015, 09:45:55 PM »
Guys can I tag along next time you guys get together to play?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 12, 2015, 10:29:13 PM »
Where are you located

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 12, 2015, 11:56:00 PM »
I'm back in ks visiting fam for a while. Can make it to whatever courses you guys like to play

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 13, 2015, 12:01:43 AM »
How long are you in town for? I could do a Monday evening this week. Or Sunday early afternoon next week. Or evening Monday or Tuesday next week.