Author Topic: Dalvin Warmack?  (Read 41489 times)

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Dalvin Warmack?
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »
I find it hard to believe something is not going on when a guy goes from "next Sproles" to "lower on the depth chart than a walk-on".

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2015, 05:44:38 PM »
he should talk to Tyler about the time he considered leaving

I don't remember this. Did he consider leaving at some point?

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2015, 05:51:39 PM »
he should talk to Tyler about the time he considered leaving

I don't remember this. Did he consider leaving at some point?

https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/594196126128963584

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2015, 12:45:08 AM »
The problem is, one day in Spring Ball Charlie Dickey was smacking his gum too loud and Dalvin didn't hear Bazooka Joe's check until the last second.  So his feet didn't hit the appropriate angle on the chip block.   He was immediately demoted in favor of the walk-on.   

TuckNation proclaims it to be a lack of desire and a high level of FP/TC'ness and is euphoric at the prospect of a walk-on supplanting yet another kid who was given a ride straight out of high school by K-State.   If there's anything @tucknation loves is a 5 heart story . . . but cries those tears when team #fiveheart gets ripped by #teamstud from Baylor and TCU.

I honestly think (no inside info here) that this is more about how good Alex Barnes could be than anything the situation says about Warmack.

Barnes has all of the tools to be a very good Big 12 back.  He will probably be 6'0" 225-230 for most of his time here. Warmack just can't compete with that.

Yeah, it bugs me when people get pissed off about us finding walk-ons that are better than most Big 12 starters. Warmack probably just wasn't as good this spring as Barnes. If he sticks around and gets better, he might end up starting at some point, but it's probably not likely.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2015, 09:32:03 AM »
So where's the Barnes being some massive stud info coming from? 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2015, 09:32:37 AM »
The problem is, one day in Spring Ball Charlie Dickey was smacking his gum too loud and Dalvin didn't hear Bazooka Joe's check until the last second.  So his feet didn't hit the appropriate angle on the chip block.   He was immediately demoted in favor of the walk-on.   

TuckNation proclaims it to be a lack of desire and a high level of FP/TC'ness and is euphoric at the prospect of a walk-on supplanting yet another kid who was given a ride straight out of high school by K-State.   If there's anything @tucknation loves is a 5 heart story . . . but cries those tears when team #fiveheart gets ripped by #teamstud from Baylor and TCU.

I honestly think (no inside info here) that this is more about how good Alex Barnes could be than anything the situation says about Warmack.

Barnes has all of the tools to be a very good Big 12 back.  He will probably be 6'0" 225-230 for most of his time here. Warmack just can't compete with that.

Wtf

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
Who is pissed off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proclaiming anyone who is excited about a kid showing up out of nowhere to compete is a tuck gives the notion that you are "pissed off."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2015, 04:23:15 PM »
That's really not it.  I don't mind people who "proclaim" a kid who shows up out of nowhere, what amuses me, while mildly perturbing me is why there is not more questioning from #Tucknation regarding our initial recruiting processes and signees.

The results seem to indicate that recruiting is doing just fine. I'm perturbed by the fact that so many people are upset that K-State's recruiting classes aren't more highly regarded by ESPN and Rivals. Who gives a damn? What's important is winning. Not where your recruiting class ranks or how many stars you get. I put my faith in the coaching staff as opposed to a pencil pusher who may or may not have ever played football.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2015, 04:38:03 PM »

That's really not it.  I don't mind people who "proclaim" a kid who shows up out of nowhere, what amuses me, while mildly perturbing me is why there is not more questioning from #Tucknation regarding our initial recruiting processes and signees.

The results seem to indicate that recruiting is doing just fine. I'm perturbed by the fact that so many people are upset that K-State's recruiting classes aren't more highly regarded by ESPN and Rivals. Who gives a damn? What's important is winning. Not where your recruiting class ranks or how many stars you get. I put my faith in the coaching staff as opposed to a pencil pusher who may or may not have ever played football.

Recruiting rankings absolutely matter, if you want to be an elite program that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2015, 04:57:36 PM »
Snyder gets the most out of players.  Less athletic kids have a lower ceiling.  Higher recruits, higher celings,  higher max output, and better bowls/ finishes.  I don't get how literally no tuck gets this. 

Offline nitrocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2015, 05:32:40 PM »
Y'all know that if Warmack leaves, he's taking his best good buddy Elijah Lee with him, right?

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2015, 06:13:13 PM »
Y'all know that if Warmack leaves, he's taking his best good buddy Elijah Lee with him, right?
Y'all know Elijah is gonna be a big time Cat stud for life.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2015, 06:15:51 PM »

Lee is about to be a three year starter in the Big 12.  He's not going anywhere.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2015, 06:18:40 PM »
Snyder gets the most out of players.  Less athletic kids have a lower ceiling.  Higher recruits, higher celings,  higher max output, and better bowls/ finishes.  I don't get how literally no tuck gets this.

I tend to believe that our coaching staff looks for qualities that may be overlooked by Rivals/ESPN. Qualities that fit the scheme and philosophy that have been successful here for 20+ years. Before you say it, I'm not talking about heart or do goodedness. I don't get how people can see results firsthand for 20+ years and not get this.

Offline nitrocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2015, 06:34:33 PM »

Lee is about to be a three year starter in the Big 12.  He's not going anywhere.

A+ source, coaches re-recruiting him as we speak.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2015, 06:42:03 PM »

I tend to believe that our coaching staff looks for qualities that may be overlooked by Rivals/ESPN. Qualities that fit the scheme and philosophy that have been successful here for 20+ years. Before you say it, I'm not talking about heart or do goodedness. I don't get how people can see results firsthand for 20+ years and not get this.
Being satisfied with this is being satisfied with never doing more than we have done.   

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2015, 07:18:38 PM »

Being satisfied with this is being satisfied with never doing more than we have done.

Touché. I'm proud K-State has been national championship contender a few times in my young life. That's not to say I would not like to see contender result in champion.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2015, 08:05:35 PM »
I wish we'd recruit better, but if we could get walk ons to come in and outperform 4-5 star recruits, I wouldn't get all pissy about that, either.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2015, 09:25:59 PM »
Kid looked shitty at the spring game, but everyone is still melting down. :lol:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2015, 10:17:14 PM »
This part about our recruiting makes me SMH so much, I get dizzy.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2015, 10:24:26 PM »

This isn't what being questioned.  Look how much better we would be if our recruits were good enough to start and not get beat out by walk-ons.  This shows that we can coach kids to their max talent, but just think if the kids on scholarship were the top talent of our teams.  This is what gets us to the next level.  To put it another way, how many times have you heard what Snyder could do with the top talent other schools have.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2015, 04:06:35 PM »
soooo Any official word on if he's gone or not?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2015, 04:09:23 PM »
Some powerespect with a self described A- source said he was gone

So Wally using a fake username said he was gone which means he's probably not. Got it.  :thumbs:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2015, 05:05:47 PM »
Some powerespect with a self described A- source said he was gone

So Wally using a fake username said he was gone which means he's probably not. Got it.  :thumbs:

uh ok