Author Topic: Replace the term marriage with life partner contracts  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Replace the term marriage with life partner contracts
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 02:30:33 PM »
i'm gonna marry both of my cats (bosco and george)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »
Lawyers would try for 4 person marriages.  The complicated divorces would be great billable hours

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 02:40:16 PM »

Marry them to each other or marry them to you?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 02:43:12 PM »

Marry them to each other or marry them to you?

to me, obvs.  one happy polygamous homosexual bestial family unit

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 02:56:04 PM »
Then allow unions with 4 or 6 or 8. I don't really care.

Ok. I do care.
Why?

Because the Bible says Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve and Jane and Margaret and Michael.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
The answer given was perfectly fine.

Furthermore its just a tactic by the conservatives to obscure the issue at hand, the denial of civil rights to many people in our country.  Its a pure red herring designed to expand the issue beyond the topic at hand.  Remedy the first issue before bringing in another.

Supreme Court decisions have implications far beyond whatever topic is at hand.  They absolutely should and do ask those types of questions.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »

Furthermore its just a tactic by the conservatives to obscure the issue at hand, the denial of civil rights to many people in our country.  Its a pure red herring designed to expand the issue beyond the topic at hand.  Remedy the first issue before bringing in another.

Ok, so I take it then that you don't have an answer either, other than "who cares?"
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 03:27:34 PM »
i love reading supreme court transcripts. its as far as i can tell the only place left in our government where critical thought exists.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 03:28:19 PM »
Yes, they are fantastic 'raptor
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 06:58:08 PM »

Ok, so I take it then that you don't have an answer either, other than "who cares?"

"well if a man can marry a woman, why can't a man marry two women?! Oh what, people have multiple wives and it's referenced in here?? let's fix this with a little change here.  We can still beat women, right? OK. good, we can change that later, I hate my wife!"(sound of old guys laughing together) - The guys rewriting the bible, probably.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 08:59:01 PM »
KSUW did a great job explaining why we need to separate the religious teaching called marriage that came from Jewish law from a legal contract.  Gays should be torqued that they are excluded from entering a business contract.  By separating the two, the church can claim the term marriage as a religious right.  All persons should. be able to enter into a contract for life partnership.  Then we can get away from calling each other names.  The right to fully live in society should be available to all, but no one should be forced to compromise their beliefs.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 09:19:44 PM »
you dudes were fine with gov. being in the marriage business until maybe 2 dudes can get married to and now it's all "GET YOUR GOVERNMENT HANDS OFF MY MARRIAGE" lol

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 10:06:57 PM »
Lol

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 10:46:27 PM »
you dudes were fine with gov. being in the marriage business until maybe 2 dudes can get married to and now it's all "GET YOUR GOVERNMENT HANDS OFF MY MARRIAGE" lol
This ^
:adios:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2015, 07:01:17 AM »
Most Christian get married in a Church because of the religious aspect.  I really didn't give a jet engine fart about the marriage certificate from KS.  The Church is what is important to most people of faith.  Legal rules to benefit 2 people who want to have a family partnership under the law, including gays, should be the standard.  Is equal rights with everyone or taking over the term marriage the most important to LBGT?  Everyone on both sides are angry,very angry - let's find a solution that all can live with.  Liberals want government to stay out of bedrooms. I want the government to stay out of my Church.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:46:19 AM by renocat »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2015, 08:44:13 AM »
You guys do know that there are churches out there that marry gay people, right? So changing what the government calls marriage won't stop them from getting married.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2015, 08:49:50 AM »
You guys do know that there are churches out there that marry gay people, right? So changing what the government calls marriage won't stop them from getting married.
I was typing this as you posted.  Dammit.  I was looking back to see where the US was forcing churches that didn't marry gays, to marry them. I thought I completely missed that new clipping  and was an idiot.  Nope, what a silly thread.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 09:11:07 AM »
mods, please change thread title to Official Darksider Master Thread tia

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 09:13:38 AM »
I was typing this as you posted.  Dammit.  I was looking back to see where the US was forcing churches that didn't marry gays, to marry them. I thought I completely missed that new clipping  and was an idiot.  Nope, what a silly thread.

Yup - some churches already do. Most don't. All the more reason to leave it up to the churches and draw a clean line between church and state.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2015, 09:40:32 AM »

Yup - some churches already do. Most don't. All the more reason to leave it up to the churches and draw a clean line between church and state.

Most gay rights people were making this argument 10-15 years ago but conservatives wanted nothing to do with it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2015, 10:07:16 AM »

Most gay rights people were making this argument 10-15 years ago but conservatives wanted nothing to do with it.

I don't know that that's true, nor does it really matter.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2015, 10:40:32 AM »

JFC.....this feels dirty

Great point.  Its great that the radical neo cons are no co-opting this idea from reasonable people.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline BringBackEcoKat

• Fan
  • The Lady of Winters
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »
"Life partner" sounds so... lifelong though. Gays should still be able to divorce like the rest of us.
'Cause Cats

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2015, 05:58:03 PM »
That would undermine the foundation of life partnership though