Author Topic: ExBruces 2015-16  (Read 83281 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: ExBruces 2015-16
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2016, 01:44:34 PM »
Why does K-State let him talk?  Most standard coach contracts mandate extra media things like tv and radio shows, and the purpose is schools want those things to market the program.  But K-State's coach does more harm than good.  Then of course there's probably league/ncaa-mandated media sessions, but K-State could order him to shut up.

No more intro statements at pressers or calls - he could do a Rasheed-esque "both teams played hard" for that - and then dictate that he do nothing but Popovich-style answers/disdain for all questions and not say a single thing of substance.  Or have him be sick every time and run Chet out there.

All of the above makes the leap that K-State would hire Illinois' discarded trash who also happens to have some of the worst social skills in college basketball coaching, and then let him do his thing for years unchecked.

There is a certain segment of our fanbase that accepts this and even accepts his excuses as to why poor oscar cannot win.  If he were a Popovich he had better win some games.  assholes need to win before it becomes charming.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »
How about this?  Remember when all our guys would get their knees and stuff butcher'd by some local doc?  KSU sends oscar to that same guy for a touch-up on his vocal chord thing and he wakes up naturally muted.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:52 PM »
danny thinks he's a good fit. time will tell. slightly concerned about overall arc.
kevin think he's won a conference title. has beat ku 2/3 last three and kstate fans should donate money and buy tickets.
both agree that you can't judge this season, are pleasantly surprised with how well kstate has played and that he really just needs to compete with ku and that's all kstate fans care about.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2016, 02:21:12 PM »
Dumbasses.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2016, 02:22:18 PM »
Sounds like we are the dumbasses
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2016, 02:22:56 PM »
great BITB'ing

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2016, 02:30:29 PM »
The attendance numbers concur that most fans are fairly content right now.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2016, 02:31:09 PM »
How about this?  Remember when all our guys would get their knees and stuff butcher'd by some local doc?  KSU sends oscar to that same guy for a touch-up on his vocal chord thing and he wakes up naturally muted.

I would pay good money to watch a muted oscar on the sidelined doing charades coaching.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2016, 02:43:25 PM »

Yup. There have been more people at the past 4 or 5 games than I can recall at any game last year except KU.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2016, 02:52:50 PM »

Yup. There have been more people at the past 4 or 5 games than I can recall at any game last year except KU.

Officially the OOD has been 94% full this year and that will likely go up.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2016, 03:30:35 PM »
current mens bb ticket advertising (print/commercials) are nothing more than guilting fans. basically, if you are a cat fan then you support all of the time and not just when we're good. buy tickets and prove your support. looks like that angle combined with the ridiculously low priced multiple game packages are working.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2016, 04:59:27 PM »
I believe that doctor killed himself.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »
Yes

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2016, 01:52:20 PM »

He would be at K-state forever.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2016, 01:55:41 PM »
but if oscar doesn't talk, how will the fans know to not expect too much? conundrum city, usa.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2016, 02:07:33 PM »
Can you even imagine going to a MBB game this year and clapping and cheering and stuff?  It would be so weird.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2016, 02:09:05 PM »
Can you even imagine going to a MBB game this year and clapping and cheering and stuff?  It would be so weird.

i went to the wvu game and didn't plan on cheering much, but it's hard not to get excited for the players when they make good plays.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2016, 02:18:17 PM »
I don't have any problem cheering for K-State when we play well. Its weird to me that people do have problems. I can live with the oscar hate, but man, that's pretty over the top.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2016, 02:29:35 PM »
I do that every game. And when we play well, I do that the entire game. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2016, 02:43:52 PM »
It's very weird _FAN, I've never experienced it before.  But I've watched maybe 10 min of K-State basketball this year.  Not even really because I'm mad at the situation, I just don't ever think about it.  One time I started watching a game on TV, and during the first commercial I switched to something else and forgot I was watching the game and never changed it back.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2016, 02:58:38 PM »
It's very weird _FAN, I've never experienced it before.  But I've watched maybe 10 min of K-State basketball this year.  Not even really because I'm mad at the situation, I just don't ever think about it.  One time I started watching a game on TV, and during the first commercial I switched to something else and forgot I was watching the game and never changed it back.

:frown:

Is this what predicated the "following sports" post?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2016, 03:20:01 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2016, 03:22:11 PM »
Yes, playing Ole Miss is going to garner tons of attention for the Big 12

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2016, 03:23:17 PM »

Pretty accurately describes my watching experience this year.  I read while my wife watches the games.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2016, 03:32:29 AM »

he did my knee.  i mean i don't have a lot experience to make comparisons, but it seemed to me like he did it well.  nice guy too.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."