Author Topic: Debt and the US Dollar  (Read 4278 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Debt and the US Dollar
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 12:53:59 PM »
Holy crap it's early for fsd to be this drunk
:adios:

Offline BringBackEcoKat

• Fan
  • The Lady of Winters
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »
On the contrary, I think that FSD is a bad troll and I find myself skipping over everything that he posts
'Cause Cats

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 04:39:40 PM »
You're missing quality stuff
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 01:23:38 PM »
The fact remains the US dollar is the safe haven currency despite treacherous attempts by certain sects of people to make us default on the national debt for no rational reason.

Fun fact: even during the "government shutdown" that wasn't really a shutdown, we were never in any danger of defaulting on our debt. We had way more than enough money to continue servicing it. The fact that you parrot such idiotic talking points pretty much speaks for itself.

My apologies I guess Ted Cruz et al wanted to raise the debt ceiling. My bad, then what was the shutdown over again?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 02:34:22 PM »
The fact remains the US dollar is the safe haven currency despite treacherous attempts by certain sects of people to make us default on the national debt for no rational reason.

Fun fact: even during the "government shutdown" that wasn't really a shutdown, we were never in any danger of defaulting on our debt. We had way more than enough money to continue servicing it. The fact that you parrot such idiotic talking points pretty much speaks for itself.

My apologies I guess Ted Cruz et al wanted to raise the debt ceiling. My bad, then what was the shutdown over again?

You're not understanding this. Even if the debt ceiling had not been raised, we would not have defaulted on our debt. It's really interesting to me that you don't know this - that you didn't even bother to google it before sticking to your guns. It seems to indicate a profoundly stubborn ignorance.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013/10/15/failure-to-raise-the-debt-ceiling-will-not-bring-about-federal-default/

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »
Ok even if it's from Forbes (not exactly down the middle), I'll agree that Obama had the power not default for awhile, at some point bills were going to needed to be paid tho.  Still I think Cruz and others wanted to default on the debt. But I have no proof if this. So yea my point still remains dispite 6* years of threats of the debt crippling the economy it still hasn't happens and the dollar is trying stronger than ever, thanks Obama.

*Funny how it became an issue when a Democrat become president. But Medicare Plan D for all!!!

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 03:22:25 PM »
Ok even if it's from Forbes (not exactly down the middle), I'll agree that Obama had the power not default for awhile, at some point bills were going to needed to be paid tho.  Still I think Cruz and others wanted to default on the debt. But I have no proof if this. So yea my point still remains dispite 6* years of threats of the debt crippling the economy it still hasn't happens and the dollar is trying stronger than ever, thanks Obama.

*Funny how it became an issue when a Democrat become president. But Medicare Plan D for all!!!

It absolutely was an issue during Bush's terms. Even Senator Obama was making an issue of it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 03:25:31 PM »

Good. So now you acknowledge that you were wrong and blindly parroting false and idiotic talking points. You're making progress. The next step is to consider "golly, if I was so fundamentally misinformed about such a simple thing, I wonder if maybe I'm wrong about other things, too?" Let that marinate for about 48 hours and come on back.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 03:34:04 PM »

Good. So now you acknowledge that you were wrong and blindly parroting false and idiotic talking points. You're making progress. The next step is to consider "golly, if I was so fundamentally misinformed about such a simple thing, I wonder if maybe I'm wrong about other things, too?" Let that marinate for about 48 hours and come on back.

So then tell me what was the point of the government shutdown? Also I mean our credit was downgraded because of the threats and shenanigans so obviously somebody thought there was a chance at default. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2015, 03:55:34 PM »

So then tell me what was the point of the government shutdown? Also I mean our credit was downgraded because of the threats and shenanigans so obviously somebody thought there was a chance at default.

48 hours...

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 10:05:26 PM »
You have the thin skin of a high school girl

:lol: wtf?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd