Author Topic: Two Baseball Teams  (Read 10489 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Two Baseball Teams
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 08:45:01 AM »
cubs are way gross

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »
love my royals but growing up I lived in wyoming for like 13 years so the rockies were always on.  larry walker, vinny castilla, andres galarraga, neifi perez, dante bichette, todd helton, quinton mccracken man what a team.

The Royals were probably the 1st sports team I every really followed/liked because of the 85 World Series. I jumped on the bandwagon then and its really some of the first sports I remember distinctly cheering for a team as a 10 year old. I really didn't jump to K-State as a big fan until 87 or so, and  especially during the Elite 8 run the next year. Despite this fact, when the Rockies came into existence I decided that I was going to become a Rockies fan so I could be a fan of a team from the day they started. I was a senior in high school their first year and was really a fan of them while still sort of being a Royals fan for about 3 to 4 years. Anyway, that team you mentioned was the core when I was a fan and it was extremely fun to follow as they played in games with 11-9 scores every night. Eventually the novelty of being a Rockies fan wore off and I went back to being pretty much only a Royals fan.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 09:38:32 AM »
cubs are way gross

uh, yeah. the cubs are gross but the white sox aren't.  :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »
People who have more than one team in any sport are a joke. Bandwagon dorks who are trying to increase their odds of being a part of something great.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 09:44:12 AM »
I've basically only been a Royals fan my whole life. If the Royals start getting significantly under .500, I just stop watching baseball.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 09:45:33 AM »
cubs are lovable in the same way that tyrell reed is lovable

if you find tyrel reed lovable you also find the cubs lovable is what i'm getting at

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2015, 10:14:44 AM »
Everyone not named Steve Dave embarrassed themselves ITT

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 10:16:00 AM »
I guess you're bad at reading then.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2015, 10:18:22 AM »
WC you did ok too.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »

I was just being honest Cf3.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2015, 11:09:33 AM »

Did you see where I said I couldn't have a second team because I love the Royals so much?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2015, 11:10:05 AM »
Cubs all the way baby    :blindfold:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2015, 11:14:24 AM »
So first of all, why is that? Because the AL and NL is more divided in MLB than in NFL, or the East and West is in the NBA?

they didn't use to play each is why.  in order to care at all about half the total games played you needed a secondary team.  even now, interleague play is very limited.  there's hardly ever any conflict.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2015, 11:17:13 AM »
So first of all, why is that? Because the AL and NL is more divided in MLB than in NFL, or the East and West is in the NBA?

they didn't use to play each is why.  in order to care at all about half the total games played you needed a secondary team.  even now, interleague play is very limited.  there's hardly ever any conflict.

Do you have an NL team, sys? I trust your fandom more than anyone on this blog, possibly more than anyone in this world.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2015, 11:22:49 AM »
my preschool and subsequent gradeschool were both about a block away from my grandmothers house. her husband (my grandfather) passed away when my dad was still a child and she never remarried. from the ages of 3-7, i spent every afternoon at her house. she would make me peanut butter and honey sandwiches with honey that she kept in the refrigerator. i'm not sure if you guys have ever had one this way, but it sort of crystalized the honey and really changed the taste and texture of a pbh. i loved them.

this was back during a time where there were 13 channels at most on your television and no remote controls. wgn was one of those channels and the cubs did not have lights at wrigley. every cub home game was played in the afternoon. every single one. during these years, my afternoons were spent watching entire cubs games with my grandma. guys like lee smith, the penguin ron cey and jodi davis (king of wrigley field). cubs games were "our thing". something special between her and i and she even had a ball and bat and would occasionally take me out into the front yard and throw me pitches. i probably watched over two hundred cubs games with her by the time i entered second grade.

I haven't had one of those cold honey and peanut butter sandwiches since she passed away while i was in college and i probably haven't watched an entire cubs games since highschool. i guess some parts of your life are just meant to be that. parts. so while i can't say the cubs are some team that i still actively root for or love, they are definitely my "second team" and cartierfor3 can go straight to hell if he wants to try to tell me otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:30:54 AM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2015, 11:30:30 AM »
my preschool and subsequent gradeschool were both about a block away from my grandmothers house. her husband (my grandfather) passed away when my dad was still a child and she never remarried. from the ages of 3-7, i spent every afternoon at her house. she would make me peanut butter and honey sandwiches with honey that she kept in the refrigerator. i'm not sure if you guys have ever had one this way, but it sort of crystalized the honey and really changed the taste and texture of a pbh. i loved them.

this was back during a time where there were 13 channels at most on your television and no remote controls. wgn was one of those channels and the cubs did not have lights at wrigley. every cub home game was played in the afternoon. every single one. during these years, my afternoons were spent watching entire cubs games with my grandma. guys like lee smith, the penguin ron cey and jodi davis (king of wrigley field). cubs games were "our thing". something special between her and i and she even had a ball and bat and would occasionally take me out into the front yard and throw me pitches. i probably watched over two hundred cubs games with her by the time i entered second grade.

I haven't had one of those cold honey and peanut butter sandwiches since she passed away while i was in college and i probably haven't watched an entire cubs games since highschool. so while i can't say the cubs are some team i root for or love, they are definitely my "second team" and cartierfor3 can go straight to hell if he wants to try to tell me otherwise.

That's a cool story rick. You should be happy to have the Cubs as your 2nd team.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »
My favorite moments on gE are when we take a break from making obscure statements and trolling and are real with each other. Very cool story, Rick. I'm glad that we good friends here on gE can share stories like that.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2015, 11:57:45 AM »
Do you have an NL team, sys? I trust your fandom more than anyone on this blog, possibly more than anyone in this world.

used to be the giants.  then i kinda faded into half giants half nats.  since the giants beat the royals i may be all nats going forward, we'll have to see how it plays out.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2015, 12:02:51 PM »
Great story RD! People shouldnt have to explain their choice of teams to anyone but i enjoyed reading that

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2015, 12:43:30 PM »
this is what the ATL is trotting out there this year.  :buh-bye:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 12:44:46 PM »
Well documented but I've been a Braves fan all my life. started being into the royals a few years ago and after tonight they are my new number 1. I'll always be a Braves fan but it's a total dumpster fire there right now

Ugh. Yeah. I'm kinda weighing going back and forth between the Rangers and Astros right now as my 2nd team. If San Antonio ever got an MLB team I'd probably switch for good.

I could melt down *ridiculously* hard about the Barves right now

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 12:45:36 PM »
this is what the ATL is trotting out there this year.  :buh-bye:

rough ridin' crap

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2015, 12:57:53 PM »
I was a Braves fan as a kid because I had TBS.

Truth be told, I bought a Braves hat at a Royals game because I liked the colors, and then adopted them as my team.  That was the worst-to-first year.  I think I was ten.  I remember being really upset.  I also remember watching every single Braves playoff game in my basement, by myself, and to this day, I hate Kirby Puckett (RIP) and loathe the circle change because of how that game six made me feel.

I had a David Justice poster, a Fred McGriff poster, etc.  I had a bunch of Braves t-shirts.

I think I stopped caring about them after the John Rocker stuff.  I was just so turned off by that guy that I just stopped caring.  That was around the time I went to college, and I got more into college sports and less into pro sports, so it all just kind of died.

I probably haven't watched a full Braves game in 15 years or more.

The Big Train

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »
yeesh, im not ever gonna share a real thought from here on out until forever because cf3 is being an bad person :don'tcare:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2015, 01:29:14 PM »
I gotta go to first ever Rockies game, but it couldn't steal my #foreverroyal attitude.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:53:28 PM by WackyCat08 »