Author Topic: Freedom is really not applicable to Christian businesses!  (Read 49740 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Freedom is really not applicable to Christian businesses!
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »
Hi Edna, welcome back! You might have missed my question earlier. Here you go...

Edna, can you cite the text of the (former) law that discriminates against gays (or anyone else)? It's not a very long law. I've read it over a couple time and I'm just not seeing it. Let's work through this.
please show me where corporations are people in the Constitution.  TIA
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2015, 01:51:59 PM »
The "corporations aren't people" mindless retort is one the dumbest thing spewed by butthurt police state trolls in society today.

If an entity or organization isn't permitted to "have views", then every lawsuit brought by the Sierra club should be summarily dismissed and all environmental rulings and regulations imparted upon the public as a result of prior action reversed. Everyone affiliated with the United Way needs to go to prison for misappropriation of millions of dollars of money, and all labor unions should be issued cease and desist orders for COLUSION. There needs to be unbridled direct shareholder action against every corporate board that's ever elected to donate money to charity, and going forward no charity shall ever benefit from a single corporate dollar. Etc.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2015, 02:46:14 PM »
Hi Edna, welcome back! You might have missed my question earlier. Here you go...

Edna, can you cite the text of the (former) law that discriminates against gays (or anyone else)? It's not a very long law. I've read it over a couple time and I'm just not seeing it. Let's work through this.

Ok - so based on your answer, which pertains to an unrelated issue, I'll take that as an admission that you can't point to any provision that discriminates against gays. I didn't expect you to find one, because there isn't one.

Now to answer your question, the Supreme Court has held in the Hobby Lobby case that people do not abandon their First Amendment rights simply because they choose to organize as a corporation. The Indiana RFRA simply codified that decision for purposes of the State of Indiana. And it's not every corporation, but only...

As used in this chapter, "person" includes the following: (1) An individual. (2) An organization, a religious society, a church, a body of communicants, or a group organized and operated primarily for religious purposes. (3) A partnership, a limited liability company, a corporation, a company, a firm, a society, a joint-stock company, an unincorporated association, or another entity that: (A) may sue and be sued; and (B) exercises practices that are compelled or limited by a system of religious belief held by: (i) an individual; or (ii) the individuals; who have control and substantial ownership of the entity, regardless of whether the entity is organized and operated for profit or nonprofit purposes.

If you want to bitch and moan about Hobby Lobby and how "corporations aren't people" go right ahead. I really couldn't care less. But againt, this issue only pertains to the scope of people covered by the law. There is absolutely no provision of the law that allowed discrimintion against gays. It merely codified the "compelling interest" legal balancing test that is already the law in most states plus federal.

TIA.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2015, 05:28:38 PM »

Ok - so based on your answer, which pertains to an unrelated issue, I'll take that as an admission that you can't point to any provision that discriminates against gays. I didn't expect you to find one, because there isn't one.

Now to answer your question, the Supreme Court has held in the Hobby Lobby case that people do not abandon their First Amendment rights simply because they choose to organize as a corporation. The Indiana RFRA simply codified that decision for purposes of the State of Indiana. And it's not every corporation, but only...

As used in this chapter, "person" includes the following: (1) An individual. (2) An organization, a religious society, a church, a body of communicants, or a group organized and operated primarily for religious purposes. (3) A partnership, a limited liability company, a corporation, a company, a firm, a society, a joint-stock company, an unincorporated association, or another entity that: (A) may sue and be sued; and (B) exercises practices that are compelled or limited by a system of religious belief held by: (i) an individual; or (ii) the individuals; who have control and substantial ownership of the entity, regardless of whether the entity is organized and operated for profit or nonprofit purposes.

If you want to bitch and moan about Hobby Lobby and how "corporations aren't people" go right ahead. I really couldn't care less. But againt, this issue only pertains to the scope of people covered by the law. There is absolutely no provision of the law that allowed discrimintion against gays. It merely codified the "compelling interest" legal balancing test that is already the law in most states plus federal.

TIA.

Thanks for showing everyone that you have no concept of the legal issues at play in this case, or Hobby Lobby. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2015, 05:29:59 PM »
The "corporations aren't people" mindless retort is one the dumbest thing spewed by butthurt police state trolls in society today.

If an entity or organization isn't permitted to "have views", then every lawsuit brought by the Sierra club should be summarily dismissed and all environmental rulings and regulations imparted upon the public as a result of prior action reversed. Everyone affiliated with the United Way needs to go to prison for misappropriation of millions of dollars of money, and all labor unions should be issued cease and desist orders for COLUSION. There needs to be unbridled direct shareholder action against every corporate board that's ever elected to donate money to charity, and going forward no charity shall ever benefit from a single corporate dollar. Etc.

:lol:

I mean this is just great.  I also really love the intellectual cop out.  *I can't defend something reasonably so I'm just going to slander people.*

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
Edna,  :lol: you're getting crowned in here.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 09, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »
In response to your stupid, snide retort, you have been shown that, as interpreted by the supremes, corporations are "people" (in the context questioned) under the constitution.  Yet you press the issue and vaguely refer to "legal concepts" and "issues" in your retort.

Then follow that up with incoherent deflection and a lol. 

You just aren't very smart and you don't think very well. You're left winged the Essex blog.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2015, 09:46:36 AM »
In response to your stupid, snide retort, you have been shown that, as interpreted by the supremes, corporations are "people" (in the context questioned) under the constitution.  Yet you press the issue and vaguely refer to "legal concepts" and "issues" in your retort.

Then follow that up with incoherent deflection and a lol. 

You just aren't very smart and you don't think very well. You're left winged the Essex blog.
:lol:

frothing with anger

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
more frothing with anger at other people claiming to have "rights"
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/23/opinion/bobby-jindal-im-holding-firm-against-gay-marriage.html

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »
A pluralistic and diverse society like ours can exist only if we all tolerate people who disagree with us.

Unless it's letting gays marry
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2015, 02:40:45 PM »
Those who believe in freedom must stick together: If it’s not freedom for all, it’s not freedom at all.

Except the gays, they're the exception

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2015, 03:46:56 PM »
Guys you're getting it all wrong.  This isn't about gays, its about my freedom to be a prick.  /KSUW

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »
Guys you're getting it all wrong.  This isn't about gays, its about my freedom to be a prick.  /KSUW

This is true. Everyone should have the freedom to be a prick, the pit would die without it.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 25, 2015, 11:02:50 AM »
Is this a metaphor? Who do the cherry blossoms represent?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 25, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »
Huge surprise that "small government" republican ted cruz wants to impose his twisted morality though government means

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 25, 2015, 03:04:13 PM »
Freedom of religion and speech should trump others.  When someone forces me or the business I own do something that my religion opposes, my freedom is stripped from me.  Why the hell have a so called free nation.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »
Translation:  If you do something we don't like, even it's simply talking to someone we hate, we will seek to destroy you.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20150424/prospect-heights/photos-spring-finally-blooms-new-york-city
its sad that we have people like you who don't understand the fundamental difference at play.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »
Cruz may have stumbled on to a way to make the virulent, ignorant left cannibalize itself.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 11, 2015, 01:59:04 PM »
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/north-carolina-veto-override-ushers-religious-freedom-bill

when in doubt, attack the rights of others by claiming you're defending your own, even if it destroys someone else's civil rights.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 11, 2015, 02:16:41 PM »
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/north-carolina-veto-override-ushers-religious-freedom-bill

when in doubt, attack the rights of others by claiming you're defending your own, even if it destroys someone else's civil rights.

Are you pining for the gays or the government workers?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »
Amen Brother Franklin.  I am going to join your boycott since a war was started against Godly business owners.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »
Yes I intentionally went with the shock factor of that post.  But the reality is we have a class of Americans who are still de jure second class citizens in America.  crap like this in Indiana and however many other states are a thinly veiled attempt to enforce more layers of de jure segregation on America through the guise of religious liberty.  These exact same arguments were used in miscegenation issues.

Drawing parallels between opposition to gay marriage and interracial marriage is a lazy, flawed argument. In fact, it is downright moronic.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/24/opposing-gay-marriage-doesn-t-make-you-a-crypto-racist.html#

Your post was not only stupid, you magnified it by inserting a racial slur. "Hey everybody, look at me - I'm making a really profound, morally superior argument and I'll use the n-word as an exclamation point!" What a dumbass.

I wonder how KSUW feels about this post since the majority used Loving and Obama used "that" word to show the issue of race and polite company. 

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 05, 2015, 01:46:32 PM »
Now the pigressives are attacking Christian based hospitals.  ACLU is suing a big Catholic hospital to for example them to do abortions according to foxnews.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 07, 2016, 04:57:18 PM »
Professor Hawkins AR Wheaton College was terminated for saying Muslims and Christians pray and believe in the same God.  Wheaton is a private Christian college.  Hawkins is trying to stop the dismissal on the grounds she is tenured, a woman and black.  Why in the heck does she think she has a chance of succeeding.  Probably will and religious freedom eroded some more.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 07, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
Academic freedom is the esteemed argument made for tenure. This rationale dates back to the late 18th century, when professors at religious schools needed protection from trustees and donors who might demand termination of those faculty who taught outside the accepted doctrine.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."