Author Topic: JJ's on the Plaza just blew up...  (Read 21179 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: JJ's on the Plaza just blew up...
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2014, 02:59:05 PM »
The should make the basement exactly like it was when Reverse had that spot.

Speaking of Farmageddon weekends, the guy who secured Pete, LSOC and I's tickets in parking lot for one years earlier pissed on the bar in Reverse.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »
velvet dog is just being renamed and re-done, same ownership. they're going to have 7000 different whiskeys or something stupid like that.

midtown is rough ridin' great, especially hyde park you dipshit. "herp derp crime and drugs and i have no idea because i don't live there" i mean there are just butt loads of awesome 100+ year old 3BR houses that have been remodeled and you can buy them for under $150k. it will absolutely explode in the next 5 years with young homeowners looking to avoid the endless beige nightmare. troost is the next street that is going to be revitalized with new businesses. have you seen what is happening on Armour?

i have lived in Southmoreland for 2+ years and i love it.

also i love coal vines.

I love the Hyde Park area.  Like you said, it's packed with awesome homes under $150K.  But, there's a reason that the homes are under $150K.  Most people, especially people with kids, won't live there.  And, yes, the statistics will show that crime rates are higher the closer you get the Troost/Paseo corridor.  And my best friend and girlfriend live in HP.  I've spent plenty of time in that neighborhood.  Great character.  wouldn't let my wife walk alone at night.  it is what it is.  I'd feel a lot more comfortable further west in Southmoreland - which is also a really cool neighborhood. 

And, no, HP will not explode in the next five years.  It's slowly going to gentrify, but you can read articles on its expected resurgence dating back to the early 2000s.  It's going to be a slow turnaround.     

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2014, 07:05:10 AM »
Looks like it's going to remain on the plaza, in nearly the same location on the West side

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/jjs-restaurants-new-space-just-feet-from-old-location

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2014, 08:50:26 AM »
Good for 'Clams. We should all have a mini Pak when it opens.  :cheers:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2014, 10:53:45 AM »
velvet dog is just being renamed and re-done, same ownership. they're going to have 7000 different whiskeys or something stupid like that.

midtown is rough ridin' great, especially hyde park you dipshit. "herp derp crime and drugs and i have no idea because i don't live there" i mean there are just butt loads of awesome 100+ year old 3BR houses that have been remodeled and you can buy them for under $150k. it will absolutely explode in the next 5 years with young homeowners looking to avoid the endless beige nightmare. troost is the next street that is going to be revitalized with new businesses. have you seen what is happening on Armour?

also i love coal vines.

I love the Hyde Park area.  Like you said, it's packed with awesome homes under $150K.  But, there's a reason that the homes are under $150K.  Most people, especially people with kids, won't live there.  And, yes, the statistics will show that crime rates are higher the closer you get the Troost/Paseo corridor.  And my best friend and girlfriend live in HP.  I've spent plenty of time in that neighborhood.  Great character.  wouldn't let my wife walk alone at night.  it is what it is.  I'd feel a lot more comfortable further west in Southmoreland - which is also a really cool neighborhood. 

And, no, HP will not explode in the next five years.  It's slowly going to gentrify, but you can read articles on its expected resurgence dating back to the early 2000s.  It's going to be a slow turnaround.     

Neighborhood isn't brookside enough to justify the total lack of feasbile public schools.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2015, 11:27:48 AM »

also i love coal vines.

i would just like to touch base here and lol at Belvis again:

:lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »
is it weird that his gf lives there AND that he won't let his wife walk alone at night there? maybe/maybe not. maybe he won't let his wife walk alone at night there because she might bump into him and his gf? food for thought certainly. chew on that one you guys.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »
Rick daris I did not even catch that. Wow, this guy is a stone cold bastard.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2015, 12:01:41 PM »
I'm guessing his best friend's gf. smdh

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2015, 12:03:37 PM »
If I had a wife and a gf, sounds like I would want my wife walking down that street at night. Right? :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2015, 12:23:20 PM »
maybe his best friend IS his gf?  :dunno:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2015, 12:24:41 PM »
Maybe his gf is his best friends wife
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2015, 12:41:42 PM »
lot of questions to be answered here.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2015, 12:43:35 PM »
One thing is for sure, and that is belvis knows nothing about Hyde Park and the millions of little babies in strollers that you see when you walk through it

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »
Jekyll and Hyde Park

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »
One thing is for sure, and that is belvis knows nothing about Hyde Park and the millions of little babies in strollers that you see when you walk through it

Those are perps casing houses with fake babies. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2015, 08:33:40 AM »
HP is pretty much the same as it was a year ago.  Whether it is was what Belvis said is up for interpretation.  Still has no where that could be considered a school.