Author Topic: Leadership Development  (Read 16729 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Leadership Development
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2015, 04:26:06 PM »
if there's one thing old yard dohgie knows it's spotting and accurately critiquing leaders of men. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2015, 04:54:40 PM »
LOL at this thread. How many times during the course of this past season did oscar hold Will and Shane up as examples of what this team was missing? He makes so many excuses he confuses them.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2015, 08:12:51 PM »
Over the next 3 seasons I expect K-State to contend (finish within 2 games) of at least one Big 12 title. I expect 3 more NCAA tournaments and a .500 record in the tournament over the course of those 3 trips (which means at least one Sweet 16). I expect the Cats to win at least 40% of our road games and at least 90% at home. I expect this staff to recruit at a level that after Foster and most of the current roster leaves another group of players is ready to pick up and build off what they did. If oscar doesn't achieve all of those things I will be disappointed, though it depends on what level he fails that I will call for a coaching change. Regardless, based on what he's done so far, I think he has earned those 3 years to show if he can truly build off the good situation he inherited and a situation that he's at least maintained (if not made better) during his first 2 seasons.

three seasons is a long time.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2015, 08:19:20 PM »

Over the next 3 seasons I expect K-State to contend (finish within 2 games) of at least one Big 12 title. I expect 3 more NCAA tournaments and a .500 record in the tournament over the course of those 3 trips (which means at least one Sweet 16). I expect the Cats to win at least 40% of our road games and at least 90% at home. I expect this staff to recruit at a level that after Foster and most of the current roster leaves another group of players is ready to pick up and build off what they did. If oscar doesn't achieve all of those things I will be disappointed, though it depends on what level he fails that I will call for a coaching change. Regardless, based on what he's done so far, I think he has earned those 3 years to show if he can truly build off the good situation he inherited and a situation that he's at least maintained (if not made better) during his first 2 seasons.

three seasons is a long time.

Yeah. And things can change quickly.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2015, 08:28:21 PM »
at what level would you say weber failed the first third of his test?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2015, 10:09:51 PM »
at what level would you say weber failed the first third of his test?

Weber's job has been to distance himself from what happened at Illinois.  In that respect he has failed miserably.

It looks exactly like Illinois except that Frank Martin's program was not as good as Bill Self's was at Illinois.

oscar Weber was riding that National Championship game for years but it loses its luster with 18 year old that only remember the last 6 years or so of hoops.

From a national perspective, oscar has done very little with the Cats except for beating KU a couple of times and losing in the first round of the tournament.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2015, 10:14:27 PM »
AVL is correct.