Author Topic: oscar attempting to buy fans  (Read 9098 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: oscar attempting to buy fans
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
I'm sure he would have done this for Thursdays games. I think this is less about us being shitty and more about trying to give back to the die hard faithful's.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 03:58:47 PM »
I'm sure he would have done this for Thursdays games. I think this is less about us being shitty and more about trying to give back to the die hard faithful's.

:thumbs:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »

probably not, actually. thursdays games are good games with good teams so they are usually sold out.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 04:08:05 PM »

probably not, actually. thursdays games are good games with good teams so they are usually sold out.
GOD DAMMIT, oscar! YOU rough ridin' LOSER!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!  :curse:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »

GOD DAMMIT, oscar! YOU rough ridin' LOSER!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!  :curse:

jeez wacky, lay off oscar for a few seconds. he did something cool.

getting tired of you always on his nuts for being a bad coach.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »
 :lol:

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
Regardless of your stance on this topic,  I think we can all agree that this gesture makes ZERO sense as an attempt to artificially boost attendance at the game. 50-some extra people would not be noticeable, and if these really are the hardest of the hardcore fans, they were already going to show up.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 04:53:51 PM »
Does the tourney allot student seating to the schools that KSU would be on the hook for regardless?  Were the giveaway tickets previously attempted to be sold?  Had these 1st tier studs already declined to buy the same tickets?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »
Does the tourney allot student seating to the schools that KSU would be on the hook for regardless?  Were the giveaway tickets previously attempted to be sold?  Had these 1st tier studs already declined to buy the same tickets?
I am guessing they are putting them under one of the baskets, I don't believe anyone has ever sat there in the history of Wednesdays.  The location of the Tier 1s is maybe the most interesting thing about this game.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 05:13:40 PM »
I know that REGULAR PERSONS' seats are allocated to schools, I assume similar to bowl games.  And yeah, I'm guessing the student tickets for this will be under the baskets, but I don't know if KSU was expected to sell them or even tried. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 05:19:22 PM »
in the past cat season ticket holders and/or ahearn donors usually have had to buy Big 12 tournament tickets by Christmas and full sessions only.  I don't know what it takes now but lowers were hard to get when Frank was here, the relatively new donor i knew giving $10k/yr was getting only 2 lowers and 2 uppers.

Offline kevbot_EMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 05:22:33 PM »
Ive heard tier 2 as well!
Cats man!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 05:23:35 PM »
in the past cat season ticket holders and/or ahearn donors usually have had to buy Big 12 tournament tickets by Christmas and full sessions only.  I don't know what it takes now but lowers were hard to get when Frank was here, the relatively new donor i knew giving $10k/yr was getting only 2 lowers and 2 uppers.

Yep.  We got stuck with uppers once but it ended up being amazing because we were front row of the uppers and got to PR flag our ball off.  Very racist ushers in that sprint center.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 05:24:29 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 05:24:56 PM »
I'd recommend that the students commandeer the bus to Salina and try to use oscar's offer to get free scheme, but the scheme doesn't do wednesdays either.  :frown:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 05:25:56 PM »

Yep.  We got stuck with uppers once but it ended up being amazing because we were front row of the uppers and got to PR flag our ball off.  Very racist ushers in that sprint center.
first row are the only uppers at SC that don't totally suck.

I wonder if the flag was flying in the suite below you
  :lol:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 08:18:50 PM »
I'd recommend that the students commandeer the bus to Salina and try to use oscar's offer to get free scheme, but the scheme doesn't do wednesdays either.  :frown:

Holy crap, could you imagine the owner's meltdown if that many people rolled in without a reservation?
@mikec2w

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »
Hopefully these tier one students aren't SAE.  Best to take all cell phones before the bus ride.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 10:41:21 PM »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »

We want full disclosure on this. We want the truth, whatever it may be.

Offline conooper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2015, 12:28:17 AM »
Thought you guys might like to know that us students received another email around 2pm saying that a limited number of tickets for oscar's bus ride still remain. So apparently not even the most dedicated students really want free handouts from oscar.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 12:31:31 AM »
if oscar weber and a bus are involved, I'm getting the eff out because I value my life

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 12:40:43 AM »
Thought you guys might like to know that us students received another email around 2pm saying that a limited number of tickets for oscar's bus ride still remain. So apparently not even the most dedicated students really want free handouts from oscar.
:frown:

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 01:16:59 AM »
if oscar weber and a bus are involved, I'm getting the eff out because I value my life

You've got your school buses and your tour buses and your greyhound buses and I'm not sure what kind of bus we're gonna have here but the important thing is you got your 8 wheels and those wheels individually can't get you far but you put them on the axles working together and then you get that bus rolling and we'd like to carry that momentum into kansas city and then of course you got the steering wheel but if we can get that support on the bus plus you got the pizza and then gosh the ticket and you gotta be loud it's been a struggle with DJamer and he just got another boot but you know those are things you can't control and you can't make excuses but you focus on tcu and take it one game at a time and then you got kansas and we beat them at our place and they beat us there so we've go the rubber match and you win that and then I think we've got the most victories against top teams in the whole country there's no doubt we're the best 15-16 team in the country but the important thing is you reward those students who've supported us through the trials and tribulations you wish there were more fans more support but we're just out here gotta get everyone together and play as a team and play hard and hopefully they'll see it and put us in the tournament and there's no doubt we can beat anybody.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 01:27:56 AM »
Shrewd oscar move.  If you're driving, you can't be under it.