Author Topic: The new and now only oscar Weber replacement thread . . .  (Read 16349 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The new and now only oscar Weber replacement thread . . .
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2015, 01:25:38 PM »
Marshall would leave for Indiana, right?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2015, 01:26:23 PM »
you used to go on and on about what an amazing coach he was

yeah, i love big ten hoops and really enjoyed that rebuild effort. i watched every iu game his first two seasons and it was fun watching him try to stay competitive despite being impossibly outmanned. his 2012-13 team was one of the top-50 rosters constructed in the history of college hoops imo, and the fact that he couldn't get them beyond the sweet 16 was definitely ugly - and very telling.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2015, 01:27:22 PM »
OT: I have to share a "regular" story with you, but couldn't remember for sure what your @ was and didn't even know where to search for the original story on here.

PM!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2015, 01:32:42 PM »
OT: I have to share a "regular" story with you, but couldn't remember for sure what your @ was and didn't even know where to search for the original story on here.

PM!

This'll work.

I stopped at this place last Friday after getting a 'cut from Sergio.  Ordered the Reg. Fish.  The order taker questioned me, "Regular?"  I confirmed, and he proceeds to scream to his fish prep guys "REGULAR, NEED A REGULAR!!!"  It was completely emasculating and I thought of you.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2015, 01:40:46 PM »
Marshall would leave for Indiana, right?

Texas is a better Job, IMO.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »
Indiana In-Laws here -

Yeah, they want Bobby Knight personality minus the chokeholds.  They would embrace Marshall.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »
Indiana In-Laws here -

Yeah, they want Bobby Knight personality minus the chokeholds.  They would embrace Marshall.

Knight was tough and people were scared of him; Frank with lots more wins and less loveable, playing with a lawn X-Mas decoration moments. Marshall is incredibly whiny and paranoid, nothing about him connotes tough and feared.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2015, 02:18:35 PM »
I stopped at this place last Friday after getting a 'cut from Sergio.  Ordered the Reg. Fish.  The order taker questioned me, "Regular?"  I confirmed, and he proceeds to scream to his fish prep guys "REGULAR, NEED A REGULAR!!!"  It was completely emasculating and I thought of you.

i've replaced 'regular' with 'normal-sized' in my vocabulary, btw.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2015, 02:24:18 PM »
Friend of mine is an Indiana guy, 2 degrees, he thinks Crean gets another year.

I don't think he's a bad coach, I like his style of play, but he might be a slightly funner Weber.

11 mil buy out. Also built Indian back up only to have it fade away. They also should return everybody, need to stop playing that pathetic zone. Their defense is terrible.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »

:tsc:

https://twitter.com/TheKidToben/status/24160174224

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2015, 03:10:15 PM »

:tsc:

https://twitter.com/TheKidToben/status/24160174224

who the f*ck is john rake!?  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2015, 03:41:52 PM »
who the f*ck is john rake!?  :horrorsurprise:

John stepped into quite a rabbit hole.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2015, 11:19:48 PM »
Friend of mine is an Indiana guy, 2 degrees, he thinks Crean gets another year.

I don't think he's a bad coach, I like his style of play, but he might be a slightly funner Weber.

Yeah he's getting another year and it has nothing to do with his w-l record. They aren't paying that dude $11 million. The people of Indiana wake up every single day hoping that Crean does something stupid so that he can be fired with cause.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2015, 11:24:21 PM »
The entire state of Indiana would rejoice if Coach Knight came back for two years to "calm the waters."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »
Hahahaha

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2015, 05:14:41 PM »
i'll add another possible candidate...

chris jans, current bowling green coach, would be a home-run hire for k-state. in his first season at bgsu, he's led them to a 19-10 (11-7 MAC) record and has a chance to reach 20 wins if they win as expected on monday. bowling's kenpom rating is 86th, highest in more than a decade, after being mostly in the 150s to 240s the last 10 years. the turnaround has been far quicker than anybody could have expected.

jans spent eight years working as an assistant under marshall at wichita, and also had a previous stint at independence, so he's very familiar with kansas. he's been a head coach at five schools (one or two year stints at all), and is 175-51 overall (he's never won fewer than 20 games at any stop, and has 25-plus wins in four of seven seasons).

anyway, the guy is impressive. would be a good option for 2016-17.

well, jans is now available!  :lol:

http://deadspin.com/heres-the-ass-slapping-video-that-got-bowling-greens-co-1695360858?rev=1428011946401&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

EDIT: This is covered in another thread. Sorry.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2015, 05:19:05 PM »

chris jans, current bowling green coach, would be a home-run hire for k-state. in his first season at bgsu, he's led them to a 19-10 (11-7 MAC) record and has a chance to reach 20 wins if they win as expected on monday. bowling's kenpom rating is 86th, highest in more than a decade, after being mostly in the 150s to 240s the last 10 years. the turnaround has been far quicker than anybody could have expected.

jans spent eight years working as an assistant under marshall at wichita, and also had a previous stint at independence, so he's very familiar with kansas. he's been a head coach at five schools (one or two year stints at all), and is 175-51 overall (he's never won fewer than 20 games at any stop, and has 25-plus wins in four of seven seasons).

http://deadspin.com/heres-the-ass-slapping-video-that-got-bowling-greens-co-1695360858?rev=1428011946401&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

was it?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2015, 05:23:30 PM »

LOL at the snitch's assessment of Jans not being able to handle the big-city temptation that exists at Bowling Green and that he was sheltered from in Wichita.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2015, 05:25:35 PM »

LOL at the snitch's assessment of Jans not being able to handle the big-city temptation that exists at Bowling Green and that he was sheltered from in Wichita.

yes, Bowling Green is unique in that bars are close to campus

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »

yes, Bowling Green is unique in that bars are close to campus

That was amazing.  If BG had known before today what kind of dipshit they were dealing with in the snitch, maybe they wouldn't have reacted to his tale like they did.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2015, 09:40:26 PM »
i wouldn't have fired him.  because the letter was so poorly written.  you want someone fired, reread and edit your rough ridin' letter before sending it off, for eff's sake.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2015, 09:54:13 PM »
i wouldn't have fired him.  because the letter was so poorly written.  you want someone fired, reread and edit your rough ridin' letter before sending it off, for eff's sake.
They said they didn't want him fired at some point. Maybe that explains the grammar

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2015, 08:02:01 AM »
Lot of enjoying each other's company going on. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2015, 10:02:43 AM »
They said they didn't want him fired at some point. Maybe that explains the grammar

they did a good job of writing a letter that reflected unfavorably on the university.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."