Author Topic: So this blue and black dress thing...  (Read 19400 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So this blue and black dress thing...
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2015, 09:32:31 AM »
I would have never guess GE.com was so full of black and blue idiots.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2015, 09:33:14 AM »
this has been an eye opening experience. since 2008 i have been thinking the whole time that our president was red and blue.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2015, 09:33:35 AM »
Supposedly, this is the same dress:

http://starcasm.net/archives/308050

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2015, 09:33:51 AM »
Here are some samples taken from the photos so that the context is taken away. What colors do you guys see now?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2015, 09:35:08 AM »
Here are some samples taken from the photos so that the context is taken away. What colors do you guys see now?

Everyone is seeing the opposite ends of the spectrum?  So the truth lies somewhere in between, right?  Sky Blue and Rust FTW.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2015, 09:36:15 AM »

wake me up when you photoshop it to be white and gold and then tell me it's not.  :zzz:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2015, 09:36:44 AM »
I enjoy that it took a girl finally posting to correctly name the shade of washed out blue
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2015, 09:41:35 AM »

wake me up when you photoshop it to be white and gold and then tell me it's not.  :zzz:

nobody photoshopped anything!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2015, 09:49:11 AM »
Are we talking about the orange and green dress in this thread?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2015, 09:56:12 AM »

This could easily be the same style of dress in a different color.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2015, 09:56:57 AM »

so what's different about the "controversial" photo compared to every single other photo of the dress?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2015, 10:00:44 AM »
Just a bunch of closed-minded fools yelling at each other because they see things differently.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2015, 10:08:59 AM »
Just a bunch of closed-minded fools yelling at each other because they see things differently.

Amen brother.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2015, 10:14:39 AM »
I have often wondered if we perceive colors entirely differently...like the color that I call purple actually looks to you like the color I call green, but we would never know because you call that color purple not because it looks like what I think purple looks like but because that color you are seeing has been called purple.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »
I have often wondered if we perceive colors entirely differently...like the color that I call purple actually looks to you like the color I call green, but we would never know because you call that color purple not because it looks like what I think purple looks like but because that color you are seeing has been called purple.

You need a hobby

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2015, 10:22:53 AM »

This could easily be the same style of dress in a different color.

actually the woman in the dress in the subject photo posted once she saw it blow up and even provided a pic showing it is the dress above.

I only saw W/G and thought people were nuts until I turned the phone around to show my buddy and as it turned I saw B/B.    Now I can see it both ways at different times, an it will even change as I scroll down the pic.    This is all on a phone.    On a monitor I don't think it's as easy to change.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2015, 10:24:32 AM »

gold brown black

white light blue blue

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »

I've often pondered the same thing. There is no true way to share what we see to others. Wild to think about. Also wild that we see things upside down and our brain flips it. That's wild.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2015, 10:33:11 AM »

gold brown black

white light blue blue

Same here. The samples were taken from this photo....The center is the original and the other two have been adjusted. Even the far left photo, I see that it is a faded blue/black in bad lighting...but when I look at the samples out of context I see the gold/white colors.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »

gold brown black

white light blue blue

Same here. The samples were taken from this photo....The center is the original and the other two have been adjusted. Even the far left photo, I see that it is a faded blue/black in bad lighting...but when I look at the samples out of context I see the gold/white colors.

I see blue/black on the far right.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2015, 11:41:02 AM »

gold brown black

white light blue blue

Seriously - time out from bbs trolling - are all you blue/black people rough ridin' with us? That's a white/gold dress. The picture in the middle is white/gold. the picture on the left is a brighter white/gold, and the picture on the right has been severly darkened, but you can still see the gold.

I'll concede that the white in the middle has a slightly bluish hue, and this becomes more pronounced when you darken the image. But wtf are people getting black from?

Or, is this simply a matter of how bright people's monitors are? The only way you're getting to blue/black is if you have the brightness on your monitor cranked down to about 5%.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline kstatefan11

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2015, 12:00:18 PM »
Last night, this morning--white and gold. No discussion.

I was forced to update to the newest version of chrome today, and all of a sudden....BLUE AND BLACK. Exclusively.
kstatefan11w still sees white and gold, on Firefox and IE (she still uses Explorer :fatty:)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2015, 12:08:11 PM »

gold brown black

white light blue blue

Seriously - time out from bbs trolling - are all you blue/black people rough ridin' with us? That's a white/gold dress. The picture in the middle is white/gold. the picture on the left is a brighter white/gold, and the picture on the right has been severly darkened, but you can still see the gold.

I'll concede that the white in the middle has a slightly bluish hue, and this becomes more pronounced when you darken the image. But wtf are people getting black from?

Or, is this simply a matter of how bright people's monitors are? The only way you're getting to blue/black is if you have the brightness on your monitor cranked down to about 5%.

Yeah, well....

Please...Obama is whiter than most white people.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2015, 12:13:35 PM »

gold brown black

white light blue blue

far left- very light blue, gold
middle- light blue, brown
right-blue, black

also lol at spracne's post

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2015, 12:17:34 PM »

No, in my mind I'm 100% that its blue and black. The 3 photo thing just looks like blue and black and messing with the contrast/brightness with the same picture.

I will admit that the first time I looked at this morning I saw white/gold. But only one time, then I've seen blue/black.

I'm not making any of this up.