Author Topic: #IamNathanPower  (Read 42910 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: #IamNathanPower
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2015, 12:35:11 PM »
the sun will come up spracs. you will feel joy again. hang in there.

Bro, I'm good.  If you recall, I was expecting to lose on Monday.  What I did not expect is for the post-game narrative to be about the behavior of K-State fans and how it is symptomatic of a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.  If I were upset--and I'm not--I would take comfort in the fact that no one is talking about the game itself but rather the behavior of KSU fans afterwards.  Here we are two days later, and ESPN has a story on the front page about K-State's contrition.  It's like WOW, you've just pulled off the most improbable upset, and you can't even enjoy it because everyone is frowning towards you and giving you stern looks while solemnly shaking their heads from side to side.

there is no problem and nothing needs to be addressed.  the college game is 125 years old, can you name one time in the past 125 years when court storming has resulted in an injury to a player?

classic example of results-oriented thinking

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9019013/joe-kay-sobering-rushing-court-story

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2015, 12:38:11 PM »

Bro, I'm good.  If you recall, I was expecting to lose on Monday.  What I did not expect is for the post-game narrative to be about the behavior of K-State fans and how it is symptomatic of a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.  If I were upset--and I'm not--I would take comfort in the fact that no one is talking about the game itself but rather the behavior of KSU fans afterwards.  Here we are two days later, and ESPN has a story on the front page about K-State's contrition.  It's like WOW, you've just pulled off the most improbable upset, and you can't even enjoy it because everyone is frowning towards you and giving you stern looks while solemnly shaking their heads from side to side.

there is no problem and nothing needs to be addressed.  the college game is 125 years old, can you name one time in the past 125 years when court storming has resulted in an injury to a player?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9019013/joe-kay-sobering-rushing-court-story

typical squawk education.  wildcat asks for example of college hoops and squawk replies with example of high school hoops.  sigh.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2015, 12:39:50 PM »

typical squawk education.  wildcat asks for example of college hoops and squawk replies with example of high school hoops.  sigh.

You didn't specify the college game in your question, though.

The Big Train

« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2015, 12:46:36 PM »
so let me get this straight, phog is threatening to kill somebody, posting personal information again, beems called us ISIS and this is all over a disorderly conduct ticket after we whipped ku's ass again?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:51:15 PM by The Big Train »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2015, 12:48:21 PM »
KSU's reputation permanently sullied.
Already forgotten, except in the dark hearts of butthurt squawkers.

Shrug it off all you want, I just know I would be disappointed and embarrassed if my degree-granting institution was all over the news for this shameful display.

You serious Clark? Why should I be embarassed that one out of hundreds of thousands of kids who have attended my fine alma mater did something dumb? If that were the standard, I think KU alums would be downright mortified.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »

Shrug it off all you want, I just know I would be disappointed and embarrassed if my degree-granting institution was all over the news for this shameful display.

You serious Clark? Why should I be embarassed that one out of hundreds of thousands of kids who have attended my fine alma mater did something dumb? If that were the standard, I think KU alums would be downright mortified.
One kid bumps one of their basketball players: embarrassing for all of Kansas State University

Dead beat dad's, sink batterers, elevator molesters, bb gun attackers, bouncer spitters, drunk drivers and more (all members of the beloved KU basketball team in the last few years): nothing to see here
:adios:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2015, 12:59:22 PM »

One kid bumps one of their basketball players: embarrassing for all of Kansas State University

Dead beat dad's, sink batterers, elevator molesters, bb gun attackers, bouncer spitters, drunk drivers and more (all members of the beloved KU basketball team in the last few years): nothing to see here

You should contact all of the national media outlets and see why they haven't written anything about all of the stuff that happens at KU.  I'm sure this is all just a conspiracy to make K-State fans look bad.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2015, 01:01:22 PM »
they don't care about ku

The Big Train

« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »
beems you know the administration at ku doesnt release what really happened

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2015, 01:04:47 PM »
ESPN has been leading a campaign against court storming for awhile now, it's part of that faux moral outrage thing they do to attract viewers. I don't think many people on this board are that upset about their coverage, because we realize this has very little to do with K-State, and is just an opportunity for a big corporation to seem empathetic for a couple days. You seem to be the one that is continually intimating that we are tearing our clothes at the injustice of it all. I haven't really seen that at all. It's possible that you're constructing a false narrative.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2015, 01:04:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure some of that stuff has been reported by the national media. 

This has been fantastic publicity, our AD has been on ESPN, several national radio shows, it's been great.

Pretty much free advertising.

Come to KSU beat KU's ass repeatedly and party rock your face off.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2015, 01:05:37 PM »
I assume that due to the carnage of court storming that KU will immediately stop rushing the field after football wins, right Beems?

The Big Train

« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2015, 01:07:57 PM »
bumping into someone was def worse than all of those

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »
I will admit at least 30% of the blame is with KU in this matter.  If we weren't so awesome, then the prospect of beating us wouldn't elicit such uncontrollable mania from the unwashed masses in attendance.  Still, this incident was a hair away from exploding into a tragedy.  Now that Jayhawk Nation has thrown its support behind this effort, I expect waves to be made. Waves of wheat.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2015, 01:15:18 PM »
bumping into someone was def worse than all of those

Yep, unwanted physical contact towards an opposing team's player is completely normal, acceptable behavior, and it's obvious at this point that Nathan Powers and the entire K-State fanbase had every right to act the way they did on Monday night.  You guys should be proud of the way things transpired.  Congrats on a hard-faught win, and good luck the rest of the season.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2015, 01:16:13 PM »

You should contact all of the national media outlets and see why they haven't written anything about all of the stuff that happens at KU.  I'm sure this is all just a conspiracy to make K-State fans look bad.

Still waiting on that WSJ link.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2015, 01:17:39 PM »
thanks for the kind words beems

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2015, 01:21:06 PM »
Can we quit calling what happened "violence"? I mean, people have been bumped harder walking down the street looking at their phone
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2015, 01:21:23 PM »
instead of dealing with the fact that they've been passed by two instate hoops programs, jhawkers nationwide choose instead to lash out a single college freshman from other school. film at eleven.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:27:48 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2015, 01:25:05 PM »
all the butthurt about it makes me enjoy it a ton more

it seriously is the best thing that could've possibly happened

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »
amount I would have enjoyed winning this game: 5
amount I'm currently enjoying winning this game: over a billion

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2015, 01:27:33 PM »
How many girls are kissing Nathan this week?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2015, 01:29:04 PM »
I bet Weird Robert is gonna pay Nathan's DisCo ticket.