Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4069225 times)

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #1000 on: June 04, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »

We're never getting to a BCS game ever again  :bawl:

Yeah, but we'd get to play sister school Georgia :surprised:

Every Saturday in the SEC would be like Christmas morning.

"Oh!  We're playing Florida today!"

:love:

We'd get especially pumped to play Auburn and eff Cam Newtons crap up.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 04, 2010, 06:06:33 PM »
just imagine the Creighton/ISU matchups  :love:

heated to say the least

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 04, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »
Here's an idea...    :users:

note: The editors and managers of that site are actually really level headed and generally decent guys. This particular post was made by a random homer.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:48:38 PM by WillieWannabe »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 04, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 05, 2010, 12:07:36 AM »
Someone w/ vid creation skills needs to get on a brotherhood themed Big12 montage set to "Stay With Me" by Pearl Jam.

To: The Judas 6

STAT!

this is not a bad idea. i wish i still had the facilities.

perhaps an even gayer/emotional type song would be in order.

Maybe I'll try one.  Don't know.  Seems hard.

Well, I tried.  Didn't really know what to put.  I thought maybe a country-western song would play better with Oklahomans and Texans.

!

OMG...lol the purple kitty. amazing.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Gary Patterson Jr.

• Fan
  • Dad?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: June 05, 2010, 12:21:04 AM »
Guys. GUYS! It's gonna be ok. Some Kentucky fan just posted on the phog a hypothetical SEC conference that he would like to see:

SEC West
KU
K state
Arkansas
Baylor
A & M
LSU
Tennessee
Alabama

SEC East
Kentucky
Ole Miss
Miss St
Florida
Georgia
Auburn
South Carolina
Vanderbilt

Mark my words, THIS WILL F-ING HAPPEN :excited:

If it helps I have friends at various SEC schools. I could have them start bringing up how cool K-State is around their other SEC friends. If we can get a team like Alabama to be all "K-State's alright they can hang out with us" we would totally be in.
There is a good possibility Gary Patterson is my biological father.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 05, 2010, 12:48:03 AM »
If it helps I have friends at various SEC schools. I could have them start bringing up how cool K-State is around their other SEC friends. If we can get a team like Alabama to be all "K-State's alright they can hang out with us" we would totally be in.

Sorry Gary, but Dennis Franchione is no longer at Alabama.

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 05, 2010, 01:25:05 AM »
Good Gad, but this is depressing. :frown:

totally  :cry:

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 05, 2010, 03:41:00 AM »

Sorry Gary, but Dennis Franchione is no longer at Alabama.

Maybe Frank could get Anthony Grant to start passing on a good word.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 05, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
LOL at the "Tech problem".

Friday, the Columbus Dispatch first reported the e-mail exchange between Gee and Powers, plus another between Gee and Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany.

"I did speak with Bill Powers at Texas, who would welcome a call to say they have a 'Tech' problem," Gee wrote in an e-mail sent to Delany and obtained by The Dispatch through a public-records request for documents and correspondence related to Big Ten expansion proposals. The Tech problem presumably involves Texas Tech, a school some feel would have to come with Texas and Texas A&M in any bid for those schools to join the Big Ten.

The day before writing about his conversation with Powers, Gee wrote Delany to say he was "of the mind that we control our destiny at the moment, but the window will soon close on us. Agility and swiftness of foot is our friend."

Delany said: "We are fast-tracking it but need to know the $ and observe contracts," according to the Dispatch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5251329

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 05, 2010, 10:55:48 AM »
So Lew Perkins missed entire days of the Big 12 meeting, and KU's Chancellor wasn't there at all.

Classic.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 05, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »
Here's an idea...    :users:

Thanks for posting that, I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl.

Wtf, merge athletically and play football in Topeka? I think I'd rather be part of the Missouri Valley...
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
nebraska
« Reply #1012 on: June 05, 2010, 01:54:03 PM »
how do we make them stay? currently accepting ideas.

http://newsok.com/article/3466077

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 05, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »
Tardville pretty butt hurt about potentially being tied to K-State.

Offline ksubeaver

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 05, 2010, 02:17:35 PM »
Might as well build rivalies with the MWC now.
I suggest TCU to start.... The Battle for the Purple... If we win we get Gary Patterson.... if not then they get a chair that Ron Prince sat in and Jim Woldridges neck brace.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 05, 2010, 02:23:33 PM »
Dude, nobody wants a busted ass chair with Ronny's ass imprinted on it.  Now, Ronny's enormous cowboy hat... Dude, black cowboys are all the rage nowadays, maybe we can convince them that Ron Ron is actually Hootie?

The42Yardstick

« Reply #1016 on: June 05, 2010, 02:44:30 PM »
crap, guys. :frown:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 05, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »
Does anyone else see Beebe's face as a metaphor for this fiasco? I mean if he can't see the rough ridin' ugly wart on his cheek, how the hell is he going to see this coming?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1018 on: June 05, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »
Here's an idea...    :users:

Thanks for posting that, I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl.

Wtf, merge athletically and play football in Topeka? I think I'd rather be part of the Missouri Valley...

I'm ashamed someone posted that on our network.  The actual editors of that site are very, very good.

Offline Iceberg

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: nebraska
« Reply #1019 on: June 05, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
Pass a rule that all Big 12 vehicles must run off of E85 blended gasoline. The KSU-Nebraska game will change to "The Ethanol Bowl". Huskers will go crazy. Nebraska politicans are in their corn board's back pockets.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: June 05, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »
you guys are all being emo, i LOVE it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1021 on: June 05, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »
I honestly don't know why they'd leave.  They have a clearer shot at a CCG appearance where they are every single year.  It's not like it will get any easier if they go to the Big Ten, and if the Big Ten goes to 14 or 16 teams, it makes it even harder.  I mean their biggest road blocks are Kansas State and Missouri.  I love KSU, but seriously, come on.

Some schools will care about academics, but my personal feeling is that Nebraska doesn't give a damn.  Their academic and athletic donations hinge upon how well the football team does, and their football team will be much better in the Big 12 than the Big Ten.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
New Orangebloods.com Article...
« Reply #1022 on: June 05, 2010, 07:58:56 PM »
don't know what to make of this?  :runaway:  :blindfold:

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091406

Fallout from the Orangebloods.com report that the Pac-10 is planning to extend invitations to Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado has been immediate.

DeLoss Dodds and Texas are working feverishly to hold the Big 12 together.
Already, the political forces in Texas are preparing to make demands that if six schools from the Big 12 are going to be invited to the Pac-10, Baylor should replace Colorado on that list, according to two sources close to the situation.

"If you're going to have an exported commodity involved in this, do you think we're going to allow a school from outside the state of Texas to replace one of our schools in the Big 12 South? I don't think so. We're already at work on this," said a high-ranking member of the Texas Legislature who asked not to be identified.

The source said there is a block of 15 legislators who will work to make sure Baylor - not Colorado - is invited to the Pac-10.

"If the Pac-10 wants Texas, and we know they do, they may have to take all of our Texas schools," the source said, adding that Texas Tech has also benefited from political inclusion on the invite list.

That influence may already have been felt during Saturday's Pac-10 meetings in San Francisco (more on that in a minute).

The Texas legislators taking up for Baylor are pointing to the political and economic importance of keeping the Texas members of the Big 12 South together as well as Colorado's recent athletic struggles and lack of sports such as baseball, softball and men's tennis.

(The CU football team is 16-33 the past four years, and the hoops team has made the NCAA Tournament twice in the last 41 years. Baylor's football isn't much better at 15-33, but the Bears' hoops program is on the rise.)

"Denver as a television market doesn't really support Colorado," the source said. "And the weather can also be an adventure."

THE PAC-10 PROPOSALS

Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott laid out several possible expansion scenarios to his league's athletic directors during conference meetings in San Francisco on Saturday.

According to a source with knowledge of the Pac-10 meetings, Scott made cases to: stay at its current 10-school membership; merge with the entire Big 12; invite six schools from the Big 12, as long as it includes Texas; or invite Colorado and Utah.

The source said there is not much enthusiasm for a full-blown merger or for the league to go to 12 schools by adding Colorado and Utah.

Multiple sources said the plan Scott favors is adding six teams from the Big 12 (as long as it includes Texas) and creating two, eight-team divisions. The Big 12 schools would compete in a division with Arizona and Arizona State, while the remaining Pac-10 schools - USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State - would compete in the other division.

Scott also apparently laid out two plans that would involve the six-team invitation to schools in the Big 12. One that included Colorado and one that replaced Colorado with Baylor along with the other members of the Big 12 South.

Scott did not immediately return a message left for him by Orangebloods.com.

PAC-10 COMMITTED TO A CONFERENCE NETWORK

Scott, who took over as Pac-10 commissioner in 2009 and earns $1.7 million annually after running the Women's Tennis Association for six years, appears ready to show he's worth every penny by making a splash. He will recommend to the presidents and chancellors on Sunday that they invite six Big 12 teams and move forward with a 16-team conference network that projects to pay out $20 million per school.

The network would most likely be run by Fox Cable Networks (a subsidiary of News Corporation), which serves as the chief operating partner of the Big Ten Network.
The Pac-10 would want an answer from any invited schools by the end of the year because its television package with Fox is up for renewal in 2011.

Former Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg, who took over as the chief operating officer of the Pac-10 in April, has experience in launching a conference network after helping the Big Ten do it.

Weiberg resigned from the Big 12 and went to the Big Ten to work on its network after Big 12 members went against his recommendation to start a conference network in 2007.

The Pac-10's plans to have a conference network is a major stumbling block for Texas.

UT officials have partnered with IMG in exploring their own television network and would have to abandon those plans if it was to move to the Pac-10. Scott told Orangebloods.com in May that a conference network would require "an all rights in" commitment from member schools.

That's one of the biggest reasons Texas is working feverishly to hold the Big 12 together.

Mike Slive, commissioner of the Southeastern Conference, which would love to have Texas, said this week schools can explore their own networks in the SEC. It was almost an open-armed invitation to Texas, which has so far seen the SEC as poor cultural fit.

Despite overtures from the Big Ten, Texas has balked at the logistics of being the southern boundary of that league and doesn't appear interested.

Multiple sources close to the situation say Missouri, Colorado and Nebraska are the three schools holding up the Big 12 from moving forward as a conference. The league wrapped up meetings in Kansas City on Friday without a vow of solidarity from all its schools.

Two sources said Missouri is eagerly hoping for an invitation from the Big Ten, while Nebraska appears to be moving back to the table with the nine schools who are determined to keep the Big 12 alive.

Colorado appears to be hoping for a Pac-10 invitation, but now the Buffaloes could be left out of that mix thanks to Baylor and Texas politics.

Just another day in the swirl that is possible college realignment.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: New Orangebloods.com Article...
« Reply #1023 on: June 05, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
That, in whole, sounds pretty good for us.

wetwillie

Re: New Orangebloods.com Article...
« Reply #1024 on: June 05, 2010, 08:09:16 PM »
It means that unless Currie can pull an SEC invite out of his ass :pray: that we are headed either for a patched together Big 12 or the MWC or worse.