Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4067980 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #275 on: May 03, 2010, 01:08:14 PM »
So, the storied Big 8/12 is replaced in the BCS by the freaking MWC?  I just can't imagine that happening.

As long as we're a part of the MWC when it happens, this would be much better for K-State than the status quo.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »
Most of you guys are thinking about this all wrong. We are not going to see less BCS games, and I doubt the BCS will drop the number of conferences with automatic bids. So the best case scenario is Missouri and Nebraska to the Big 10, Texas, A&M, OU, and OSU to the SEC, CU to the PAC 10, and KSU, KU, and Tech to the Mountain West. The Mountain West would become a BCS conference to replace the automatic bid vacated by the former Big 12. This would allow us to take conference road trips to San Diego, Fort Collins, and Salt Lake City, as well as play in BCS bowl games more often than not.

...and Iowa Sate and Baylor, plus pull two others (Boise State and Fresno State????) to make the Mountain West a 16 team super conference that is (cough, cough) worthy of inclusion in the BCS.

Ya, I'd take that versus just being in a regular mid-major.  

I still think that there is a small chance we stay in the Big 12, and it actually expands to 16 in a similar fashion....buy adding a couple former Big East teams and a few mid-majors.

Who do you think I have speak with to get _Fan's Doom shirts put on here?

http://mwcstore.teamfanshop.com/Default.aspx/source/MWC-032610Spring-300

Would we even need those other schools? If anything, Iowa State and Baylor might make the conference less BCS-worthy from a competitive standpoint, and the mountain west is already very close to becoming a BCS conference as is. Plus, I hate Baylor and would love to ditch those losers. Iowa State would have insane travel costs and might not want to join just because of that.

I'd rather have anyone than Air Force.  DO NOT WANT!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »
It just seems more likely that we poach some of t he bigger MWC type teams and remain the Big 8/12/16.  Generally the big fish eat the small fish, not vice versa.  Adding a TCU, CSU, Utah, Louisville, etc would make more sense than the MWC becoming a BCS.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »
I don't want to go to the Mountain West if it's a BCS conference.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2010, 01:26:59 PM »
It just seems more likely that we poach some of t he bigger MWC type teams and remain the Big 8/12/16.  Generally the big fish eat the small fish, not vice versa.  Adding a TCU, CSU, Utah, Louisville, etc would make more sense than the MWC becoming a BCS.

The New Big 12:

K-State
KU
ISU
Baylor
Tech
BYU
Utah
CSU
Louisville
Memphis
TCU
Some other crappy team? Maybe Houston or LA Tech?

This conference would just suck. I would much rather just implode the Big 12 and move on to the Mtn. West. The only other good alternative would be to form a brand new Big 8 with no affiliation to the Big 12 that includes
K-State
KU
Tech
BYU
Utah
Louisville
Memphis
TCU

This would mean less tv sets, but less teams to split them between as well. We would also have a solid shot at BCS standing as nobody is really terrible except for Memphis football.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2010, 03:20:24 PM »
I can't really see UT leaving for the SEC. Or CU leaving for Pac 10. I could be wrong, hope I'm not.

What I see as a most likely scenario-

Utah
BYU
KSU
KSU
ISU
CU

UT
OU
OSU
TTech
Baylor
A&M

If this doesn't happen, I see KSU, KU, Tech, and OSU joining the BCS MWC. Either of which I'd take. Would be amazing to get to see KSU at Air Force.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2010, 03:21:33 PM »
Raise your hand if you would rather move to the Mt. West than continue in the exact same Big 12 we have now

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2010, 03:23:35 PM »
Raise your hand if you would rather move to the Mt. West than continue in the exact same Big 12 we have now

Is this based on the assumption that it would be a "BCS" (albeit, bottom of barrel BCS) conference?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »
As long as it would be BCS, hell yes I would.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 03, 2010, 03:43:20 PM »

Is this based on the assumption that it would be a "BCS" (albeit, bottom of barrel BCS) conference?

Yeah, adding us and another garbage program or two makes it one (according to me, the decider)

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 03, 2010, 04:22:51 PM »
My guess is they'd try to get up to 16. Grabbing old Big XII teams and running. KSU, KU, OSU, Tech, Baylor, etc.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2010, 04:26:54 PM »
OSU will go wherever OU goes.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »
I'm good with whatever puts us in conference with UNLV.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
OSU will go wherever OU goes.

This.

And OU will go wherever UT goes.  

So if UT goes anywhere, then A&M, OU, and OSU will follow.

:runaway:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2010, 04:48:55 PM »
Maybe just combine the MWC and whatever is left of the Big 12.  2 divisions:  East= Big 12 leftovers + CSU and AFA.  West = Other MWC teams.   CCG in Denver?  :notsoundingsobadafterall:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2010, 04:55:29 PM »
I don't want Nebraska or KU following us to the Mountain West.

I think we can make our escape without NU on our coattails but KU is prolly not so easy to shake. 

Especially with people like Pete clamoring to bring lil bro to the MW along with us. 

Question:  Will you feel more elite as part of the mountain west because we are in the same conference as beautiful mountain campus settings like BYU, UTAH, Colorado State, Air Force and the entertainment mecca of Las Vegas?  Or will the presence of these resort universities make us feel inadequate?  I mean, the flint hills are nice and all, but  :dunno:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2010, 04:58:15 PM »

I think we can make our escape without NU on our coattails but KU is prolly not so easy to shake. 

Especially with people like Pete clamoring to bring lil bro to the MW along with us. 

Question:  Will you feel more elite as part of the mountain west because we are in the same conference as beautiful mountain campus settings like BYU, UTAH, Colorado State, Air Force and the entertainment mecca of Las Vegas?  Or will the presence of these resort universities make us feel inadequate?  I mean, the flint hills are nice and all, but  :dunno:

NO AIR FORCE!  We've had enough run-ins with baby killers.  Joke...don't rough ridin' flip out internet PC police.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »
reading this         Me- :barf:
EMAW

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2010, 05:06:26 PM »

NO AIR FORCE!  We've had enough run-ins with baby killers.  Joke...don't rough ridin' flip out internet PC police.

AF is the main reason I'm for this.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2010, 05:08:47 PM »
San Diego, Las Vegas, FoCo, CO Springs....it has it all

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2010, 05:10:21 PM »

NO AIR FORCE!  We've had enough run-ins with baby killers.  Joke...don't fracking flip out internet PC police.

Service Academies are terrible for college sports.  

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2010, 05:13:50 PM »

NO AIR FORCE!  We've had enough run-ins with baby killers.  Joke...don't fracking flip out internet PC police.

Service Academies are terrible for college sports. 

If it means I'll get to see the cats where I live, they could be Hitler lovers for all I care.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2010, 08:06:30 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2010, 08:09:01 PM »
I can't really see UT leaving for the SEC. Or CU leaving for Pac 10. I could be wrong, hope I'm not.

What I see as a most likely scenario-

Utah
BYU
KSU
KSU
ISU
CU

UT
OU
OSU
TTech
Baylor
A&M

If this doesn't happen, I see KSU, KU, Tech, and OSU joining the BCS MWC. Either of which I'd take. Would be amazing to get to see KSU at Air Force.

I think that the south will stay intact at least for a while if NU does not leave. If NU were to leave, then we would not be able to find anyone to vote against revenue sharing, and Texas would immediately start whoring itself out, and most of the south would leave with them. This is why it is important that we try to convince NU that leaving is in their best interest, just like we convinced KU fans that Mangino was a sh!tty coach. Our mountain road trips and BCS bowl game hopes depend on it.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »
I dont see us adding Utah and BYU before TCU or CSU.  Those 2 make much geograpic sense.  Plus, I imagine the Pac 10 would go after them and BSU pretty hard.  Maybe the Pac  10 can also take UNM and NMSU, those are shitty football venues and I don't want anything to do with them.