Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4069521 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #18600 on: April 30, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »
Wow, good luck to whatever team you cheer for user _42.  :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

RE Montana not moving up without Montana State: that's sweet. I don't know anything about Montana State other than that it's where Jonathan Beasley got fat, but I always think it's weird when there's a state without a single D-1 football team. In a perfect world everyone would get at least a little little D-1 love. 
 :frown:

They are D-1, just not FBS. South Dakota, North Dakota, Delaware, Rhode Island, and Maine don't have FBS programs, either.

And Alaska, New Hampshire, and Vermont

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18601 on: May 01, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »

Yeah I've been there and its a shithole, just not as big of a shithole as the orange bowl.

Yo, you gotta read the thread man.  Dlew already subtly attempted to correct you.  Not sure how you can credibly post in this thread and not know that the Orange Bowl has been gone for years.  It was demolished 4 years ago.  It is now this, not a shithole

Did you just try and tell me its not a shithole and link a picture of a baseball field?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18602 on: May 01, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »

Yeah I've been there and its a shithole, just not as big of a shithole as the orange bowl.

Yo, you gotta read the thread man.  Dlew already subtly attempted to correct you.  Not sure how you can credibly post in this thread and not know that the Orange Bowl has been gone for years.  It was demolished 4 years ago.  It is now this, not a shithole

Did you just try and tell me its not a shithole and link a picture of a baseball field?
ummm....thats where the Orange Bowl was.  Miami built the new ball park there. 

The Orange Bowl is now at Sun Life
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18603 on: May 01, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »

ummm....thats where the Orange Bowl was.  Miami built the new ball park there. 

The Orange Bowl is now at Sun Life

:barf:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18606 on: May 01, 2012, 02:08:23 PM »

That one guy thinking the Orange Bowl stadium was still there made me LOL for sure. But did they seriously just build this new baseball stadium and include a shitton of obstructed view seats in the upper deck behind those inordinately big lightposts? If I'm actually seeing what I think I'm seeing, that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18607 on: May 01, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »

That one guy thinking the Orange Bowl stadium was still there made me LOL for sure. But did they seriously just build this new baseball stadium and include a shitton of obstructed view seats in the upper deck behind those inordinately big lightposts? If I'm actually seeing what I think I'm seeing, that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
Yeah, that's pretty Miami0.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18608 on: May 01, 2012, 03:17:37 PM »
Anyone that was thinking I was actually referring to the old Orange bowl  :facepalm:

I was referring to the fact that the Orange Bowl/Stadium they play it in/area around the stadium(including 90% of miami) is a shithole.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18609 on: May 01, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
Yeah when you said "the orange bowl" is a crap hole, we should have assumed you meant "not the orange bowl."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18610 on: May 01, 2012, 03:35:54 PM »
C-USA is going big (14 schools).

Adding North Texas, Louisiana Tech, UT-San Antonio, Florida International, Old Dominion, and Charlotte.

ODU is currently in the FCS, but AE COM did a really nice stadium renovation for them recently, so they are probably a good choice.  Charlotte doesn't have a football program yet.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/18923863

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18611 on: May 01, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »
i don't know why so many here give a crap about playing jr. ad and want to make as much money as possible.  conference strength bragging >>>>>>> conference payout bragging.  bring on fsu, clemson, et al.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18612 on: May 01, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »
Yeah when you said "the orange bowl" is a crap hole, we should have assumed you meant "not the orange bowl."

Yes, orange bowl has multiple meanings. It can refer to the old stadium the orange bowl, the BCS game the orange bowl, the place where miami plays their games(they technically play them in the same place as the "Orange Bowl(BCS game)"

Either way they are all shitholes

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18613 on: May 01, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »
Thanks for adding more potential future opponents, CUSA  :dubious:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18614 on: May 01, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
i don't know why so many here give a crap about playing jr. ad and want to make as much money as possible.  conference strength bragging >>>>>>> conference payout bragging.  bring on fsu, clemson, et al.

Adding those schools diminishes conference strength because we wouldn't play all of them every year. We had the #1 conference strength last year and we will have it most years as long as we stick to 10 teams.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18615 on: May 01, 2012, 03:46:25 PM »

Adding those schools diminishes conference strength because we wouldn't play all of them every year. We had the #1 conference strength last year and we will have it most years as long as we stick to 10 teams.

We will go the way of the WAC if we stay at ten for long. West Virginia is on too much of an island right now. They need neighbors.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18616 on: May 01, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »

We will go the way of the WAC if we stay at ten for long. West Virginia is on too much of an island right now. They need neighbors.

Well, it would appear that the inertia is currently moving us towards at least 12 teams.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18617 on: May 01, 2012, 04:12:56 PM »

Adding North Texas, Louisiana Tech, UT-San Antonio, Florida International, Old Dominion, and Charlotte.

ODU is currently in the FCS, but AE COM did a really nice stadium renovation for them recently, so they are probably a good choice.  Charlotte doesn't have a football program yet.

_42, looks like there might be some room for Texas State in the Sun Belt now.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18618 on: May 01, 2012, 04:27:01 PM »

_42, looks like there might be some room for Texas State in the Sun Belt now.

It was reported that they will be joining the Sun Belt last night.

My guess is that there's now room for New Mexico State and Appalachian State as well.  ODU and Charlotte were both Sun Belt targets.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18619 on: May 01, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »
 This thread 

:zzz:  :zzz:   :zzz: :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18620 on: May 01, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »
This thread 

:zzz:  :zzz:   :zzz: :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

In an 18000+ post thread there are bound to be some lulls.....it will pick up again.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18621 on: May 01, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »
This thread 

In an 18000+ post thread there are bound to be some lulls.....it will pick up again.
Like when we add quality ACC teams!  :love: Then we can smear our fresh smelling taints all over the remaining ACC faces.  :lick:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18622 on: May 01, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »
Your 14 team league has a division with 8 teams

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

You're right.  For the 14 team league scenario, I should have said we'll be in the east division with WVU, FSU, Miami, Clem, GaTech and ISU OR KU.

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18623 on: May 01, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »

You're right.  For the 14 team league scenario, I should have said we'll be in the east division with WVU, FSU, Miami, Clem, GaTech and ISU OR KU.

From your earlier post, I agree that playing in texas less "might" hurt ksu's recruiting in texas, but would you agree that playing 2 teams from florida might open up recruiting more in that state for ksu?   I hope the conference grows to 16 teams but I think ksu will adjust if the Big12 goes to 14.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18624 on: May 01, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »

From your earlier post, I agree that playing in texas less "might" hurt ksu's recruiting in texas, but would you agree that playing 2 teams from florida might open up recruiting more in that state for ksu?   I hope the conference grows to 16 teams but I think ksu will adjust if the Big12 goes to 14.

It's certainly possible.  I just have a hard time seeing that. 

Assuming the 10-team scenario: If we recruit a kid from the DFW metroplex, his family will know that he'll be playing in Texas twice a year and that Manhattan is a fairly easy drive up the interstate if they want to go to the home games. 

Assuming the 12 or 14-team scenarios: If we recruit a kid from the Miami area, his family will know that he'll be playing in Florida once per year and that Manhattan is an expensive plane ride away if they want to go to the home games.

The two scenarios just don't compare IMO.