Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4066569 times)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #16900 on: October 25, 2011, 02:34:28 PM »
with all these "applications" I can't help but picture deaton and the bowtie from aTm sitting in a waiting room filling out an application with a pen. They would have to fill out things like emergency contacts and the like.

"don't forget to bring your social security card and a copy of your transcript"
emaw

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16901 on: October 25, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »
Staying at ten seems temporary, especially if a network is on the table.  They'll need 12 for the inventory.

My guess is that the WVU move is the first move.  Once that happens, the Big East completely destabilizes, ND jumps ship, and the BYU football/ND combo pack becomes a possibility.

WVU is technically #11 now.  We're reserving #12 for Brigham Dame.  Louisville will be #12.

Notre Young

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16902 on: October 25, 2011, 02:41:18 PM »
Staying at ten seems temporary, especially if a network is on the table.  They'll need 12 for the inventory.

My guess is that the WVU move is the first move.  Once that happens, the Big East completely destabilizes, ND jumps ship, and the BYU football/ND combo pack becomes a possibility.

WVU is technically #11 now.  We're reserving #12 for Brigham Dame.  Louisville will be #12.

Notre Young

no, denied

it's Brigham Dame

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #16903 on: October 25, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »

Notre Young

no, denied

it's Brigham Dame

:thumbs:

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16904 on: October 25, 2011, 02:50:17 PM »

Notre Young

no, denied

it's Brigham Dame

YOU GUISE   :frown:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #16905 on: October 25, 2011, 02:51:33 PM »

Notre Young

no, denied

it's Brigham Dame

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #16906 on: October 25, 2011, 02:57:15 PM »
no, denied

it's Brigham Dame

Has a good ring to it.  We need DeLoss Dodds to awaken his inner EMAW and do this for us.  :bwpopcorn:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16907 on: October 25, 2011, 03:12:05 PM »
mouthbreather

FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12545
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Seeking your thoughts Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
West Virginia will be 10 and I think the conference will stay at 10 for now, but who do you add to get to 12? I think Louisville is obvious, but the other choice isn't obvious. So, let me think outside of the box.

Missouri State is Kansas State if it had dropped to the Missouri Valley. Now, I know some of you will immediately scoff, but what I want your opinion on this is: If Missouri goes to the SEC and gets it butts kicked in football as we expect, and Missouri State joins the Big 12 and quickly ramps up football (it needs to add at least 30,000 seats to its stadium) to even Colorado-like levels, where will those two athletic departments, and maybe universities, stand in 10 years?

I'm not even thinking about this as a shot at MU, but that doesn't hurt. Plus, thanks to politics, Gov. Jay Nixon may be in a spot to approve funding on a huge football stadium addition in Springfield just to save face.

Thoughts?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16908 on: October 25, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »
mouthbreather

FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12545
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
West Virginia will be 10 and I think the conference will stay at 10 for now, but who do you add to get to 12? I think Louisville is obvious, but the other choice isn't obvious. So, let me think outside of the box.

Missouri State is Kansas State if it had dropped to the Missouri Valley. Now, I know some of you will immediately scoff, but what I want your opinion on this is: If Missouri goes to the SEC and gets it butts kicked in football as we expect, and Missouri State joins the Big 12 and quickly ramps up football (it needs to add at least 30,000 seats to its stadium) to even Colorado-like levels, where will those two athletic departments, and maybe universities, stand in 10 years?

I'm not even thinking about this as a shot at MU, but that doesn't hurt. Plus, thanks to politics, Gov. Jay Nixon may be in a spot to approve funding on a huge football stadium addition in Springfield just to save face.

Thoughts?

He can't be serious.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16909 on: October 25, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16910 on: October 25, 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
mouthbreather

FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12545
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

Thoughts?

He can't be serious.

I feel like I am missing out on a lot of good BBSing over there.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16911 on: October 25, 2011, 03:22:11 PM »
mouthbreather

FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12545
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

Thoughts?

Brigham Dame for 12th or GTFO

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16912 on: October 25, 2011, 03:23:24 PM »
I thought that board had potential.....until I saw the Rutgers Lookalike Thread.  Then some idiot posted a link to the Rutgers roster to make it easier.   :facepalm:

Sounds like the sand aggies could show them a thing or two.

Are these couch aggies or mountain aggies?

:love:
Coal aggies.

No plural.  it is simply "coal aggie"

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16913 on: October 25, 2011, 03:24:59 PM »
-

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16914 on: October 25, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »
Huntington, West Virginia.  Hometown of Bill Walker and OJ Mayo.

:combofan:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16915 on: October 25, 2011, 03:35:18 PM »
mouthbreather

FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12545
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

Thoughts?

He can't be serious.

this was a BITB trolling point for a couple shows last week.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16916 on: October 25, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »

Offline thebigcatbowski

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16917 on: October 25, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »
mouthbreather

FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12545
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

Thoughts?

He can't be serious.

Missouri State is a legitimate option.
Televisions in MO wouldn't be lost to the SEC either.

Another option would be to bring Wichita State in, and require they rebuild their football program.

Offline thebigcatbowski

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16918 on: October 25, 2011, 04:16:49 PM »
Quote from: FITZ
Thanks for your input. I've been told BYU is dead. I'll believe the Notre Dame to Big 12 stuff when it happens (and that may bring BYU back as the football school to replace Notre Dame), and I am not crazy about any other regional option, although the best is Cincinnati. Even then, Cincy needs to renovate football to get it up to standards. Some of you say Memphis, but athletics (particularly football) is so awful that the Big East doesn't want them and Tulane was floated and dismissed. Plus, I don't see the league adding another Texas school.

I think what is going on is WVU is a quick add to 10 and on paper they look like an improvement over Missouri so it's a PR win for the conference. Teams 11 and 12 will wait until Notre Dame can be sorted out. If ND wants to park its non-FB sports in the conference, then a FB only partner might be needed or do they stay at 10 in FB and add another non-FB school such as Marquette to be 12 in other sports?

I think there are so many questions about 11 and 12, they will wait but snapping up West Virginia and shoving that down MU's throats seems like the immediate move. With WVU in, I would be tempted to make another run at Pitt to bring in with Louisville.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #16919 on: October 25, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »
Quote from: FITZ
Thanks for your input. I've been told BYU is dead. I'll believe the Notre Dame to Big 12 stuff when it happens (and that may bring BYU back as the football school to replace Notre Dame), and I am not crazy about any other regional option, although the best is Cincinnati. Even then, Cincy needs to renovate football to get it up to standards. Some of you say Memphis, but athletics (particularly football) is so awful that the Big East doesn't want them and Tulane was floated and dismissed. Plus, I don't see the league adding another Texas school.

I think what is going on is WVU is a quick add to 10 and on paper they look like an improvement over Missouri so it's a PR win for the conference. Teams 11 and 12 will wait until Notre Dame can be sorted out. If ND wants to park its non-FB sports in the conference, then a FB only partner might be needed or do they stay at 10 in FB and add another non-FB school such as Marquette to be 12 in other sports?

I think there are so many questions about 11 and 12, they will wait but snapping up West Virginia and shoving that down MU's throats seems like the immediate move. With WVU in, I would be tempted to make another run at Pitt to bring in with Louisville.

There's no reason to run at Pitt now.  We get Pittsburgh without Pitt by adding WVU.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16920 on: October 25, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »
bringing pitt would be awesome. pitt/wvu is a great rivalry.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16921 on: October 25, 2011, 04:23:41 PM »
Missouri State is a legitimate option.
Televisions in MO wouldn't be lost to the SEC either.

Another option would be to bring Wichita State in, and require they rebuild their football program.
[/quote]

This guy shows some real high IQ right there.  We could lock down the greater Wichita metro area and add at least 200 new TV sets to the big 12!  great idea  :ksu:

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16922 on: October 25, 2011, 04:29:24 PM »
I don't want any members that are not going to play football or bring their football team to the conference.
Football is the money maker!
Dax fan club member!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: October 25, 2011, 04:36:35 PM »
bringing pitt would be awesome. pitt/wvu is a great rivalry.

Yes. Pitt should be our top choice, if at all possible.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: October 25, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
Enough with the redneck schools.  Let's get BYU as a full member and then Louisville.