Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4194382 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #7925 on: August 14, 2011, 04:36:33 PM »
Mr SEC thinks it’s likely that the SEC will reject A&M. “we simply do not believe that the SEC will OK a 13-school existence (without knowing that a 14th school will closely follow). The trick to voting A&M down, of course, would be doing so gently enough so that the Aggies would want to come back in the future when the college football landscape shifts in a major way or when the SEC can take its time to find a 14th school that truly fits.”

http://www.mrsec.com/2011/08/the-sec-and-texas-am-are-up-against-the-clock/

i think this.

I'll hope that is the case, and I'll also hope that our teams agree to some very serious exist clauses between now and the "next time" this crap comes up.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: August 14, 2011, 04:36:49 PM »
Texags is unbelievably entertaining right now.

My favorite thread is probably "YOU CANNOT BELIEVE ANYTHING REPORTED BY ESPN".

:lol:

catzacker

« Reply #7927 on: August 14, 2011, 04:44:25 PM »

@PeteThamelNYT
Pete Thamel A high ranking SEC official called today's statement a way to "tap the brakes" so the Texas A&M can "get its house in order."

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: August 14, 2011, 04:45:41 PM »
superconferences may happen one day, but no conference seems to be as hell bent on making it happen as many suggest they are.  big 10 is really rough ridin' picky about members.  pac 10 stopped at 12 and hasn't done crap since.  sec perpetually happy with status quo.  acc, big east not doing crap.  texas happy working over big 12.  where is the evidence that everything is about to blow up?

And what makes a few 16 team mega conferences better than a number of smaller conferences...?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: August 14, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
pretty good read:

http://outkickthecoverage.com/how-espn-is-complicating-am-to-sec-deal.php

i may be wrong, but isn't the espn deal the one for first tier rights?  the one that is well below current market rate and doesn't expire for 2-3 more years?  if so, then i think the author has his assumptions backwards.  a&m leaving & voiding the contract would trigger immediate negotiations, and cost espn (or fox, whatever) 2-3 times as much over the course of those 2-3 years.

couple that with possibly triggering renegotiations with the sec, and it could cost espn 100k million+ for a&m to leave now.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #7930 on: August 14, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »
i think the guy is saying that in order for the SEC commish to tell is members "hey, if we add A&M, I'm told we'll all increase our revenue by 'x' amount" he (the sec commish) would have to get that number from someone....ESPN...and if ESPN provided that data, they could (like legally or something) be seen as not acting in good faith towards the Big 12 (which it has a contract with).  Also, Fox could get pissed and somehow sue ESPN/SEC over tampering/interference because Fox's new deal/product would be destroyed/harmed.  that's the way I took it anyway.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: August 14, 2011, 05:00:36 PM »
pretty good read:

i may be wrong, but isn't the espn deal the one for first tier rights?  the one that is well below current market rate and doesn't expire for 2-3 more years?  if so, then i think the author has his assumptions backwards.  a&m leaving & voiding the contract would trigger immediate negotiations, and cost espn (or fox, whatever) 2-3 times as much over the course of those 2-3 years.

couple that with possibly triggering renegotiations with the sec, and it could cost espn 100k million+ for a&m to leave now.

I agree with Sys.   The writer was in the right track, but Sys has it correctly stated.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: August 14, 2011, 05:01:07 PM »
pretty good read:

Yeah, the 9 schools left would love to have that contract broken. Whatever deal is worked out with A&M to the SEC would pale in comparison to the bank being brought home by first tier rights to feature either OU or Texas every week.

And you can bet your ass the price will be high because FSN would see the potential to create a truly national network with the 9 remaining schools as the content centerpiece. It's not unfathomable that each remaining team could end up with $25 million per year in TV rights.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: August 14, 2011, 05:02:05 PM »
pretty good read:

100 billion  :horrorsurprise:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: August 14, 2011, 05:03:36 PM »
Texags is unbelievably entertaining right now.

My favorite thread is probably "YOU CANNOT BELIEVE ANYTHING REPORTED BY ESPN".

I love how A&M is so pissed that ESPN is trying to screw them in the best interest of ESPN, but they have no problem screwing the BigXII for the sake of their own best interest.  They believe they are a big-boy in college athletics.  Well, this is part of being a big-boy, and if you have to take on ESPN over it, take them on and stop playing the victim.  Of course, their insecurity and tendency to play the victim is what got them in this mess to begin with.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7935 on: August 14, 2011, 05:08:11 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #7936 on: August 14, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »
Dougie!

GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
Yes, I will own it,A&M guys are stunned-vote was formality RT @rooster034: @GottliebShow will you be posting an article explaining this?
10 minutes ago »

UF,UGA and USC formed an alliance, while other schools threatened litigation as well (Tech), TAMU sources stunned by not getting an invite
15 minutes ago

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: August 14, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
100 billion  :horrorsurprise:

heh.  oops.

the past couple of days have been this for me  :users:  :horrorsurprise:  :runaway:  :bwpopcorn:  :ohno:  :eek:  :lol:  :ck:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: August 14, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »
That's even funnier than the Big-10 MU snub.

catzacker

« Reply #7939 on: August 14, 2011, 05:16:33 PM »
UGA blocks GT,UF blocks FSU,USC blocks Clemson-Mizzou wants B10 if they leave B12
13 minutes ago

jfc, Mizzou.  this would be like going to the same same undercover prostitute looking for a handjob and then after being busted being like "she was wearing a different skirt".

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: August 14, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
Well, as is their day wasn't bad enough, we go and launch the kstateho network and rub aggie's face in it.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: August 14, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »
MU's like some lovesick high school kid with crush on a cheerleader out of his league. Tigers, big-10 just not that into you.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: August 14, 2011, 05:24:28 PM »
Well, as is their day wasn't bad enough, we go and launch the kstateho network and rub aggie's face in it.

Landon Lectures  :love:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: August 14, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »
UGA blocks GT,UF blocks FSU,USC blocks Clemson-Mizzou wants B10 if they leave B12
13 minutes ago

jfc, Mizzou.  this would be like going to the same same undercover prostitute looking for a handjob and then after being busted being like "she was wearing a different skirt".

Like that dude in the USC hat that's been caught on To Catch A Predator multiple times.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: August 14, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »
13 minutes ago

I wanna party with you.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: August 14, 2011, 05:29:23 PM »
Beebe is going to make what he did to SMU look like childs play before this thing is all said and done.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: August 14, 2011, 05:33:41 PM »
Beebe is going to make what he did to SMU look like childs play before this thing is all said and done.

If Beebe holds the ship together, I can not wait for his clips in the 40-for40 that ESPN does on this in 10 years. 

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: August 14, 2011, 05:34:42 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: August 14, 2011, 05:37:02 PM »
What a loser school.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: August 14, 2011, 05:39:21 PM »

I hope I can watch band concerts on this too, and hear about the latest developments in the College of Agriculture. I see no negatives whatsoever about this!  :powerespect:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12