Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3981061 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #32725 on: September 17, 2021, 03:33:46 PM »
I want to steal the fast growing mountain region from the PAC.

And accept nubb back into the fold. It’s pretty isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why’s Nevada in this?

Though I think I this scenario I’d be ok with UNR as a possibility if we could boot Baylor to the Sun Belt

UNR is the wrong school there, UNLV would be the more attractive addition in Nevada

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32726 on: September 17, 2021, 09:47:14 PM »

Why’s Nevada in this?

Though I think I this scenario I’d be ok with UNR as a possibility if we could boot Baylor to the Sun Belt

UNR is the wrong school there, UNLV would be the more attractive addition in Nevada

The right answer is to skip over Nevada and pick up SDSU.  They are better in both football and basketball, and would be even better with a P5 affiliation.  Also opens up SoCal recruiting ground, not to mention a great roadie in November

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32727 on: September 17, 2021, 09:48:50 PM »

Why’s Nevada in this?

The right answer is to skip over Nevada and pick up SDSU.  They are better in both football and basketball, and would be even better with a P5 affiliation.  Also opens up SoCal recruiting ground, not to mention a great roadie in November

That's hot.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32728 on: September 19, 2021, 01:37:34 PM »
SDSU seems like they would be a good add.  I would’ve taken them over Houston and UCF. 

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #32729 on: September 21, 2021, 02:10:46 PM »
NuB12 not looking too bad early in the season.

https://twitter.com/jjfuller72/status/1440193977571893263

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32730 on: September 21, 2021, 02:50:16 PM »
That's a fun stat.

Also, without looking at the numbers (and wondering how Wes Miller will do at Cincy), I feel like the nu nu B12 will be a really damn good bball league, minus UCF.

(hilarious for me to say with how much crap K-State has sucked the last few years)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32731 on: September 21, 2021, 10:52:55 PM »
That's a fun stat.

Also, without looking at the numbers (and wondering how Wes Miller will do at Cincy), I feel like the nu nu B12 will be a really damn good bball league, minus UCF.

(hilarious for me to say with how much crap K-State has sucked the last few years)

It's been talked about I think in another thread but yes, it should make the basketball be even better. Texas hasn't done really anything or the better part of a decade, and now that Lonnie is gone at OU, like, I'm kinda not joking, does either school even care about basketball anymore?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32732 on: September 21, 2021, 11:43:01 PM »
That's a fun stat.

It's been talked about I think in another thread but yes, it should make the basketball be even better. Texas hasn't done really anything or the better part of a decade, and now that Lonnie is gone at OU, like, I'm kinda not joking, does either school even care about basketball anymore?

Texas has the best college basketball coach in America.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32733 on: September 22, 2021, 06:34:09 AM »
That's a fun stat.

Texas has the best college basketball coach in America.

I'm not entirely certain I'd go that far, but he's certainly better than his replacement at Tech, and lightyears ahead of the dweeb that we've got.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32735 on: September 22, 2021, 09:06:58 PM »
SDSU seems like they would be a good add.  I would’ve taken them over Houston and UCF.

Yeah, SDSU and San Jose St would be my picks of the Cali schools if SJSU was actually good at anything, say like Fresno, which is unfortunately in the shithole of Fresno (gawk).

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32736 on: September 23, 2021, 10:57:44 AM »
CFP put on hold.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-playoff-expansion-vote-will-not-be-held-next-week-as-resistance-to-process-grows/

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32737 on: September 23, 2021, 11:49:17 AM »
CFP put on hold.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-playoff-expansion-vote-will-not-be-held-next-week-as-resistance-to-process-grows/

I presume this is good news as it buys time to keep SEC from a scheme to get an unjustified number of their conference members in the CFP.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32738 on: September 23, 2021, 12:49:12 PM »
And it kinda fucks the value proposition for OU and Texas trying to move early. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32739 on: September 23, 2021, 01:04:18 PM »

Yeah, SDSU and San Jose St would be my picks of the Cali schools if SJSU was actually good at anything, say like Fresno, which is unfortunately in the shithole of Fresno (gawk).
SJSU won the Mountain West, but they only have half a stadium

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32740 on: September 23, 2021, 01:20:45 PM »
I would really love to see the Big 10 be like, "you know what? We're good. We have plenty of money. And some things are more important than money." Because eff ESPN and their master plan.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32741 on: September 23, 2021, 01:29:53 PM »
I would really love to see the Big 10 be like, "you know what? We're good. We have plenty of money. And some things are more important than money." Because eff ESPN and their master plan.

I think that is kinda what the Big 10/ACC/PAC 12 "alliance" is doing.  Huge FU to SEC if playoff stays at 4 teams...and even more so the two teams from Big 12 that decided to leave for greener pastures. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32742 on: September 23, 2021, 01:37:28 PM »

I think that is kinda what the Big 10/ACC/PAC 12 "alliance" is doing.  Huge FU to SEC if playoff stays at 4 teams...and even more so the two teams from Big 12 that decided to leave for greener pastures.
This all pleases me greatly
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32743 on: September 23, 2021, 02:11:28 PM »

This all pleases me greatly

Same.  I hope the "alliance" takes another decade or two to really think this over, and meanwhile we stay at a 4 team playoff.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32744 on: September 23, 2021, 02:55:55 PM »
4 team playoff basically relegates OU and UT to never making the playoffs again or maybe 2/10 years
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32745 on: September 23, 2021, 07:56:13 PM »
4 team playoff basically relegates OU and UT to never making the playoffs again or maybe 2/10 years

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32746 on: September 23, 2021, 08:12:05 PM »
I think the main reason they are delaying it is due to ESPN has the contract to '25-26' and will wait so others can bid on the larger CFP. MO money, MO money!  :kstategrad:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32747 on: September 23, 2021, 10:16:48 PM »
Is this bizarro world? A four team playoff completely bones K-State and any legitimacy the Big 12 would ever have because it would be incredibly difficult for a Big 12 school to get in.

I hope like hell we get a 12 team or even 16 team playoff and they only delay it just to take the thing to the open market.

I assure you the SEC won't be bothered by how big the playoff is, they'll always get their bite of the apple first. We just hope there's enough of that apple left over for everyone else to get some of it too.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32748 on: September 23, 2021, 10:24:32 PM »
it'd be a lot harder for sec to get 8 schools in a 16 team playoff than 2 schools in 4.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32749 on: September 23, 2021, 10:40:51 PM »
I’m hoping the alliance forces a max number of schools per conference.  Get that along with the 5-6 auto bids they were already talking about and we’re good to go.