Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980537 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #32125 on: August 24, 2021, 06:10:06 PM »
My perfect pie in the sky situ is cats to pac and ku to big so this is really itching my scratch you guys. I want to believe so bad. No way it’s true though.

That's a lot of moving pieces and COLUSION to completely keep quiet on. Also the ACC just gonna sit on 15 football teams?

I mean the whole thing is ridiculous and I give it less than a 2% chance of happening but it’s exactly what I want so…

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32126 on: August 24, 2021, 06:18:07 PM »
My perfect pie in the sky situ is cats to pac and ku to big so this is really itching my scratch you guys. I want to believe so bad. No way it’s true though.

That's a lot of moving pieces and COLUSION to completely keep quiet on. Also the ACC just gonna sit on 15 football teams?

I mean the whole thing is ridiculous and I give it less than a 2% chance of happening but it’s exactly what I want so…

I wouldn't love leaving ku and flood aggie but it really is a great scenario if it were true.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32127 on: August 24, 2021, 06:25:16 PM »
It really does make a lot of sense for location and competition, for all 3 conferences. Does it make sense money-wise?

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32128 on: August 24, 2021, 06:26:10 PM »
There was talk of 5 x 16 super leagues.  Maybe the powers that be looked around and that's now 4 x 16 and the AccBigPac decided better now than later?  These guys are getting my hopes up just to crush me aren't they?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 06:30:16 PM by KST8FAN »

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32129 on: August 24, 2021, 06:31:17 PM »
There was talk of 5 x 16 super leagues.  Maybe the powers that be looked around and that's now 4 x 16 and the AccBigPac decided better now than later?  These guys are getting my hopes just to crush me aren't they?

Tom

YES. EXACTLY THIS!

The hope crushing part not the list of team.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32130 on: August 24, 2021, 06:36:09 PM »
I agree with rd.  It's exactly what I want to hear and therefore it seems to be 100% accurate and feasible.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32131 on: August 24, 2021, 06:45:43 PM »

I wouldn't love leaving ku and flood aggie but it really is a great scenario if it were true.

I wouldn’t mind leaving isu and we would/could/should still totally play ku in all sports every year. It would probably be even more fun! Like something to look forward to outside of conference.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32132 on: August 24, 2021, 06:47:41 PM »
It's pretty likely that both big 10 and pak invites the cats, who do we choose?

Personally I can't imagine a more boring football existence than being in the big 10 so I'm pak all day.

What say gE?

I can't think of a worse fate than having to watch Big Ten football (unless possibly B10 basketball . . . )     

:crossfingers: Would be incredible, but agree probably too good to be true                   

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32133 on: August 24, 2021, 06:49:14 PM »

I wouldn’t mind leaving isu and we would/could/should still totally play ku in all sports every year. It would probably be even more fun! Like something to look forward to outside of conference.

Clemson-Carolina do that
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32134 on: August 24, 2021, 07:31:05 PM »
Here's a taste

The Oklahoma State board thinks they are head and shoulders above any of the other seven. You know OSU that has a smaller TV market, not blue blood in football OR basketball, no med school, no AAU status.....

My cousin is going through a divorce from an OSU grad. And his false sense of himself is a big reason for their split.

I just think it is funny they think they are superior to the other seven.

I have been told several times by many solid sources that the likelihood of PAC expanding is very very slim.

That is probably why KSU is really wanting to add schools to the Big XII and get the other seven to commit. They know they aren't going any where.

Oh, and there are plans to completely redo the stadium now in the works... bowl game within 5 years.

Guys, I'm not joking.

LOL, there's been plans for over twenty years now.  :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #32135 on: August 24, 2021, 08:37:32 PM »
There was talk of 5 x 16 super leagues.  Maybe the powers that be looked around and that's now 4 x 16 and the AccBigPac decided better now than later?  These guys are getting my hopes just to crush me aren't they?

Tom

YES. EXACTLY THIS!

The hope crushing part not the list of team.
It seems so far fetched for things to end up so buttoned up, but I do feel like this makes a lot of sense. Also explains why you would leave the Big 12 out of a strategic alliance when (seemingly) the whole point is to ward off southern aggression.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32136 on: August 24, 2021, 08:40:38 PM »
It really does make a lot of sense for location and competition, for all 3 conferences. Does it make sense money-wise?
I feel like Big 10 is the only one that would probably have serious reservations about cutting into members’ share. Pac 12 and ACC both aren’t super profitable so I think they’d benefit from making some waves here.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32137 on: August 24, 2021, 09:25:17 PM »
I will take this with several grains of salt but Dave Wannstedt said he heard this at the Fox meetings.  Starts at about the 3:40 mark.

https://www.stitcher.com/show/the-mully-hanley-show-on-670-the-score/episode/mully-dave-wannstedt-mike-florio-interviews-hour-4-86311008

What do they say?
KSU and OSU to Pac.

This seems to good to be true.   :ohno:

Stanford game now like an inaugural Pac 16 game :surprised:  :gocho:  :crossfingers:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32138 on: August 24, 2021, 10:01:30 PM »
Let’s say the ideal situation posted above did come true.  A big 10/PAC/ACC alliance would be detrimental to the SEC brand.  If the 3 conferences refused to schedule SEC in all sports (of course unavoidable in playoff scenarios) it would over time weaken SEC.  At the same time it would revive the PAC brand and the other two would also benefit.  Strength of schedules would diminish in SEC because they would be forced to play G5 and recruiting would become more difficult now that they are regionalized.

Even in Men’s bball they could do a early season blue blood tournament with teams like Duke, UNC, KU, UCLA, Indiana, and Michigan State.  Obviously Kentucky being left out of something like this would sting SEC brand.

I predict SEC is going to attempt a huge flex to prevent this, but don’t think it will be successful.  I think SEC got too greedy and now the other towns are revolting.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32139 on: August 24, 2021, 10:03:25 PM »
PAC-Cats is huge boner material.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32140 on: August 24, 2021, 10:08:22 PM »

This is the way it has to be.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32141 on: August 25, 2021, 06:53:22 AM »
Let’s say the ideal situation posted above did come true.  A big 10/PAC/ACC alliance would be detrimental to the SEC brand.  If the 3 conferences refused to schedule SEC in all sports (of course unavoidable in playoff scenarios) it would over time weaken SEC.  At the same time it would revive the PAC brand and the other two would also benefit.  Strength of schedules would diminish in SEC because they would be forced to play G5 and recruiting would become more difficult now that they are regionalized.

Even in Men’s bball they could do a early season blue blood tournament with teams like Duke, UNC, KU, UCLA, Indiana, and Michigan State.  Obviously Kentucky being left out of something like this would sting SEC brand.

I predict SEC is going to attempt a huge flex to prevent this, but don’t think it will be successful.  I think SEC got too greedy and now the other towns are revolting.

The fact that it took this long for the others to realize the E$ECPN only had their own interests in mind and was going to continue to promote only the schools in the south east part of the US to the detriment of everyone else is what's so infuriating to me.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32142 on: August 25, 2021, 09:42:09 AM »

The fact that it took this long for the others to realize the E$ECPN only had their own interests in mind and was going to continue to promote only the schools in the south east part of the US to the detriment of everyone else is what's so infuriating to me.

And you think this is different for the other conferences and their geographical footprint? This agreement isn't on paper to avoid accountability when crap goes sideways. These schools and conferences had disparate interests since they existed, that didn't change with a zoom meeting yesterday. Hell, it was earlier this month when multiple sources reported the Big 10 discussed the feasibility of adding USC.

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32143 on: August 25, 2021, 12:20:56 PM »
Take it for what its worth...

But the Sports Animal in Oklahoma just said that the it had "sources" this morning confirming what Wannstedt said - and that an announcement is imminent that Oklahoma State and Kansas State will be joining the Pac-12.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32144 on: August 25, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »
lmao

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32145 on: August 25, 2021, 12:23:37 PM »

But the Sports Animal in Oklahoma just said that the it had "sources" this morning confirming what Wannstedt said - and that an announcement is imminent that Oklahoma State and Kansas State will be joining the Pac-12.

Speaking from experience, be prepared to be blue balled into oblivion waiting for the imminent announcement ...

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32146 on: August 25, 2021, 12:26:06 PM »

Speaking from experience, be prepared to be blue balled into oblivion waiting for the imminent announcement ...

Ha I'm just reporting what I heard, regardless of how accurate it is... :dunno:

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32147 on: August 25, 2021, 12:30:48 PM »

PAC is on record as saying they will announce their expansion intentions this week so we should be able to start debating which AAC teams are the best fit sooner rather than later.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32148 on: August 25, 2021, 12:38:10 PM »
Yes, great fit with the PAC. Makes a lot of sense here guys.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32149 on: August 25, 2021, 12:46:28 PM »
Pac 12 wants into Texas and saw the 2016 tshirts we made so we got in
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best