Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4068478 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #31375 on: July 27, 2021, 10:05:28 PM »
KU would make a lot more sense for the Big 10 than Rutgers. Rutgers didn't make any sense at all, though.

It made perfect sense and it worked out perfectly for them. They wanted to get cable tv subscribers for their network in NY/NY and that's exactly what they got. Nebraska already gave them KC. KU can deliver cable subs in Wichita.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31376 on: July 27, 2021, 10:21:04 PM »
 :lol:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31377 on: July 27, 2021, 10:21:58 PM »
KU would make a lot more sense for the Big 10 than Rutgers. Rutgers didn't make any sense at all, though.

It made perfect sense and it worked out perfectly for them. They wanted to get cable tv subscribers for their network in NY/NY and that's exactly what they got. Nebraska already gave them KC. KU can deliver cable subs in Wichita.

Honest question, do the dinosaur cable TV providers in KC carry the BTN? I've always said, KC is a 'skers town. Also, KU can deliver cable subs straight into the dome of nicname and co.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31378 on: July 27, 2021, 10:23:09 PM »
It wasn't just number subs but about getting a higher fee for those subs with an in state school.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31379 on: July 27, 2021, 11:44:25 PM »
Everyone knows the Big 10 picked up Rutgers to improve the experience of their student athletes.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #31380 on: July 28, 2021, 02:48:30 AM »
If I'm a KU fan I'm probably rooting for the dissolution of the Big XII and not getting picked up by a P5. Join whatever G5 conference and continue to absolutely dominate basketball and not really have to give an eff about football ever again. I mean, you have the Chiefs now. No need to worry yourself with college football anymore. I'm really quite envious to be honest.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31381 on: July 28, 2021, 07:04:52 AM »

Exactly. It was a very low risk, high reward for the big 10 to add Rutgers.

Quote from: waks
If I'm a KU fan I'm probably rooting for the dissolution of the Big XII and not getting picked up by a P5. Join whatever G5 conference and continue to absolutely dominate basketball and not really have to give an eff about football ever again. I mean, you have the Chiefs now. No need to worry yourself with college football anymore. I'm really quite envious to be honest.

There are some KU boards actually promoting this. It's crazy, and would be a major hit financially to the school, but still they persist.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31382 on: July 28, 2021, 07:08:27 AM »
Our best days were ones in which we were criticized for playing a weak schedule and complaining about not getting enough respect.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31383 on: July 28, 2021, 07:26:28 AM »
I think I am annoyed and restless about having to wait and see how this all plays out, but when I think about how people in the athletic departments of the forgotten 8 feel I feel a little guilty.  Like, I haven't watched an entire football game in a LONG time, and have only watched one basketball game in 6 years.  My life isn't going to change a whole lot. There are hundreds (thousands?) of people out there wondering if they'll even have a job, let alone whether the school (employer) whose golf shirt they wear will be in a cool conference or not.

I suppose the faster we move to the global model where sports have nothing to do with University level education, the better.  All this realignment stuff hastens that change.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31384 on: July 28, 2021, 07:35:28 AM »
i feel bad that we finally got the stadium we all wanted and hoped for, and now may never get to see it on a big prime stage

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31385 on: July 28, 2021, 07:39:05 AM »
i feel bad that we finally got the stadium we all wanted and hoped for, and now may never get to see it on a big prime stage

Yeah, that is sad as well.  And baseball...not sure it will even make sense to have a baseball team if we have to cut revenue by $20M or whatever and the NCAA stops dictating X number of sports per school.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31386 on: July 28, 2021, 08:22:44 AM »
baseball is cheap AF though. and it's a good college sport. football and basketball aren't good college sports. they are good pro sports. volleyball and baseball are where it's at imo.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #31387 on: July 28, 2021, 08:42:36 AM »

It will look great on FS1 when Memphis comes to town to play some thursday night football.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31388 on: July 28, 2021, 08:51:21 AM »
If we don't have a good team, our newly upgraded stadium will be mostly empty on game days.

At least the facilities should work to our advantage in recruiting against our G5 peers.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31389 on: July 28, 2021, 08:53:09 AM »
Let me introduce some of you guys to a good depression Doctor. Sounds like some of you might need it moving forward. Highly recommend.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31390 on: July 28, 2021, 08:57:40 AM »
What's great, is most of you are working through the pouty little bitch phase of all of this. The earlier the better. #progress

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31391 on: July 28, 2021, 08:59:58 AM »
baseball is cheap AF though. and it's a good college sport. football and basketball aren't good college sports. they are good pro sports. volleyball and baseball are where it's at imo.

Let’s double down on that crap and win a natty
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31392 on: July 28, 2021, 09:03:15 AM »
I love it when fans of a good G5 team hold up a WE WANT BAMA sign. Now, we'll be able to do that!

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31393 on: July 28, 2021, 09:06:14 AM »

It will look great on FS1 when Memphis comes to town to play some thursday night football.

In the event the leftovers really do get sent to G5 status, OSU and K-State will, without a doubt, have the best G5 stadiums in the country.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31394 on: July 28, 2021, 09:31:45 AM »

If we stay & add 4, we need to push ESPN hard for the Thursday night game every week.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #31395 on: July 28, 2021, 10:04:40 AM »

Yeah, that is sad as well.  And baseball...not sure it will even make sense to have a baseball team if we have to cut revenue by $20M or whatever and the NCAA stops dictating X number of sports per school.
With the way enrollment is headed we will need low-revenue sports to keep enrollment up. Baseball is good for that. Similar to why MCC has a baseball team.

Offline CantHaveNiceThingsKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31396 on: July 28, 2021, 10:13:20 AM »

My thoughts exactly. And people need to STFU about them supposedly bringing in the NY market. No one in NY, especially NYC gives a crap about college sports and if they do, it’s usually Notre Dame or Syracuse.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31397 on: July 28, 2021, 10:17:40 AM »
KU should be doing everything they can to join the big east.  the jayhawks are essentially a creighton clone and creighton was able to get in.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31398 on: July 28, 2021, 10:18:23 AM »

My thoughts exactly. And people need to STFU about them supposedly bringing in the NY market. No one in NY, especially NYC gives a crap about college sports and if they do, it’s usually Notre Dame or Syracuse.
People need to STFU for explaining the thought process for why the Big 10 took Rutgers last go around? Ok!

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31399 on: July 28, 2021, 10:31:15 AM »
I still think the SEC is trolling and when they put it up to a vote everyone is going to vote no and laugh cause they're all in on the joke and OU and Texas will be left with their dicks hanging out in the wind. Then all the SEC schools will start chanting "SEC rules!" and fist pumping their way into the local bar.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW