Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 2667244 times)

Trim, turnbull, Houstoncat93, pissclams (+ 1 Hidden) and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30775 on: July 21, 2021, 10:28:48 PM »
Houston will be one if they try and keep it together.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30776 on: July 21, 2021, 10:36:11 PM »
it's a new day, I'm lighting a "J" and enjoying a DJamer rather than a band

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30777 on: July 21, 2021, 10:41:45 PM »
Guys how effed are we!? My guess is not very effed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30778 on: July 21, 2021, 10:44:56 PM »
Houston will be one if they try and keep it together.
I am calling Houston, the CO schools, Vandy, SC, Nubb and Mizzou. Thats my call. Maybe even find a way to help pay for WSU to get a football program up and running. College football needs the Big 12.
"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30779 on: July 21, 2021, 10:46:08 PM »
Not even a month after Gene dished out this career advice.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30780 on: July 21, 2021, 10:49:26 PM »
this is pretty wild

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30781 on: July 21, 2021, 10:50:30 PM »
this is pretty wild

Bob was so asleep at the wheel, that he didn’t even notice his kids trying to jump out of the car.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30782 on: July 21, 2021, 10:57:24 PM »
if the speculation is true about ou and texas, you can bet your sweet ass that gene has secured us as a package deal with them to the sec.  and both ou and ut know it would be suicidal to try a go in the sec without k-state at their side joining with them

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gucci Mane Book Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #30783 on: July 21, 2021, 11:04:19 PM »
Bowlsby, Gene, do we even have a president right now? We are incredibly mumped.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30784 on: July 21, 2021, 11:06:04 PM »
Bowlsby, Gene, do we even have a president right now? We are incredibly mumped.
Carl Ice is chair of the committee searching for pres. He has to have someone right?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30785 on: July 21, 2021, 11:10:52 PM »

Who say’s no?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30786 on: July 21, 2021, 11:19:48 PM »
i'm at a much different place in my life this time around. Whatever happens, happens.
:thumbsup:

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30787 on: July 21, 2021, 11:19:51 PM »

Who say’s no?

That TV contract spread across 16 teams? We’d be so broke.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30788 on: July 21, 2021, 11:21:16 PM »

Who say’s no?

That TV contract spread across 16 teams? We’re going to be so broke.
Oof, yeah just saw the numbers. We are boned guys, no one else i’d rather be boned with then all of my fellow bloggers at goEMAW.com tho.

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30789 on: July 21, 2021, 11:21:30 PM »
i'm at a much different place in my life this time around. Whatever happens, happens.
:thumbsup:
Either way I’m eating brats in the parking lot at halftime, so I’m happy.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30790 on: July 21, 2021, 11:25:20 PM »
with streaming I'm pretty sure I'll be able to see my Cats easily no matter what. wasn't the case 10 years ago

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30791 on: July 21, 2021, 11:25:49 PM »

Who say’s no?

Get all the way the eff outta here with Tulane and Colorado State

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30792 on: July 21, 2021, 11:26:13 PM »

Who say’s no?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Distinguished Scholar/Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #30793 on: July 21, 2021, 11:31:03 PM »
I for one welcome Ft. Collins into the fold. However, seems my teams will be in the SEC and big 10, which will be weird.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30794 on: July 21, 2021, 11:43:32 PM »
I for one welcome Ft. Collins into the fold. However, seems my teams will be in the SEC and big 10, which will be weird.

You're stuck with us. We're a package deal. KU, at least.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30795 on: July 22, 2021, 12:02:30 AM »
The biggest problem with this for Texas and Oklahoma still exists as it has the entire time and that's money.

1. There has not been a school that has switched conferences who have received a full share right from the start, not even Nebraska and Maryland who were actually sought after by the Big 10.
2. Let's say the SEC not only votes to take them, no idea why they would, but whatever, and they give these dudes a full share. The conference and ESPN and FOX would have to, in the midst of the pandemic, tear up a contract that doesn't even start until 2024 and give the conference a minimum of $45 million that only goes to OU and Texas. Bear in mind that this is the same year that one or both of these networks will also, presumably, be paying much more money for a 12 team playoff.
3. Okay so let's assume ESPN and FOX found enough money to make everyone, all 16 SEC teams whole and happy. OU and UT don't get their media rights until July 1, 2025. That means if they left before that day, all of their media money stays with the Big 12, for UT that's 20% of their budget, about 30% for OU.

Here's one more dollar figure for you. UT currently has the highest athletic budget in the country and not by a little either, their budget is $11 million more than the second highest school. OU is 8th, why would they risk that to go play in a tougher conference? Why would the SEC try to feed two more mouths, two gigantic super huge big mouths at that?

I don't really give a crap if they leave, but none of this makes sense.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Katpak'r
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #30796 on: July 22, 2021, 12:04:15 AM »
Does this blog die with the Big XII? Was Beems right all along? Stay tuned for answers to these questions and more...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30797 on: July 22, 2021, 12:05:39 AM »

Who say’s no?

If any conference went into the mountain time zone and grabbed Colorado State instead of Boise State, they deserve all of the bad things coming to them.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30798 on: July 22, 2021, 12:06:16 AM »
The biggest problem with this for Texas and Oklahoma still exists as it has the entire time and that's money.

1. There has not been a school that has switched conferences who have received a full share right from the start, not even Nebraska and Maryland who were actually sought after by the Big 10.
2. Let's say the SEC not only votes to take them, no idea why they would, but whatever, and they give these dudes a full share. The conference and ESPN and FOX would have to, in the midst of the pandemic, tear up a contract that doesn't even start until 2024 and give the conference a minimum of $45 million that only goes to OU and Texas. Bear in mind that this is the same year that one or both of these networks will also, presumably, be paying much more money for a 12 team playoff.
3. Okay so let's assume ESPN and FOX found enough money to make everyone, all 16 SEC teams whole and happy. OU and UT don't get their media rights until July 1, 2025. That means if they left before that day, all of their media money stays with the Big 12, for UT that's 20% of their budget, about 30% for OU.

Here's one more dollar figure for you. UT currently has the highest athletic budget in the country and not by a little either, their budget is $11 million more than the second highest school. OU is 8th, why would they risk that to go play in a tougher conference? Why would the SEC try to feed two more mouths, two gigantic super huge big mouths at that?

They can afford to take the hit. For a few years

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30799 on: July 22, 2021, 12:34:57 AM »

2. Let's say the SEC not only votes to take them, no idea why they would, but whatever, and they give these dudes a full share. The conference and ESPN and FOX would have to, in the midst of the pandemic, tear up a contract that doesn't even start until 2024 and give the conference a minimum of $90 million that only goes to OU and Texas. Bear in mind that this is the same year that one or both of these networks will also, presumably, be paying much more money for a 12 team playoff.

They can afford to take the hit. For a few years

You think that any business or university is just going to give away $90 million over two years? You actually don't think that's a thing that would happen, at all.