Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980677 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30600 on: August 15, 2020, 03:40:58 PM »
North: Colorado, Colorado St., K-State, KU, NU, Mizzou, and Iowa State

South: OU, OSU, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M (or Arkansas), TCU, and Baylor

No CSU and TCU if it has to be 12*

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30601 on: August 15, 2020, 03:51:47 PM »
North:

Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska

South:

Baylor
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30602 on: August 15, 2020, 04:18:57 PM »
North:
Ohio State
Michigan
Kansas State
Kansas
Colorado
Stanford

South:
Texas
Alabama
Florida
Kentucky
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30603 on: August 15, 2020, 05:16:08 PM »
North:
Ohio State
Michigan
Kansas State
Kansas
Colorado
Stanford

South:
Texas
Alabama
Florida
Kentucky
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #30604 on: August 15, 2020, 05:48:02 PM »
Might as well dream big, SD.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30605 on: August 15, 2020, 06:36:37 PM »
North: Colorado, Colorado St., K-State, KU, NU, Mizzou, and Iowa State

South: OU, OSU, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M (or Arkansas), TCU, and Baylor

No CSU and TCU if it has to be 12*

Cheeks

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30606 on: August 15, 2020, 06:41:01 PM »
Anyone putting aTm can GTFO
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30607 on: September 17, 2020, 05:53:51 PM »
Bounce:  With the PAC's decision to not play FB this year, may open the conference up for ripe picking.  Their network/TV contract is due for renewal in
'23 so team hunting should start in a couple of years.  Any thoughts of who we should invite.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30608 on: September 17, 2020, 07:29:20 PM »
Bounce:  With the PAC's decision to not play FB this year, may open the conference up for ripe picking.  Their network/TV contract is due for renewal in
'23 so team hunting should start in a couple of years.  Any thoughts of who we should invite.

Throw your hunter’s orange on fellas. It’s about time to go out looking for some big game.

I got tags for Wildcats, Buffaloes and possibly Rams. Utes and Mormons lurk over the ridge, ripe for capture and likely easy to coerce into the fold. Wild pigs to the southeast also look mighty tasty.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30609 on: September 17, 2020, 07:30:30 PM »
North:
Ohio State
Michigan
Kansas State
Kansas
Colorado
Stanford

South:
Texas
Alabama
Florida
Kentucky
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

I see no reason the league office and every conference title game wouldn’t be in KC.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30610 on: September 17, 2020, 09:49:24 PM »
Anyone who has a list that keeps Baylor in the BigXII goes straight to jail and does not collect $200.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30611 on: September 17, 2020, 11:17:25 PM »

Throw your hunter’s orange on fellas. It’s about time to go out looking for some big game.

I got tags for Wildcats, Buffaloes and possibly Rams. Utes and Mormons lurk over the ridge, ripe for capture and likely easy to coerce into the fold. Wild pigs to the southeast also look mighty tasty.

Pass

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30612 on: September 17, 2020, 11:27:02 PM »
I think that if the two Arizona schools would be a nice addition.  I don't think we'll lose any schools.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30613 on: September 18, 2020, 12:18:39 AM »
I don't see any rights deal paying us an additional $30 million a year, per school, for any Pac 12 school, so I think we're good.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30614 on: September 18, 2020, 10:35:41 AM »

I enjoyed this post, thank you for contributing to this bbs.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #30615 on: September 18, 2020, 12:43:50 PM »
I don't see any rights deal paying us an additional $30 million a year, per school, for any Pac 12 school, so I think we're good.

My opinion is that MIR is correct.  I'd add that I continue to believe that it is effectively impossible for any P5 team to get kicked out of their conference.  I suppose another conference MIGHT get a $30 bump by adding one of our members and convince our member to leave.   The only two that could ever approach that are UT and OU, and they seem to like being the undisputed lords of their conference.

So, unless there is some new player in the bidding for the next round of conference football TV deals willing to spend substantially more than any known media player, then there is no way this conference is different in the next 10 years. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30616 on: September 18, 2020, 12:52:56 PM »
Arkansas lost the majority of its national football identity when they lost their annual game against Texas.

The Ark-Tx game was once on par with the top rivalry games in the nation.

Arkansas is now utterly irrelevant on the football stage, even in their own conference.

As an aside, nothing beats the comedy of people who believed John Wefald and thought the Big 8 was going to kick K-State out and try to bring in somebody like Arkansas.   If there's one thing NU and OU wanted and that's more competition.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30617 on: September 18, 2020, 03:43:17 PM »
I still think UCF would be great for recruiting, and great for away games.

Imo being a big State or U of should be a prerequisite for B12 poaching w/ exceptions made for national brand privates.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30618 on: September 18, 2020, 07:50:30 PM »

Imo being a big State or U of should be a prerequisite for B12 poaching w/ exceptions made for national brand privates.

Is UCF a private university?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30619 on: September 18, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »
The idea that there are 30 million schools for grabs is stupid.  I don't remember the ACC, BIG Ten, SEC, or PAC 12 bringing in any high value schools.  Also our great network contract may not renegotiate at the same value as our existing contract.  The long and short of it is we may need two more schools to get a competitive contract and if we sit on our ass like we did last time things may not turn out very good for the conference.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30620 on: September 18, 2020, 11:14:18 PM »

Is UCF a private university?

It’s not a national brand. Well, I guess it’s like great value. No good imo

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30621 on: September 18, 2020, 11:25:08 PM »
As long as we keep mushing BYU in their white and delightsome faces, I’m good with whatever. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30622 on: September 19, 2020, 10:48:31 AM »
The idea that there are 30 million schools for grabs is stupid.  I don't remember the ACC, BIG Ten, SEC, or PAC 12 bringing in any high value schools.  Also our great network contract may not renegotiate at the same value as our existing contract.  The long and short of it is we may need two more schools to get a competitive contract and if we sit on our ass like we did last time things may not turn out very good for the conference.

The Big 10, ACC, and SEC all made expansions to enhance either existing or proposed networks. Adding schools added places where those conferences were played, therefore adding places where cable providers would add the networks, giving those conferences more money. The model has changed, there will be no Big 12 Network and that has nothing to do with LHN. The Big 12 Network is the deal we have with ESPN+

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30623 on: September 19, 2020, 05:04:59 PM »

The Big 10, ACC, and SEC all made expansions to enhance either existing or proposed networks. Adding schools added places where those conferences were played, therefore adding places where cable providers would add the networks, giving those conferences more money. The model has changed, there will be no Big 12 Network and that has nothing to do with LHN. The Big 12 Network is the deal we have with ESPN+

I should have made my post a little clearer for those who don't know I'm not talking about a Big XII network.  I'm talking about our contract with ESPN and Fox that will expire around 2025.  I think we are lucky to have kept the original network proposed negotiations when we lost four schools and grabbed WVU and TCU.  I'm saying we may not get what we're getting with ten schools.   

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30624 on: September 19, 2020, 05:27:08 PM »
As an aside, nothing beats the comedy of people who believed John Wefald and thought the Big 8 was going to kick K-State out and try to bring in somebody like Arkansas.   If there's one thing NU and OU wanted and that's more competition.

The truth is in the middle. There was an informal “vote” to kick K-State out that was 6-1 with KU voting keep. The vote wasn’t binding and everyone knew ahead how KU was voting. It was just to send a message. The message had some context that the conference landscapes were changing. If we didn’t invest in football & conference affiliations were to change, there would be very little fight among the others to bring us along. I knew this when I was a kid in the mid-90s.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 05:33:43 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls