Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4065972 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30100 on: October 23, 2017, 09:52:32 AM »
Cal is a fun one to bring up. Broke ass AD in financial trouble. Just show them they can make roughly $12-15 mill more a year being in the Big12 or part of a new combined conference and they'd ask where to sign in 3-5 seconds.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30101 on: October 23, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
Cal is a fun one to bring up. Broke ass AD in financial trouble. Just show them they can make roughly $12-15 mill more a year being in the Big12 or part of a new combined conference and they'd ask where to sign in 3-5 seconds.
Thing is they are not the only school that the the AD is in debt.  The PAC 12 is hurting.  This is why MU, CU, NU, and ATM left the Big XII.  Money is a big issue when it comes to college athletics. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30102 on: October 23, 2017, 10:11:18 AM »
Thing is they are not the only school that the the AD is in debt.  The PAC 12 is hurting.  This is why MU, CU, NU, and ATM left the Big XII.  Money is a big THE issue when it comes to college athletics.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30103 on: October 23, 2017, 10:25:07 AM »
Thing is they are not the only school that the the AD is in debt.  The PAC 12 is hurting.  This is why MU, CU, NU, and ATM left the Big XII.  Money is a big THE issue when it comes to college athletics.
YES! 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30104 on: October 23, 2017, 11:09:11 AM »
I would like to see the breaking point for some of these schools to associate with an academically inferior athletic conference located in the heart of conservative 'Murica.
 :bwpopcorn:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30105 on: October 23, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »
I would like to see the breaking point for some of these schools to associate with an academically inferior athletic conference located in the heart of conservative 'Murica.
 :bwpopcorn:
for Cal and Stanford I think it is death before dishonor of associating with us real Americans. 

It will be the schools at the bottom like WSU and OSU that want the money and maybe at the top like USC, Washington and Oregon in football and UCLA and Arizona in hoops if they feel like PAC is keeping them from competing at the highest level.  It will take a crazy set of circumstances to make it happen like maybe a FBI investigation into major college athletics or something.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30106 on: October 23, 2017, 02:43:57 PM »
I bet you $100 none of those 3 things happen.

DEAL!

Speaking of bets, does anyone know, who attended fatty fest, if trim made good on his bet he lost to me?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30107 on: October 23, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »
I bet you $100 none of those 3 things happen.

DEAL!

Speaking of bets, does anyone know, who attended fatty fest, if trim made good on his bet he lost to me?

:shakes hand:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30108 on: October 24, 2017, 10:15:41 AM »
Didn't California ban official travel to Kansas and Texas? Would be difficult to be in the same conference.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30109 on: October 24, 2017, 10:30:23 AM »
Didn't California ban official travel to Kansas and Texas? Would be difficult to be in the same conference.

Yes, there is a ban but Cal and UCLA have worked around it. UCLA played in the NCAA tournament in Tennessee. They did that because the athletic department funding is separate from the state funded university.

Offline Mike from Ft. Collins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30110 on: October 25, 2017, 01:50:40 PM »
For some reason, BYU fans think Fresno St is joining the Big 12 on Monday.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=18716100

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30111 on: October 25, 2017, 07:16:14 PM »
For some reason, BYU fans think Fresno St is joining the Big 12 on Monday.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=18716100
Big XII Wrestling

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30112 on: October 25, 2017, 07:27:59 PM »
that board design rivals tigerboard for wtf factor
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30113 on: November 03, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30114 on: November 05, 2017, 01:25:51 AM »
They are playing a Pac 12 game between two ranked teams that will end after 11:30 PM locally, 2:30 AM on the east coast. That is completely unacceptable. I couldn't imagine sitting at a football game with my family at nearly midnight, then have to sit in traffic for another hour.

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #30115 on: November 05, 2017, 01:29:11 AM »
but if they weren't playing this game i wouldn't have anything to do with myself at 1:29am on a sunday so go pac 10 do ur thang
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30116 on: November 05, 2017, 06:40:14 AM »
They are playing a Pac 12 game between two ranked teams that will end after 11:30 PM locally, 2:30 AM on the east coast. That is completely unacceptable. I couldn't imagine sitting at a football game with my family at nearly midnight, then have to sit in traffic for another hour.

Isn’t that what the Pac-12 signed up for though? Espn and fox want to grab you at 11am cst and hold your eyes until the latest possible moment. College football Saturday’s have to be the longest consecutive viewing opportunities these networks have and they get it 13 times a year while the other 352 Days a year you’re lucky to get any sort of consecutive viewing. Yeah it sucks more to be at the back end of it than the front end of it but those P12 schools would be playing in those time slots regardless of what conference they’re in or the TV deal they have.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30117 on: November 05, 2017, 10:21:19 AM »

Isn’t that what the Pac-12 signed up for though? Espn and fox want to grab you at 11am cst and hold your eyes until the latest possible moment. College football Saturday’s have to be the longest consecutive viewing opportunities these networks have and they get it 13 times a year while the other 352 Days a year you’re lucky to get any sort of consecutive viewing. Yeah it sucks more to be at the back end of it than the front end of it but those P12 schools would be playing in those time slots regardless of what conference they’re in or the TV deal they have.

It's what the administrators signed up for, it's not what the coaches, players, and fans signed up for. Of course the administrators had to take it because that's what was offered.

Also two things worth noting. FOX isn't giving these 7:30 and 8:00 local time kick offs for the Pac 12, that's specific to ESPN. FOX doesn't do kickoffs after primetime on the east coast. Also they would not be getting these kick times otherwise. This is a new phenomenon with the latest contract. The late kickoff used to be for the WAC conference and the Mountain West would occasionally get one. The Pac 10 used to have a lot of 2 and 5 kickoffs. ESPN is absolutely using the conference for a ratings and marketing boon, good for them, horrible for the players, coaches, and fans.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30118 on: November 06, 2017, 11:43:19 AM »

It's what the administrators signed up for, it's not what the coaches, players, and fans signed up for. Of course the administrators had to take it because that's what was offered.

Also two things worth noting. FOX isn't giving these 7:30 and 8:00 local time kick offs for the Pac 12, that's specific to ESPN. FOX doesn't do kickoffs after primetime on the east coast. Also they would not be getting these kick times otherwise. This is a new phenomenon with the latest contract. The late kickoff used to be for the WAC conference and the Mountain West would occasionally get one. The Pac 10 used to have a lot of 2 and 5 kickoffs. ESPN is absolutely using the conference for a ratings and marketing boon, good for them, horrible for the players, coaches, and fans.

I don't disagree with anything you say, but would Coaches, players, and fans prefer those games to be in "better" times, on the Pac-12 Network? I'm not sure they would prefer that, the amount of complaining from that conference would be even louder if nobody outside their footprint ever saw their games no matter kick time. That is what it really comes down to, doesn't it?

Offline Mike from Ft. Collins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30119 on: November 06, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »

I don't disagree with anything you say, but would Coaches, players, and fans prefer those games to be in "better" times, on the Pac-12 Network? I'm not sure they would prefer that, the amount of complaining from that conference would be even louder if nobody outside their footprint ever saw their games no matter kick time. That is what it really comes down to, doesn't it?

CSU had an ESPN game earlier this year that started at 8:15PM.  It absolutely sucks for fans, especially those with kids.  I got home around 1:00AM for that game vs Nevada.  Now we have another this Saturday w/ Boise St starting at 8:30PM. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30120 on: November 06, 2017, 02:19:43 PM »
11 AM kickoffs are so incred.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30121 on: November 06, 2017, 02:21:55 PM »
I respectfully disagree sd
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30122 on: November 06, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »

road games, yes, home games that you are going to, hard pass

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30123 on: November 06, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »

road games, yes, home games that you are going to, hard pass

Can confirm.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30124 on: November 07, 2017, 04:27:35 PM »

Great points from both of you. Just backing it up with TV stats. Nearly 2M people watched the late Pac 12 game on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/928007316624084992