Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4073670 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #25750 on: December 08, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »
I should clarify that the Sun Belt isn't expanding.  My bad.

It will be us and the Sun Belt without a CCG within two years.

good. hopefully the powers that be think with their wallets and keep us at 10.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25751 on: December 08, 2014, 12:23:41 PM »
So this year's CCG would have been us v commuter aggie?

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25752 on: December 08, 2014, 12:25:06 PM »
don't add more teams
just do the champy game w/ our 10 teams, top 2 get to play in it

Not allowed under current N$AA rules. Must have 12.

Offline EMAWforever

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25753 on: December 08, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
We shouldn't knee jerk react to this year.  When the playoff goes to 8, you are better off not having that championship game. If there would be 8 teams in a playoff this year, TCU or baylor would have been left out due to the extra loss.  They both would have been in if there were 8 teams. My  :th_twocents:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25754 on: December 08, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »
don't add more teams
that would really help in a year like this year but I am not sure it would in years past.  Here are the top 2 teams in the conference with their BCS rankings at the end of the regular season.

2013 - BU,#6 (11-1) vs OU,#11 (10-2) - Baylor winning doesn't jump undefeated FSU, 12-1 Auburn and likely is the odd man out with Alabama, Michigan State and even tOSU at only one loss

2012 - KSU,#5 (11-1) vs OU,#11 (10-2) - I would like to think betting OU a second time would get us the nod over 11-1 Florida that didn't win it's division and looked like poop most of November but it is no sure thing

2011 - OSU,#3 (11-1) vs KSU,#8 (10-2) - OSU is in a 4 team playoff if the game is not played and I doubt we could knock 11-2 Pac champ Oregon or 11-1 Stanford if we win this mythical game

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #25755 on: December 08, 2014, 12:52:55 PM »
don't add more teams

Yep, but that was decided before de-regulation and paying players and such.

Here's what we should do:  Ask our member schools if they want a CCG with our current group of 10 teams.  If they say "yes," then we announce that we want to do this and we look forward to working out the details with the NCAA....and basically dictate that we are doing it.

Should our 10 members say "no" to the CCG idea, then we do nothing.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25756 on: December 08, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »
no team with baylor's non-con should have been considered.  smu, northwestern state, and buffalo.   nope.

No team with Ohio State's conference schedule should have been considered, either. Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana. nope. FSU deserves their pass because they played Oklahoma State, Florida, and Notre Dame out of conference.
nope.  iowa state and ku more than make up for OSU playing the conference schedule that they did.

Iowa State won at Iowa and Iowa finished .500 in that garbage conference.

and are still are worse than anything that OSU played.  #blessed

They are better than Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, Rutgers, and Illinois. I could see the merits of taking a second team from the SEC over TCU or Baylor, but this OSU team is just not very good.

You left off Ohio State's toughest conference game, bud.  @MSU.  Plus never forget Wisconsin in the champy.  BTW, Illinois would get so deep in Proud Paul's ass they would knock his teeth out.  That means they are better at football.  #youdumb
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25757 on: December 08, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »
don't add more teams

they just have to sign a waiver or email someone, not a big issue to get around and easier than adding two crap teams to our already diluted conference

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25758 on: December 08, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »

don't add more teams

they just have to sign a waiver or email someone, not a big issue to get around and easier than adding two crap teams to our already diluted conference

Yep.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25759 on: December 08, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »
I'm fine with adding 2 terrible teams.  Easy W's.  :fatty:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25760 on: December 08, 2014, 12:58:54 PM »
true but then they get some of our money.  the value of the team has to be incrementally greater than the amount we have to share otherwise we end up losing money compared to where we sit today and f-that and there's no school wanting to join the b12 who can meet that requirement #blessed

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25761 on: December 08, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »
don't add more teams

I wasn't saying I agree with it, simply that it's the current rule. I like Pete's suggestion, myself.

Offline Buttons

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25762 on: December 08, 2014, 01:10:23 PM »
If we make major changes to the Big 12 because of 1 year of CFB Playoffs then we are idiots.

Yes.  Very much this.  Kick the co-champs thing to the curb and call it a day.  The very idea that we are going to sift through the pud university leftover bin because two of our non blue blood programs mumped around and got mushed by a huge name is pants on head stupid. 

Quote from: Big 12 Front Office
Hey everyone we are going to scrounge up two randos and give them a cut of our TV money cause ESPN is saying we need a championship game.

Quote from: UT and OU
K - have fun with that.  Later.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25763 on: December 08, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »
This guy can press all the right Buttons

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25764 on: December 08, 2014, 01:15:21 PM »
we're not having this discussion had baylor played anyone with a pulse in the non-con
regardless, you don't make realignment decisions based upon those idiots
Baylor needed to beat a good to great team for them to jump tOSU.  Just swapping in a win over a mediocre P5 school (VaTech :lol:) would not do enough to force the committee's hand
agreed, anyone with a pulse = good team

FWIW when Baylor scheduled SMU they were very respectable, they played in bowl games 5 out of the last 6 years and they were arguably the best non power 5 football school in the state. Buffalo won 8 games last year.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25765 on: December 08, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
no team with baylor's non-con should have been considered.  smu, northwestern state, and buffalo.   nope.

No team with Ohio State's conference schedule should have been considered, either. Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana. nope. FSU deserves their pass because they played Oklahoma State, Florida, and Notre Dame out of conference.
nope.  iowa state and ku more than make up for OSU playing the conference schedule that they did.

They are better than Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, Rutgers, and Illinois. I could see the merits of taking a second team from the SEC over TCU or Baylor, but this OSU team is just not very good.

You left off Ohio State's toughest conference game, bud.  @MSU.  Plus never forget Wisconsin in the champy.  BTW, Illinois would get so deep in Proud Paul's ass they would knock his teeth out.  That means they are better at football.  #youdumb

you mean the same Illinois team that lost at home to Iowa 30-14, a team Proud Paul beat on the road.   :lol:  idiot

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25766 on: December 08, 2014, 01:17:29 PM »
Idea: Have the right to schedule a CCG, but only if there's a tie and we want to.

Like, UT and OU are tied at 8-1 and both in the top 4, just don't play the game. BU and TCU are out, play the game and get one in.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25767 on: December 08, 2014, 01:18:39 PM »
Idea: Have the right to schedule a CCG, but only if there's a tie and we want to.

Like, UT and OU are tied at 8-1 and both in the top 4, just don't play the game. BU and TCU are out, play the game and get one in.

Like a tiebreaker game at the end of MLB season. I like it. I like it a lot.

Offline Buttons

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25768 on: December 08, 2014, 01:23:29 PM »

That would absolutely awesome if we could get away with that.  All the benefits of a champy game when its needed without the risks.  Need to start @'ing Bowlsby with this.

"One True Champion (With a Rational Contingency In Case of Ties)"®

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25769 on: December 08, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »

Yes, I only listed the teams Proud Paul would be likely to defeat in Ames.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25770 on: December 08, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »
I think we should just add a 4th OOC game and have a 13 game season. That would be a lot more money for the Big 12 schools and it would put the "13th game" talking point to bed.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25771 on: December 08, 2014, 01:31:49 PM »

you mean the same Illinois team that lost at home to Iowa 30-14, a team Proud Paul beat on the road.   :lol:  idiot

That was the turning point.  The steel had finally been tempered.  Tim Beckman molded the Illini into a battled-hardened, razor sharp winner, which he wielded deflty over those final two games.  He forcibly seppukued James Franklin and Pat Fitzgerald.  Proud Paul crap the bed for the last six games straight.  :lol:  skeet bag mouth
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25772 on: December 08, 2014, 01:34:27 PM »
OH Pat Fitzgerald, the guy that got his dick knocked off by Iowa 48-7.  You are basically bragging about beating the Big 10 version of KU.   :lol:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25773 on: December 08, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
The Fighting Breads beat the SEC East Champ(Chump).
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25774 on: December 08, 2014, 01:36:44 PM »

Yes, I only listed the teams Proud Paul would be likely to defeat in Ames.

Only Indiana would lose to Proud Paul on that list.  Maybe.  Otherwise just a bunch of rock solid bowl squads there.  PP couldn't even beat Kansas or TT at the end of the season.