Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4122665 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #7000 on: June 06, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »

Would have been fantastic bbs'n.

It already was, dude.  It already was.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: June 06, 2011, 09:54:56 AM »

Would have been fantastic bbs'n.

It already was, dude.  It already was.

Agreed. 

Would have dwarfed what actually happened, though.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: June 06, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »
There was absolutely zero chance we would have ever ended up in the mountain west.

100% chance we were Big East bound had crap hit the fan

Big East may have been an option, but it was much more likely that the remaining 5 schools would have stayed together and invited new schools into a new Big 12. When schools leave the conference, they forfeit their voting rights. Including on matters such as dissolving the league. So the remaining 5 schools could have voted to keep the league (and its name and BCS status), collected exit fees from the other 7, and then invited 5-7 new schools.

Keeping the Big 12 together with the Texas/Oklahoma schools was always plan a, the revamped Big 12 with the Orphan5+new guys was plan b. Big East was out there as plan c, but really only if super conferences started to form.
And as I have said before, in all 3 plans KU and K-State were working to stay together.

good stuff cc.  If Texas was Pac10 bound super conferences were formed

Yeah, Plan B and Plan C seem to carry contingencies exclusive to each other, both of which prevent Plan A from being feasible.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: June 06, 2011, 10:00:52 AM »
Have any of you guys ever wanted really bad to slap a :didnotread: on a long post but couldn't because you did actually read?

:frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: June 10, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »
could help us in the next round of conference realignment.  a mystery goEMAW sent me this live from the Stanford University Library  :surprised:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7005 on: June 10, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »
Has Schulz seen that?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: June 10, 2011, 11:53:30 AM »
Has Schulz seen that?

he has now

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: June 10, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »
Schulz just laughed, he knew it already.

What?  With the average ACT of 32, $50 Billion dollar endowment, $4.7 Billion in annual research funding, an acceptance rate of 15.7%, and a minimum 3.96 GPA/28 ACT just to be considered.

Offline MichiganisGood

• Maize and Blue'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: June 10, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
Didn't really follow conference realignment at all wrt KSU, but in my very unprofessional (stupid??) opinion here is how I think this stuff eventually plays out..

I think the slow conversion to super conferences still is the way of the future.. I think you guys are safe until your new TV deal runs out, no idea when that is, but I think a lot of the B12 teams are still going to be feeling like UT is raping you in those deals.. I see teams like Oklahoma/A&M bailing on it to maybe go the SEC or something and KSU/Kansas either heading to a new bigger Pac12 or BigEast, so yeah, I don't think the B12 is going to last after your new Fox Deal expires.. Texas is still going to be making all the money and super conferences are still going to be all the rage, and all the non UT schools are going to want some that cash..

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: June 10, 2011, 12:53:56 PM »
Maybe, but with the new Tier II TV Deal starting 2012, and a new more lucrative Tier 1 deal likely coming several years later most schools are pretty happy right now.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: June 10, 2011, 12:58:04 PM »
I would have loved the Big East  :drool:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: June 10, 2011, 03:07:42 PM »
I would have loved Montana... [spoiler]- some dead Russian guy from The Hunt For Red October[/spoiler]

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: June 10, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
I remember that guy.  He wanted to raise rabbits and marry a fat girl.  He could have moved to Riley County, raised meat goats and married a healthy hot girl.

Hopefully our new branding and marketing will reach the uninformed Siberians.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: June 10, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »
I remember that guy.  He wanted to raise rabbits and marry a fat girl.  He could have moved to Riley County, raised meat goats and married a healthy hot girl.

Hopefully our new branding and marketing will reach the uninformed Siberians.

He still can in the new Big XII!  Of course he'll still be dead, but that hasn't stopped A. Box yet.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: June 10, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »
Fightin Meat Goats just sounds better with each passing day.

What an inspiring symbol of glory and greatness. 

EMAMG

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: June 10, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »
Didn't really follow conference realignment at all wrt KSU, but in my very unprofessional (stupid??) opinion here is how I think this stuff eventually plays out..

I think the slow conversion to super conferences still is the way of the future.. I think you guys are safe until your new TV deal runs out, no idea when that is, but I think a lot of the B12 teams are still going to be feeling like UT is raping you in those deals.. I see teams like Oklahoma/A&M bailing on it to maybe go the SEC or something and KSU/Kansas either heading to a new bigger Pac12 or BigEast, so yeah, I don't think the B12 is going to last after your new Fox Deal expires.. Texas is still going to be making all the money and super conferences are still going to be all the rage, and all the non UT schools are going to want some that cash..

I think what you fail to understand as a Michigan fan is that we're all fully aware that UT is raping us.  We're just thankful we're getting laid.  :woot:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: June 10, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »

I think what you fail to understand as a Michigan fan is that we're all fully aware that UT is raping us.  We're just thankful we're getting laid.  :woot:

KSU and Texas have a great working relationship.  We let them handle the finances and in return we own them on the scoreboard.  Win - Win

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: June 11, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »
Aren't UT, A&M, OU, and OSU all getting the same guaranteed money from the conference? UT is getting the extra because of their own tv network?
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: June 11, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »
Aren't UT, A&M, OU, and OSU all getting the same guaranteed money from the conference? UT is getting the extra because of their own tv network?

no, the 1st tier rights are still unequal

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: June 11, 2011, 11:45:07 AM »

I don't think OSU was given any guarantee.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7020 on: June 11, 2011, 02:57:22 PM »
Rough, off the top of my head calculations say a baseline TV payout to all Big 12 teams starting in 2011 of about $11.5 million per school.   Of course some schools will far exceed that based on their Tier 1 appearances.   

That is just TV, that doesn't include Bowl Payout and NCAA tourney payout.   

So, Texas, with their network will pulling down around a minimum of $26.5 million a year from TV. 

Doesn't the new contract with FSN take effect with the 2012 football season?  Meaning, for 2011 we'll still under the old FSN contract of $19.5 million per year.  Then for 2012, the revenue from FSN will jump up based on the new contract.  I could be completely off.   :confused:

Even so, regardless of which year the new contract takes effect, it's amazing how much additional revenue K-State will get every year!  Last June, the Big 12 distributed $139 million.  Of that, $80 million was from TV contracts, and the remaining $59 million came from other sources (conf bball tourney, NCAA tourney, bowls, corp sponsors, etc).  With the new FSN contract, we'll be getting $150 million per year in TV revenue and probably about the same amount of misc other revenue.  Could the Big 12 distribute more than $200 million to it's members???  Since it's not 100% equal sharing, we'll still probably be below $20 million for our cut, but it's still a HUGE upgrade from where we were.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: June 11, 2011, 03:36:11 PM »
Had my years wrong, and the dollars will be more in the $13 million range baseline TV payout, probably more.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: June 11, 2011, 07:44:14 PM »
Had my years wrong, and the dollars will be more in the $13 million range baseline TV payout, probably more.

dax got dax'd.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: June 11, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »

dax got dax'd.

hope BMW doesn't see this  :ohno:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: June 11, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »
Doesn't the new contract with FSN take effect with the 2012 football season?  Meaning, for 2011 we'll still under the old FSN contract of $19.5 million per year.  Then for 2012, the revenue from FSN will jump up based on the new contract.  I could be completely off.   :confused:

Even so, regardless of which year the new contract takes effect, it's amazing how much additional revenue K-State will get every year!  Last June, the Big 12 distributed $139 million.  Of that, $80 million was from TV contracts, and the remaining $59 million came from other sources (conf bball tourney, NCAA tourney, bowls, corp sponsors, etc).  With the new FSN contract, we'll be getting $150 million per year in TV revenue and probably about the same amount of misc other revenue.  Could the Big 12 distribute more than $200 million to it's members???  Since it's not 100% equal sharing, we'll still probably be below $20 million for our cut, but it's still a HUGE upgrade from where we were.
Us K-Staters with being smarter and making more money can just sit back,smile, smoke our pipes and wear our silk robes while we watch the money roll in. KU on the other hand, watch out for heart attacks on the rise from never seeing that much money before.