TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Kansas State Football

Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....

<< < (2/7340) > >>

Trim:
We should just join the Big 10 (at least until 'clams and I put the final touches on CE).

Kat Kid:
Texas seems a strange candidate to me.  They already have their fiefdom here.  I think if this goes down UT gets the band back together and repurposes a big 8/10 swc combo:

okie schools, ks schools all the texas schools, + maybe tcu and/or houston/rice.  Warm up your southern road trips!

The42Yardstick:

--- Quote from: Mr. KK on April 18, 2010, 07:28:08 PM ---Texas seems a strange candidate to me.  They already have their fiefdom here.  I think if this goes down UT gets the band back together and repurposes a big 8/10 swc combo:

okie schools, ks schools all the texas schools, + maybe tcu and/or houston/rice.  Warm up your southern road trips!

--- End quote ---

This opens up absolutely no new tv markets

Kat Kid:

--- Quote from: The42Yardstick on April 18, 2010, 07:32:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mr. KK on April 18, 2010, 07:28:08 PM ---Texas seems a strange candidate to me.  They already have their fiefdom here.  I think if this goes down UT gets the band back together and repurposes a big 8/10 swc combo:

--- End quote ---

This opens up absolutely no new tv markets

--- End quote ---

It would for the Big 10 and Pac 10.

Pete:
First, KSU can't join the Big 10 unless the Big 10 changes it's own bylaws...you have to be an AAU school.  KSU is not.  Mizzou, NU, KU and ISU are.

Texas isn't being courted by the Big 10 in this thing.  That's off the table.  

Mizzou and NU make a TON of sense.  Mizzou locks down Missouri and NU brings more than just Nebraska, they are recognizable name in football, which what this is all about.

If the Big 10 moves to 16 (gains 5), then IMO NU and MU are part of it.  If the Big 10 goes to 12 or 14, we are safe.

IF, MU and NU go, it will appear that the Big 12's best option is to offer both BYU and Utah.  The PAC-10, unless they are just stupid, is probably going to offer them as well....the writing is on the wall, super conference are the next step.  So, we'll have a battle to get the Utah schools, and we lose battles.  So, we'll probably end up with TCU/SMU or New Mexio / New Mexico State.

The real horror that is out there is that the Big 10 goes to 16 (takes MU and NU), then the SEC gets greedy and tries to keep up with the Jones' and pulls UT, aTm, OU and OSU.  IMO, this is what is going to happen, this is our destiny.  NO other BCS conference is going to come walking through that door asking us to join up.   On the up side, w prolly get to keep Farmageddon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version