Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4154790 times)

The42Yardstick

Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #4400 on: June 14, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
Agree with hillwalking that a jump to the P10 is the best move for the EMAJ. Sure, they may lose a couple of fans to murder by EMAW, but ultimately it's the best thing they can do.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: June 14, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »
From the Journal World 10:18 a.m. Update:

The Orange County Register has learned that Pac-10 officials will meet with KU tonight at an undisclosed location.

The meeting comes as no surprise in the wake of Sunday’s rumors that Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott was en route to Kansas City. His plane never landed at KCI, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t get to the area somehow, somewhere.

Sources told me late Sunday night that KU’s meeting with the Pac-10 was going down but that it was a back-up plan for KU, as it was looking more and more like the Big 12 may stay together.
Who did Lew give a hummer to in order to get that Orange Bowl bid?  Maybe they could compare notes with the Pac 10 guys.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: June 14, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »
If Pac-10 offers us, and we turn it down to stay with Texas, I'm going to become full EMAW.  Dumbest Fracking move in the world.  I think Pac-10 offers us a one time invite to force the league down to 9, pushing UT west.

Yep.  

pac 10 dude: so you wanna come to the pac 10?  
Ku dude:  well we are thinking that sticking around will be a good move for us
pac 10: if you dont come now then texas will leave you in the lurch in a few years and you will be screwed anyway
ku dude: oh, yeah i guess were in then

ku becomes the 3rd team to bolt, 2nd to the pac

UT, TT, OSU, ??? to the pac and ATM and OU to the sec Mizzou to the Big 10 ISU and KSU sword fighting in a mid major somewhere...

but cap'n crap said that we will be fine so i'm not worried about this actually happening.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: June 14, 2010, 11:47:21 AM »
I don't think KU moves before UT declares.  Would be too risky.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline William Wallace

• Fan
    • View Profile
Did anyone see a post from KS on gopowercat?
« Reply #4404 on: June 14, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
I didn't see it and evidently it was removed........

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: June 14, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »
ChipBrownOB
Texas stands to make between $20 mil and $25 mil per yr under a proposed new TV pkg presented by Dan Beebe, plus UT's own network.

:surprised: 

wetwillie

« Reply #4406 on: June 14, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »
 ChipBrownOB

Texas stands to make between $20 mil and $25 mil per yr under a proposed new TV pkg presented by Dan Beebe, plus UT's own network.

4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Looks like the mouthpiece is providing UT with some nice leverage against the PAC 10

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: June 14, 2010, 11:55:12 AM »
replacing 4 Ws against nebraska/colorado in basketball schedule with 6 extra games vs the south may be too scary for KU  :runaway:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: June 14, 2010, 11:55:51 AM »
The latest information, which was relayed to PowerMizzou.com late last night is that the Aggies may have told the SEC they would like Missouri to be included in that league's expansion as well.

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: June 14, 2010, 11:56:43 AM »
No matter what happens, when this is all over I'm going to be just a little bit sad to see this thread go.  This is the greatest thread in history and can probably never be topped.  When we're all  :cyclist: we'll see a great thread and say "Yeah, but it's NOTHING like that 'smoke your cigars' thread back in ought-ten!"

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: June 14, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
No matter what happens, when this is all over I'm going to be just a little bit sad to see this thread go.  This is the greatest thread in history and can probably never be topped.  When we're all  :cyclist: we'll see a great thread and say "Yeah, but it's NOTHING like that 'smoke your cigars' thread back in ought-ten!"

Well if the Big 12 (10) stays around after all this, we might as well keep this stickied because we will go through all this in a couple years again.

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: June 14, 2010, 11:59:13 AM »
The latest information, which was relayed to PowerMizzou.com late last night is that the Aggies may have told the SEC they would like Missouri to be included in that league's expansion as well.

:users:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: June 14, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »

Well if the Big 12 (10) stays around after all this, we might as well keep this stickied because we will go through all this in a couple years again.

As long as we can stay away from falling to the MWC, I'll take whatever.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: June 14, 2010, 12:01:17 PM »
I am going to Walgreen's to buy my grandmother some prune juice (not kidding).  When I come back I expect to see the Big XII together for the long haul and making millions for Kazzu Univ.   tia.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: June 14, 2010, 12:02:54 PM »
great info everyone...i dont know how everyone who works is able to keep up with all of this.  i'm unemployed and its still difficult.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: June 14, 2010, 12:03:36 PM »
Regarding DUMBSTICK's info posted by SBG, confirmed that at least one Big 12 south school is actively lobbying the Pac 10 for KU to be included as part of the group, due to the basketball program.  

Said school, which in Big 8 days maintained a well-known rivalry with one of the schools that bolted last Friday, is also really, really pissed with that school for bolting and trying to throw everyone else under the bus.  Has totally changed the perception of the school that bolted and its AD.  

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: June 14, 2010, 12:06:11 PM »
Regarding DUMBSTICK's info posted by SBG, confirmed that at least one Big 12 south school is actively lobbying the Pac 10 for KU to be included as part of the group, due to the basketball program.  

Said school, which in Big 8 days maintained a well-known rivalry with one of the schools that bolted last Friday, is also really, really pissed with that school for bolting and trying to throw everyone else under the bus.  Has totally changed the perception of the school that bolted and its AD.  

wut
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: June 14, 2010, 12:07:48 PM »

wut

I think you need a hieroglyphic keystone to decode that.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: June 14, 2010, 12:08:28 PM »

Hmmm...what school left on Friday?  :curse:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: June 14, 2010, 12:08:36 PM »

wut

:blah: :blah: :blah: OU is mad at Nebraska  :blah: :blah: :blah:

No crap...

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: June 14, 2010, 12:08:51 PM »

wut

two words - boomer sooner.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: June 14, 2010, 12:09:18 PM »

wut

:blah: :blah: :blah: OU is mad at Nebraska  :blah: :blah: :blah:

No crap...

We may never know who the real Big Red is now.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: June 14, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »
ChipBrownOB Will be on College Football Live and SportsCenter again today. Already taped a phoner running on SC now.

So SC will have to completely different stories running??? wtf.
- chunkles

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: June 14, 2010, 12:11:01 PM »

wut

two words - boomer sooner.

sorry forgot the /sarcasm at end

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: June 14, 2010, 12:13:47 PM »
I've got it....the Big 12 stays intact with 10, after 2 years we add teams to avoid sharing the pending revenue from NU and CU.