Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4140801 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #25200 on: November 05, 2013, 08:44:45 AM »
I think our time would be better spent getting rid of the teams we don't like.
We could go back to 8 and use our old Big 8 name.  :cyclist:
This sounds like a job for the Blues Brothers.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #25201 on: November 05, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »
hilarous big 8 idea: we go back to 8 and the big 8 name. eventually all of NU's big 8 records are overtaken by texas (and a lot of other teams but texas being the important one in this scenario). everyone laughs and parties. nebraska fans try to edit wikipedia thousands of times but, nope. in your face.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25202 on: November 05, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »
hilarous big 8 idea: we go back to 8 and the big 8 name. eventually all of NU's big 8 records are overtaken by texas (and a lot of other teams but texas being the important one in this scenario). everyone laughs and parties. nebraska fans try to edit wikipedia thousands of times but, nope. in your face.

:love:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25203 on: November 05, 2013, 08:49:23 AM »

:thumbs:

Deuces, Baylor and WVU.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25204 on: November 05, 2013, 08:52:57 AM »

Deuces, Baylor and WVU.

omg  :excited: :thumbs:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25205 on: November 05, 2013, 08:58:02 AM »

Deuces, Baylor and WVU.

This conference would be so great without those two dead weights. Get rid of the smallest fanbase and the trashiest fanbase at the same time.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25206 on: November 05, 2013, 09:17:15 AM »
I think I'd rather keep Baylor than TCU, though.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25207 on: November 05, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »

Absolutely.  Why would anyone get ride of Baylor and not TCU?  Baylor has an all-around excellent athletic program.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25208 on: November 05, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »

Absolutely.  Why would anyone get ride of Baylor and not TCU?  Baylor has an all-around excellent athletic program.

Three years ago before all of the conference realignment BS started would you have swapped Baylor for TCU? I would have. Baylor is still the worst football program in B12 history. Let's not get too caught up in a couple of good seasons...

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25209 on: November 05, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
Is any of this substantial? need some crap to occupy my time this summer

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25210 on: November 05, 2013, 09:48:29 AM »

Three years ago before all of the conference realignment BS started would you have swapped Baylor for TCU? I would have. Baylor is still the worst football program in B12 history. Let's not get too caught up in a couple of good seasons...

Three years ago RG3 was kicking ass and Baylor athletics was the highest it has ever been.  I would not have swapped Baylor for TCU, especially since TCU (football) played in the Big East.  I do not see Baylor falling back down. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25211 on: November 05, 2013, 09:54:12 AM »

Three years ago RG3 was kicking ass and Baylor athletics was the highest it has ever been.  I would not have swapped Baylor for TCU, especially since TCU (football) played in the Big East.  I do not see Baylor falling back down.
this is a dumb argument - why get rid of a Texas school when ISU is available?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25212 on: November 05, 2013, 10:22:29 AM »
whoever said FSU would get snubbed based on being in the ACC (as opposed to the B12) probably has not watched a football game this year

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25213 on: November 05, 2013, 10:24:05 AM »
whoever said FSU would get snubbed based on being in the ACC (as opposed to the B12) probably has not watched a football game this year

Well if they keep beating top 10 teams by infinity, conference affiliation is going to play a smaller role

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25214 on: November 05, 2013, 10:27:20 AM »

Well if they keep beating top 10 teams by infinity, conference affiliation is going to play a smaller role
I still don't like FSU's chances if Oregon is unbeaten and the SEC champ has only 1 loss (unless that team is Mizzou).  That said, I am not sure if they were in this years Big 12 it would help any.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25215 on: November 05, 2013, 10:51:55 AM »

I still don't like FSU's chances if Oregon is unbeaten and the SEC champ has only 1 loss (unless that team is Mizzou).  That said, I am not sure if they were in this years Big 12 it would help any.
It wouldn't this year.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #25216 on: November 05, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »
If there's one thing we've learned from all of this it's that the Big 12 just sitting on its ass and doing nothing is always the best option.

People thought it was because they were lazy.

I honestly think Bowlsby saw how it went down in the Pac-12, how they really got nothing out of it, and said, "Yeah, make that money."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25217 on: November 05, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »
If there's one thing we've learned from all of this it's that the Big 12 just sitting on its ass and doing nothing is always the best option.

I honestly think Bowlsby saw how it went down in the Pac-12, how they really got nothing out of it, and said, "Yeah, make that money."

Utah and Buffs are causing heartburn via smaller pieces of the pie.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25218 on: November 05, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »

especially when you consider the headaches of determining divisions.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25219 on: November 05, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »

A one loss SEC team is not getting into the championship over an undefeated Oregon, Ohio State, Florida State, or even Baylor.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25220 on: November 05, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »

A one loss SEC team is not getting into the championship over an undefeated Oregon, Ohio State, Florida State, or even Baylor.
I hope you are right but I will believe it when I see it, especially for Baylor and OSU.  I mean, the ballot rigging in the final polls the last time the coaches and writers will have the opportunity to do so should be breathtaking.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25221 on: November 05, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »
I really don't think Alabama is losing a game this year, either. The rest of the SEC is just garbage.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25222 on: November 05, 2013, 11:12:46 AM »

FSU/Oregon would definitely be in.  OSU would likely be in.  Baylor would maybe be in.  That one loss SEC team would likely be Bama defending 2 titles.  Granted their loss would be late in the year, but its tough for me to imagine Baylor getting in over 1 loss Bama with this Big 12.

I am rooting for any combo of Baylor/Oregon/FSU.  So much fun to be had.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #25223 on: November 05, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »

FSU/Oregon would definitely be in.  OSU would likely be in.  Baylor would maybe be in.  That one loss SEC team would likely be Bama defending 2 titles.  Granted their loss would be late in the year, but its tough for me to imagine Baylor getting in over 1 loss Bama with this Big 12.

I am rooting for any combo of Baylor/Oregon/FSU.  So much fun to be had.

Oregon/Baylor would be the best BCS title game since OSU/Miami.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #25224 on: November 05, 2013, 11:17:38 AM »

this is a dumb argument - why get rid of a Texas school when ISU is available?

This. If we are going to kick out anyone, then it should be ISU.