Author Topic: Apple TV, et al  (Read 9630 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Apple TV, et al
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2015, 06:16:08 PM »
my watchespn login (my mom's) hasn't been working the last few days for some reason, so i'm going to give this slingtv thing a try tonight.  7 day free trial.  will report back
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2015, 06:18:14 PM »
also they have  deal right now where you can get a fire stick or roku stick free when you prepay 3 months of sling tv.  that's almost the cost of the device itself, so if you're thinking about getting one of those, check it out.  there is also like 50percent off roku3 and some other device.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2015, 12:23:06 AM »
my watchespn login (my mom's) hasn't been working the last few days for some reason, so i'm going to give this slingtv thing a try tonight.  7 day free trial.  will report back

I've been using sling for about two weeks. It's not too bad. Watching the ku game tonight was pretty good at some points, but had a few issues at others, though I think that's more on my ISP than sling, cause SC after the game was very very good in terms of quality. I just think a ton of ku fans streaming the game as I was were turning it off at the end, so I had more local bandwith to use. I'm glad it finally came to Fire Stick TV (which I got when it was $19 for Prime members a few months back). I like the Fire Stick TV pretty well, but i think using the $50 off sling TV deal for Fire TV (and Amazon was running a $15 off promotion recently, so don't know if you could get both to apply) is a good deal, and would probably be better for streaming cause you can use ethernet where Fire Stick TV you can't (especially for google fiber cats). Really, with sling TV for ESPN and buying a $10 antenna to get about 30 local channels (ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox) for me has made it feasible to just totally drop cable and go internet only. I know that's not feasible for some people but I really don't watch that much TV and paying $20/month for sling + $45ish for internet and having an Amazon prime subscription + OTA channels is easily enough to keep me entertained while not shelling out $140/month that TWC recently raised my rates to before I cancelled with them.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2015, 08:25:06 AM »
Seemed like slightly better quality than watchespn, but at the end of the half the sound was f'd up and not synced so I restarted it and espn wouldn't connect then. So I switched over to watchespn app instead. Might be worth it for March madness with tnt and tbs.  If they added comedy central I'd sub for sure

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2015, 01:15:34 PM »
Seemed like slightly better quality than watchespn, but at the end of the half the sound was f'd up and not synced so I restarted it and espn wouldn't connect then. So I switched over to watchespn app instead. Might be worth it for March madness with tnt and tbs.  If they added comedy central I'd sub for sure

See I had the opposite, mine got better as the game went on (but I did have to recent at halftime). Comedy Central would be pretty cool, but I also watch most of my shows the next day off their site anyways, it's what I did in college and it works for me.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla