Author Topic: Starting Lineup Next Season and other commentary  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Starting Lineup Next Season and other commentary
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 09:56:23 AM »
LT - AJ Allen
LG - Whitehair
C - Riesner OR Bergstrom
RG - Stiverson
RT - Kleinsorge OR Bennett (Kleinsorge's struggles may get him bumped)
QB - Hubener
RB - Jones/Warmack (will split carries like this year)
FB - Gronk
TE - Valentine OR Small
WR - J. Jones
WR - Davis
WR - Burton

WDE - Bryant
DT - Britz
DT - Geary
SDE - Willis
LB - Derricott (He'll be back)
LB - Riddle
LB - Lee
S - Barnett
S - Prewett
CB - McDaniel
CB - Burns
CB - Starks

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 10:22:31 AM »
Yeah, we're gonna be pretty good
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline purpyslurpy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »
LT - AJ Allen
LG - Whitehair
C - Riesner OR Bergstrom
RG - Stiverson
RT - Kleinsorge OR Bennett (Kleinsorge's struggles may get him bumped)
QB - Hubener
RB - Jones/Warmack (will split carries like this year)
FB - Gronk
TE - Valentine OR Small
WR - J. Jones
WR - Davis
WR - Burton

WDE - Bryant
DT - Britz
DT - Geary
SDE - Willis
LB - Riddle
LB - Lee
S - Barnett
S - Prewett
CB - McDaniel
CB - Burns
CB - Starks
I would be extremely surprised if Bennett is in the mix for a starting role. I have not heard a single positive thing about him in his time here. OL and WR are so much a toss up at this point. Lots of guys in the mix. Unfortunately, I don't think that is a good thing in these cases.

OL could be any combination of Whitehair, Stiverson(Do not think broken bones will be a career ender, unless there was some nerve damage. Even if he doesn't come back 100%, he will be good enough to start as we have seen we had such poor depth this year),Hayes, Kleinsorge, Ash, Allen, and Bergstrom. I could see Risner being in the mix also. It's been said that Jeb Drost and Reid Najvar have impressed some as well. Lot of guys we could see and who knows at what positions.

I would say the only for sure we will see at WR is Cook, and then any of Davis, Burton, Klein(he will be back), Heath, West, and Jones. I assume he will redshirt, but with no one being proven at this point it could be possible to even see Zach Reuter in there.

I have heard decent things about Starks' potential, but I have a hard time not seeing Nate Jackson step in to one of the vacant positions, seeing as he was about the only backup to see significant playing time and at more than one position. Shows lack of trust in others and significant trust in him. I really hope Prewett can step up in year two. I will be very disappointed if we wasted his RS and he still doesn't play in year 2. Really want Derricott to get back on the team so we can have a mix of Moore, Derricott, Riddle, Lee, Davis, and Tanking. Decent depth and athleticism.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:09:27 AM by purpyslurpy »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 12:57:31 PM »
Mixed-nuts:  was Stiverson's injury a career ender?  That would really suck.
Stiverson broke is tibia and fibula, so you know there was some good amount of damage. I think he lacked the ideal athleticism that we want from our guards. That is compounded now with a serious injury.

Offline Corky

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 01:28:39 PM »
Mixed-nuts:  was Stiverson's injury a career ender?  That would really suck.
Stiverson broke is tibia and fibula, so you know there was some good amount of damage. I think he lacked the ideal athleticism that we want from our guards. That is compounded now with a serious injury.

He has been constantly injured since he has been here also.

Offline Corky

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 01:45:07 PM »
What I would like to see:
LT - AJ Allen
LG - Whitehair
C - Risner
RG - Stiverson
RT - Kleinsorge OR Fitzner (hopeful he would have progressed enough to supplant Klensorge)
QB - Hubener OR Ertz OR Laird OR Delton (who ever can win the qb battle decisively by the first game and never look back going on to an outstanding multi-year, multi championship, multi hiesman career)
RB - Jones/Warmack (will split carries like this year) Would like to see Leverret but that looks unlikely
FB - Gronk
TE - Small OR Valentine
WR - J. Jones
WR - Davis
WR - Burton

WDE - Bryant
DT - Britz
DT - Clinkscale
SDE - Willis
LB - Riddle
LB - Lee
S - Barnett
S - Prewett OR Newell
CB - McDaniel
CB - Burns
CB - Cre Moore

What will likely happen: :Yuck:
LT - Whitehair
LG - Ash (due to Stiverson being injured or never fully recovering from injury)
C - Liddle (knows the play book and he tries too damn hard to keep off the field)
RG - Hayes
RT - Kleinsorge
QB - Hubener OR Ertz (Either with the QB battle going long into midway of the season as we piss away half of it in order to figure out who the real QB is for this team and hopefully not spilling into the 2016 season)
RB - Jones (with even more wildcat situations and little use of our other 3 backs)
FB - Gronk
TE - Small OR Vallentine (with extensive use as an undersized tackle)
WR - Cook
WR - Doesn't matter we wont throw to a 3rd reciever and we will only use 2 long developing timing routes while we keep all backs and TE's in for pass blocking.
WR - Burton

WDE - Bryant
DT - Britz
DT - Geary
SDE - Willis
LB - Davis (because he knows the playbook and angles even though he doesn't get to the ball carrier until they are 4 yards past the line of scrimmage)
LB - M. Moore
LB - Lee (mainly because I can't think of another walk on LB that would supplant him right now)
S - Barnett
S - Jackson (even though he is undersized and a terrible safety)
CB - McDaniel
CB - Burns
CB - Starks

:buh-bye:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 02:40:58 PM »
I thought Kyle Klein had an injury that forced him to give up football. Don't think anything was ever announced but thought someone said it on here. Could be wrong

Nope. He'll be back. Offensive coaches mentioned in the time leading up to the Alamo Bowl that they expect him to help contribute at WR next season.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 07:14:44 AM »
So what is the story with riddle, he gone too?  Personally, i thought the step back in team d was embarassing when johnson was replaced by will davis.  I hope we didnt run off two speedster lb's because hearts and off field decision making earn playing time over play making. Unless he did something really terrible, like criminally.