Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 361040 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Sure you have like 8 old fridges but do you have a giant farmer version of a lazy susan filled with all sorts of nuts/bolts/junk/tools?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
are you guys taking pics of like your secondary shops or what because my god burn some trash and get a broom

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
are you guys taking pics of like your secondary shops or what because my god burn some trash and get a broom

lol I love this broom just sitting in a pile of the stuff you pour on oil to sop it up and then sweep up. also get a real broom sd's dad!.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Behind the electric scooters and beehives is the other part of the work bench area that is has 3 rows of drawers that pull out with nuts/bolts/washers all lined up in the same sizes.

I had to find a new nut/bolt combo for the weed whip one time but that stuff was all combine size.

Ended up finding a harbor freight set that was unopened that worked just fine.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
seriously there are few things more satisfying then having a little oil spill and taking an empty can* of the white stuff and shaking it over the oil and then sweeping it up and having it mostly clean with maybe a tiny bit of stain.

*back when I was a kid my grandpa smoked a pipe so we had empty Sir Walter Raleigh tobacco cans to put nuts and bolts in and pour out the oil sopping up stuff. seriously we had like a million of these cans and then my grandpa had heart surgery when he was like 75 or 80 and just quit cold turkey and now he's kickin' in his 90's

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

These were taken when I first got out there and I probably filled up the incinerator 3/4 times with empty boxes or egg cartons/junk but it's still disgusting.

I wanted to completely reorganize everything while I was out there but my dad wouldn't let me because he is waiting until next year when my uncle's lease is up and he moves all of "his" tools out.

Whatever dad, i'll just go haul some more tree limbs out of the windbreak and you can keep your junkyard garage/workshop.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Name the snake species. About 7 ft long. Aggressive AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
seriously there are few things more satisfying then having a little oil spill and taking an empty can* of the white stuff and shaking it over the oil and then sweeping it up and having it mostly clean with maybe a tiny bit of stain.

*back when I was a kid my grandpa smoked a pipe so we had empty Sir Walter Raleigh tobacco cans to put nuts and bolts in and pour out the oil sopping up stuff. seriously we had like a million of these cans and then my grandpa had heart surgery when he was like 75 or 80 and just quit cold turkey and now he's kickin' in his 90's

When my brother changed the oil on the riding lawnmower and golf cart he asked my dad what to do with the oil and my dad was just like "Drain it on the gravel or whatever"  :Wha:

He ended up catching it in a cat food pan and throwing it on top of trash in the incinerator so I guess we were being environmentally responsible?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Bull snake or whip? snake

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also i know nothing about snakes besides the fact that there are no water moccasins in KS

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is a Keep Cats Off The Nice Vehicles electric fence

Asked my dad where he got this thing and he said he just built it. So maybe a billion dollar product?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Bull snake or whip? snake
Whip, which are rare here

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
F yeah, my 2 months of farm quarantine and wikipedia'n random animals that live in western ks paid off!

:billdance:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

When my brother changed the oil on the riding lawnmower and golf cart he asked my dad what to do with the oil and my dad was just like "Drain it on the gravel or whatever"  :Wha:

He ended up catching it in a cat food pan and throwing it on top of trash in the incinerator so I guess we were being environmentally responsible?
I mean we definitely collected all the used oil into a barrel that I'm assuming for taken somewhere responsibly but also we dumped the pure trash that wouldn't burn next to a creek that eventually found its way to the Mississippi River and Gulf of Mexico

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I mean we definitely collected all the used oil into a barrel that I'm assuming for taken somewhere responsibly but also we dumped the pure trash that wouldn't burn next to a creek that eventually found its way to the Mississippi River and Gulf of Mexico

We actually recycle like a mofo out on the cat ranch only because glass/aluminum/tin cans dont burn all the way. Colby has a free recycling center in town where you just drive up and dump your stuff in the correct dumpster.

It was surprisingly busy the couple of times I dropped stuff off there.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Old timey underground house. Not all underground but like built into a berm.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Cow food delivery unit. The food dumps out of that side thing right into their bowl.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This building is an old wooden train car with the open part built off of it. We have several of these types of things so apparently they were quit the deal back in the day.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are all of these old abandoned buildings on the SD Ranch? It's an impressive collection if so.

I asked my dad what he was going to do with the old barns that are falling down at the cat ranch and his reply was "Wait for it to fall down then set it on fire"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are all of these old abandoned buildings on the SD Ranch? It's an impressive collection if so.

I asked my dad what he was going to do with the old barns that are falling down at the cat ranch and his reply was "Wait for it to fall down then set it on fire"
Wouldn't it be more fun to burn them while they're still standing?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Procrastination, I'm sure there will be some actual work involved in cleaning up afterwards.  Also less chance for the fire to get out of control maybe.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Cow food delivery unit. The food dumps out of that side thing right into their bowl.

Antenna and roller to keep the front corner of the truck out of the concrete bunk aka food bowl.  This is a professional operation.

Tom

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes, that’s like 1/10 of them. We’ve got old houses and crap everywhere.

That one with no side parts had the wood taken off to build an old timey cowboy house. If the old wood is good or something it can be sold for that stuff apparently.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pictures of the cow poop sprinkler system next please.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
pics of cows, please.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."