Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 371339 times)

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Organized all the shovels, rock  bars, weed eater in the barn.  Tater and Tillie got some play time while my cousin and I piece together a bucket rebuild.  Lots of welding bead pictures to come!

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Great photos of the dogs (Tater  :love: ) and love the Busch Light for the farmers sign
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Come on Tom, you know that you need like 17 bagillion rock bars spread out all over the barn along with 12 more shovels of varying sizes and integrity. While your at it get yourself an old 8 ft tall lazy Susan to keep all your nuts/bolts/pipe fittings etc.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So my dad took home a runt kitten from the family homestead earlier this spring and nursed it back to health. He calls it "Farm Kitty" and loves this thing more than he loves Rush Limbaugh, even after it gave him and my mom ringworm.

Everytime he goes back to western KS he takes the cat and sends us pictures of it doing farm things with him.

After a couple of years of failing health Farm kitty/Lil Lil passed peacefully this evening in the burbs of KC. She was born in a barn outside of Colby Kansas, abandoned by her mother as the runt of the litter and nursed back to health by a kind cat rancher.

She lived 5 years on a diet of kibble and eggs and out lived all of her blood relatives who were eaten by coyotes, she brought joy to all around her. She is survived by her younger sister Tazee (another farm cat runt).

Lil lil will now live on forever at the cat ranch thanks to this touching tribute my dad ordered. As far as I know lil lil is the first barn cat to get this treatment but I'm sure Tazee will get it as well whenever she passes.

Pour one out for lil lil tonight

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
That's great. Thinking of you tonight lil lil.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Another update from my dad (Parents had been YOLO traveling for a month and he just got out to the cat ranch tonight)

"Lost one of our owls"

« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 08:42:37 PM by ben ji »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's great. Thinking of you tonight lil lil.
Thank you for your thoughts, the ji family is keeping you in their thoughts as well.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lil Lil was a giant amongst farm cats. Rest in Power.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

So my dad took home a runt kitten from the family homestead earlier this spring and nursed it back to health. He calls it "Farm Kitty" and loves this thing more than he loves Rush Limbaugh, even after it gave him and my mom ringworm.

Everytime he goes back to western KS he takes the cat and sends us pictures of it doing farm things with him.

After a couple of years of failing health Farm kitty/Lil Lil passed peacefully this evening in the burbs of KC. She was born in a barn outside of Colby Kansas, abandoned by her mother as the runt of the litter and nursed back to health by a kind cat rancher.

She lived 5 years on a diet of kibble and eggs and out lived all of her blood relatives who were eaten by coyotes, she brought joy to all around her. She is survived by her younger sister Tazee (another farm cat runt).

Lil lil will now live on forever at the cat ranch thanks to this touching tribute my dad ordered. As far as I know lil lil is the first barn cat to get this treatment but I'm sure Tazee will get it as well whenever she passes.

I say this with all respect to lil lil…..lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline farming_cat fan

• Fan
  • Feeding the World
    • View Profile
Corn planted April 12th is up and going here in northeast Kansas.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

I say this with all respect to lil lil…..lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP lil lil
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well eff guyz, I may be getting grounded from the farm for doing too much cleaning AGAIN.

I had a Buddy coming out on opening weekend to look for those mystical pheasants and decided to clean out the second bedroom upstairs to make it not look like a hoarder lives there...my mistake

After 6 months my full farm privileges (Can visit without my dad there) have been fully restored.

Lil Lil's burial must of given him the closure he needed.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
nature is healing

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So what's everyone gonna do with their farms when the Aquifer runs out?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So what's everyone gonna do with their farms when the Aquifer runs out?
Pffff rains are back baby. All it took was my dad burying lil lil and ungrounding me from the farm to make the rain god(s) return.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Time for the recharged farm to grow some pheasants
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ended up with almost 3 inches at the cat ranch

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
it's still raining too. Good rain for W ks.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Had dinner with the fam after my dad got back to KC tonight, looks like we got 3.5ish inches over the last 2 days at the cat ranch. Original plan was to fallow all the fields this year, pray for rain and plant wheat in the fall but after this sudden burst of rain my dad and his farmer guy are itching to try 100 acres of dry land Milo or silage. He is currently waiting to see how much more rain they might get before June 1st and talk to their FSA Guy or something.

I asked why he wouldn't grow it in our semi irrigated circle but apparently when you grow MILO/MILO/MILO/MILO (WHO WOULD OF GUESSED) for 4 years straight the field gets overtaken with herbicide resistant weeds so we are gonna have to till it up a couple times this summer and do other weed prevention stuff before we plant wheat in the September.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also lil red, my dad's 2004 2wd Chevy S10 farm truck is on its last legs and will only go 3 miles before overheating so it got towed into town by one of his buddies with a real farm truck and is currently in the shop....I'm using this as an excuse to try and convince my dad to buy a 4 wheeler for puttn around the farm.

But honestly I just want him to buy a 4 wheeler so I can zip around the cat ranch on a 4 wheeler and pretend I'm 12 years old again without a care in the world.

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Corn planted April 12th is up and going here in northeast Kansas.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Planted April 27th.

Tom

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
My cousin pushed the bucket project over th3 finish line while I was traveling for work this week.  New 3/8 inch plate bottom, new cutting edge, About 8 hours of fabrication.

Tom

« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 10:25:08 PM by KST8FAN »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
That's some quality farmin'
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Tater got his annual trip to the pastures on Saturday. He got to break up the replacement heifer juggalo party then retreats to the safety of a truck tire.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
This little lady got separated from the herd somehow, I walked her about a half mile back to the group to find her mom.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk