Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 360775 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Sounds like something that someone would say trying to cover a conspiracy theory. I’m not buying it!

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Has Temple Grandin weighed in on this debacle?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Cowgate 2022 is not what I had on my bingo board for this year but here we are
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
2% of the '22 KS wheat crop has been harvested. Variable yields and test weights so far in SC KS.  I predict that the harvest will move north rapidly over the next week

https://kswheat.com/news/day-1-kansas-wheat-harvest-report-4?fbclid=IwAR11RWfMgX9CI-IPMyWy9MMglm-_cls_Xc4d9ghM8ksrefiNlR__ydiIzGs

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Was it the heat that killed them or that they were fat?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :lol:

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
2% of the '22 KS wheat crop has been harvested. Variable yields and test weights so far in SC KS.  I predict that the harvest will move north rapidly over the next week

https://kswheat.com/news/day-1-kansas-wheat-harvest-report-4?fbclid=IwAR11RWfMgX9CI-IPMyWy9MMglm-_cls_Xc4d9ghM8ksrefiNlR__ydiIzGs
Back in the day my summer job was collecting wheat data for the KWC.

FGIS offices in Topeka, Dodge City, KCK collecting railcar inspection data and the elevator origins.  Then all that had written data was keyed in to spit out the wheat quality report.

Tom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Back in the day my summer job was collecting wheat data for the KWC.

FGIS offices in Topeka, Dodge City, KCK collecting railcar inspection data and the elevator origins.  Then all that had written data was keyed in to spit out the wheat quality report.

Tom

I'll bet that was a treasure trove of data.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
man, that sucks.  poor cows.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline farming_cat fan

• Fan
  • Feeding the World
    • View Profile
Here are a few pics from this spring. I haven't had time to get the drone in the air when it hasn't been overly windy. I hope to get some drone pics soon. Ended up spraying round-up on the cover crop mixture hoping to only kill out the barley and keep most of the vetch and peas. Didn't work as well as we'd like. There's a couple of pics of what it would have looked like had we not sprayed it at all. I apologize for having to rotate your phone/computer monitor as I'll have to remember to take horizontal pictures with my phone for the photos that I post here.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 12:24:20 PM by farming_cat fan »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Can confirm. Wanted to drive under a spray rig so bad earlier this week but resisted the urge. (xpost midwesterners thread)

https://twitter.com/midwestern_ope/status/1537850986726817795?s=20&t=gg-2zlvYKvwWG-cFKswmUw

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Here are a few pics from this spring. I haven't had time to get the drone in the air when it hasn't been overly windy. I hope to get some drone pics soon. Ended up spraying round-up on the cover crop mixture hoping to only kill out the barley and keep most of the vetch and peas. Didn't work as well as we'd like. There's a couple of pics of what it would have looked like had we not sprayed it at all. I apologize for having to rotate your phone/computer monitor as I'll have to remember to take horizontal pictures with my phone for the photos that I post here.

great stuff, farmingcat. Can your cows graze that or will it make them bloat / upset their stomachs?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Can confirm. Wanted to drive under a spray rig so bad earlier this week but resisted the urge. (xpost midwesterners thread)

https://twitter.com/midwestern_ope/status/1537850986726817795?s=20&t=gg-2zlvYKvwWG-cFKswmUw

my dad has one of those. it's pretty sweet. and the spray arms extend like 15 miles each direction.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you have to have a special license to order some of the herbicide that's used in those rigs. but not many people have it. so sometimes a guy who may or may not be MY OWN FATHER will order some and leave it out on his trailer and tell his bud about it and then it disappears overnight.

also a special license to buy the tranquilizer poison stuff that you dart bulls with to knock them out when they are getting all rowdy and won't do what you want them to. then you give them the antidote to wake them up. it's irl secret agent movie stuff. but it'll kill the crap out of you if you jab yourself with the dart so it's good that you have to have a special license or whatever. so my dad will sometimes get called to come out and shoot a poison dart into the ass of a bull and knock it out.

Offline farming_cat fan

• Fan
  • Feeding the World
    • View Profile

great stuff, farmingcat. Can your cows graze that or will it make them bloat / upset their stomachs?
I'm being told that there isn't a concern with bloating. It does sound like there has possibly been issues with their skin. My dad hasn't seen this issue when he grazes his vetch.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you know who doesn't GAF about bloating or skin or crap? a goat. an honest to god regular old billy goat. it'll eat a can. crap you not.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

my dad has one of those. it's pretty sweet. and the spray arms extend like 15 miles each direction.
My dad hates huge machinery and hires the elevator to spray his crops.

you have to have a special license to order some of the herbicide that's used in those rigs. but not many people have it. so sometimes a guy who may or may not be MY OWN FATHER will order some and leave it out on his trailer and tell his bud about it and then it disappears overnight.

also a special license to buy the tranquilizer poison stuff that you dart bulls with to knock them out when they are getting all rowdy and won't do what you want them to. then you give them the antidote to wake them up. it's irl secret agent movie stuff. but it'll kill the crap out of you if you jab yourself with the dart so it's good that you have to have a special license or whatever. so my dad will sometimes get called to come out and shoot a poison dart into the ass of a bull and knock it out.
My wife's brother-in-law tells a story of how their vet had one of those darts loaded with a med called "Rompin" in a coffee mug in his truck and accidentally poked himself in the hand. The vet felt kind of wobbly for the next day but thankfully no major complications. Dad likes to use his dart gun but only for antibiotics (not anesthesia/sedatives) out the pasture. He successfully treated a case of "footrot" with his dart gun a few days ago.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:love:

https://twitter.com/watchchad/status/1537301309090668545?s=21&t=zb4rbm35pDpktk2-Ypz4gA
Not to pit this up but what was the occasion of Chad's first viral fame? Was it a truck rant about how people don't respect the flag or something?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Farming Question:  How long from the time you plant the little baby tomato plant until it grows big and makes big fat tomatoes for you to eat?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Farming Question:  How long from the time you plant the little baby tomato plant until it grows big and makes big fat tomatoes for you to eat?

THIS IS A GARDEN QUESTION!  :Ughhh:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gardens are baby farms.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Are you telling me all the tomatoes I buy at the store were lovingly grown by the _33's of the world in their backyards?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are you telling me all the tomatoes I buy at the store were lovingly grown by the _33's of the world in their backyards?

that's right