Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 371139 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ben ji, I am now a day trader and was wondering if I buy some barrels of crude oil can I store them at the cat ranch?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Early front runner is coyote as he heard some coyotes howling to the north around sunset...but right now we are all praying for her safe return

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ben ji, I am now a day trader and was wondering if I buy some barrels of crude oil can I store them at the cat ranch?
Pretty sure the 500 gallon fuel tank by the garage is no longer in use. $50 a month and its yours (cat ranch llc is not liable for any leaks).

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are you in a WFH situation or just on hiatus and dog training/ cat farming full time?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Lil lil is a survivor
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are you in a WFH situation or just on hiatus and dog training/ cat farming full time?
I'm practicing extreme social distancing and working from home at the cat ranch.

My dad joined last night and my brother (worked music festivals so currently unemployed) just got here tonight and brought his xbox. Good times

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Good times other than one of your cats got eaten by a Wolverine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CRISIS ON THE CAT RANCH!

My dad let Lil Lil roam around this afternoon "to meet up with the Tom" but she still has not shown back up at the house. This is the latest she has been out after dark and my dad walked the entire windbreak/farm building area twice but has not found her.

Please keep Lil Lil in your prayers tonight.

Crisis Averted, My dad got up at 0230 to check if she was back yet and lil was hanging out front waiting to be let in.

Thanks to everyone for their T'P's

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I needed that lil nugget of good news

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lil lil is a survivor

Thank you for believing in her, your positive thoughts were the ray of hope we needed in a trying time.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So I bought my dad a gas chainsaw for Christmas and we just started cutting up some dead limbs in the windbreak for firewood when the clutch went out. "Dont worry, I've got an idea" the cat rancher said.

We loaded up the generator into the back of lil red, drove to the limbs and just plugged his electric chainsaw into the generator.

Worked fine for a bit but then the electric one stopped working. "I think I have another one in the garage" the cat rancher said.

Sure enough he had THREE unopened electic chainsaws in the garage he forgot about. I asked him why he bought so many and apparently Harbor Freight had a good sale going on so he stocked up then forgot about them.

#CatRanchingLife

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
@steve dave was walking the windbreak this morning and found these 2 calves cuddled up while their moms were no where in sight, probably out partying at the hay bale my uncle dropped.

Bad parents?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
That's just an ant hill

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
@steve dave was walking the windbreak this morning and found these 2 calves cuddled up while their moms were no where in sight, probably out partying at the hay bale my uncle dropped.

Bad parents?
They do that, it’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
So I bought my dad a gas chainsaw for Christmas and we just started cutting up some dead limbs in the windbreak for firewood when the clutch went out. "Dont worry, I've got an idea" the cat rancher said.

We loaded up the generator into the back of lil red, drove to the limbs and just plugged his electric chainsaw into the generator.

Worked fine for a bit but then the electric one stopped working. "I think I have another one in the garage" the cat rancher said.

Sure enough he had THREE unopened electic chainsaws in the garage he forgot about. I asked him why he bought so many and apparently Harbor Freight had a good sale going on so he stocked up then forgot about them.

#CatRanchingLife
cat rancher dad, buy one stihl saw and you're good to go. next time you need to tell him to go ahead and get in that pond since he wants to act like a silly goose

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile

#CatRanchingLife

If that's all the wood they cut before petering out, they weren't worth a healthy crap.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

#CatRanchingLife

If that's all the wood they cut before petering out, they weren't worth a healthy crap.  :lol:

Definitely POS's but thats about 1 load out of a total of 3. Second electric chainsaw has cut 2 loads and still running strong!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Drove around the pasture this evening and apparently its already cow sexin season.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
sometimes they just do that. and sometimes they girl on girl. and sometimes boy on boy. and sometimes former boy on former boy. and sometimes ALL the former boys on one specific former boy and you have to move that former boy into another pen. it's pretty wild tbh.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There were definitely some bulls with BSD in the pasture but the cow blocked my view so I could not confirm the sex of the cow.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mean, if you've got bulls in there it's for one reason (hardcore cow on cow sex). you separate them the rest of the year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tom, come in here and tell everyone how rough ridin' incredible it is that my slack ass who hated cow farming my entire life retained all this critical cow farm knowledge, WOW!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
I mean, if you've got bulls in there it's for one reason (hardcore cow on cow sex). you separate them the rest of the year.

my grandfather did not do that, fwiw.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

my grandfather did not do that, fwiw.

we separate them and have designated no longer fertile cows (cull cow I think they are called?) in there with them to keep them company. we'd only put them together during the times we wanted them working. it closed the window to a pretty tight timeframe for calves and we'd want them early in the season. we usually had 30 girls to every boy.