Author Topic: Hacked,Screwed, Poor  (Read 630 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hacked,Screwed, Poor
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:28:37 AM »
Anthem insurance was hacked, and information from the records of 80 million insured were stole.  It was very sensitive information that can be used for fiscal fraud.  The article in the Hutch News said because medical providers share so much personal information electronically this will happen again because cyber security is poor.  E sharing of info is an Obamacare cornerstone.  With fiscal fraud the middle class is going to get poorer.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Hacked,Screwed, Poor
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:51:35 AM »
Anthem insurance was hacked, and information from the records of 80 million insured were stole.  It was very sensitive information that can be used for fiscal fraud.  The article in the Hutch News said because medical providers share so much personal information electronically this will happen again because cyber security is poor.  E sharing of info is an Obamacare cornerstone.  With fiscal fraud the middle class is going to get poorer.
I'd agree with most of this. I think you should have said, "E sharing of info is a healthcare cornerstone." Not certain that Obamacare changed that too much. I could be wrong.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:00:08 PM »
The lack of IT security in medical practices, even with larger entities like physicians groups tied to substantial regional medical centers is in many cases shockingly poor.

The Big Train

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »
search the internet of things

https://www.shodan.io/