Author Topic: Back on the Marc; TCU ADV  (Read 7779 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Back on the Marc; TCU ADV
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2015, 04:26:33 PM »
all I need to know about oscar's tenure at Illinois I found on his wikipedia page.

all I needed to know to formulate my preseason Hopper opinion was a look at his Maine 3FG%

This is also true.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Back on the Marc; TCU ADV
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »
oscar is usually pretty good at putting in wrinkles for us to adapt to. But we run the offense like garbage, so adding wrinkles would complex our current problems.

Yeah, its easy to just say "oscar sucks", but I think he's proven to be a pretty good offensive coach. I just think he either is having troubles reaching this group, or this group can't handle what the staff is trying to put in. Probably a combination of the two.

And he and Lowrey have always made pressure defense a point of emphasis and they aren't going to let it be as terrible as it has been this year, especially the crap we put on the floor in Hawaii.

Who is just saying "oscar sucks?" No one. I think the consensus is that oscar is stubborn and inflexible, none of that is news.

He would probably be less stubborn and inflexible if John Currie hadn't generously rewarded his obvious failure at Illinois. oscar's situation basically didn't change at all after he was fired. He was immediately hired at a place that's about equal to his last job. Probably a little harder to recruit here, but fan expectations are lower than what he faced at Illinois, and he sure as crap didn't take a pay cut. We deserve what's happening to us, or it shouldn't be surprising at least.
It is always funny listening people talk about oscar and Illinois that didn't watch him coach at Illinois.

Also what a load of bullshit this is. You spent all summer talking about Hopper and I can almost guarantee you that pamplemousse saw more Illinois basketball with oscar Weber than you saw Hopper play Maine basketball.
I was wrong about Justin, my people were wrong about Justin. It happens.

That isn't the point. It's bush for you to assume that he didn't watch oscar Weber coach before he was here because you disagree with him. I knew I saw Edwards more than you did but I didn't dismiss your opinion of him because you don't have NESN and the America East web package. Let's just talk basketball without that bullshit.