Author Topic: Cereal thread  (Read 7210 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Cereal thread
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2021, 09:34:07 AM »
Almost all cereals have too much sugar and are terrible for you. That being said, I feed my kids Lucky Charms several times a week because I'm too lazy to get them anything else.  :frown:

Frosted Cheerios taste exactly like Lucky Charms without marshmallows, but doesn't have all of that sugar.

I'm skeptical of this claim, but will investigate.  :dubious:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2021, 12:01:53 PM »
they are basically the same. 11g of sugar in lucky charms (even w/ the marshmallows) vs 10g of sugar in frosted cheerios. both based on 3/4 cup serving size.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2021, 12:04:08 PM »
they are basically the same. 11g of sugar in lucky charms (even w/ the marshmallows) vs 10g of sugar in frosted cheerios. both based on 3/4 cup serving size.

Ugh, damn.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2021, 12:55:08 PM »
If you're looking for low sugar cereals there are only like four or five of them.

Cheerios
Rice chex
Kix
Corn Flakes
Rice Krispies
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 12:58:53 PM by Chingon »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2021, 12:56:49 PM »
i'm glad to hear other people thought the guy was being annoying about it too

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2021, 01:26:39 PM »
If you're looking for low sugar cereals there are only like four or five of them.

Cheerios
Rice chex
Kix
Corn Flakes
Rice Krispies

I love Rice chex

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2021, 02:07:45 PM »
@tobias and all others who appreciate Jenny Lewis will enjoy this additional addition to the cinnamon toast crunch saga

https://www.retrojunk.com/commercial/show/5247/cinnamon-toast-crunch-the-bakers-are-here

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2021, 02:28:00 PM »
Almost all cereals have too much sugar and are terrible for you. That being said, I feed my kids Lucky Charms several times a week because I'm too lazy to get them anything else.  :frown:

Frosted Cheerios taste exactly like Lucky Charms without marshmallows, but doesn't have all of that sugar.

Thank you MIR.  Can you also tell me where I can get my s'mores without marshmallows i mean wtf?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2021, 02:56:18 PM »

Thank you MIR.  Can you also tell me where I can get my s'mores without marshmallows i mean wtf?

Graham crackers and chocolate?

FTR, Lucky Charms with or without marshmallows is an absolute trash cereal, like awful. As an adult, what exactly are you looking for in Lucky Charms? All that sugar without any unique flavor at all, complete gimmick cereal and anyone over the age of 12 eating it should be ashamed.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2021, 03:01:52 PM »

I knew it!!!! Thanks BAC. Every cereal has basically 10g of sugar aside from the plain ones.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2021, 03:14:18 PM »
all this CTC talk reminds me that we are only a couple of months away (maybe sooner?) from prime CotC season  :drool:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »
I have a bowl of blueberries and blackberries with some of these in milk almost every morning. Does that belong ITT?

https://www.bearnaked.com/en_US/products/favorites/benefit-granola/bear-naked-toasted-coconut-almond-granola-product.html
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2021, 03:48:15 PM »
This is pretty good low carb cereal.  Expensive but it tastes good. Like store brand Fruit Loops.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2021, 04:10:13 PM »
The cereal thread is being turned into the signs you are old thread

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2021, 04:14:22 PM »
This is pretty good low carb cereal.  Expensive but it tastes good. Like store brand Fruit Loops.

I thought about buying some of that but the reviews don't see, to be good enough to merit the cost. From what I gather the flavor is good, the texture isn't.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2021, 04:19:27 PM »

I knew it!!!! Thanks BAC. Every cereal has basically 10g of sugar aside from the plain ones.

On top of our fridge right now we have a box of fruity pebbles, a box of frosted cheerios, and a box of honey nut cheerios. I just faced all of the nutritional info out and all three are exactly the same. The only difference is that Cheerios has more fiber, but it isn't even a lot of fiber, 3g :jerk: that's the same as like two or three girl scout cookies. I feel hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, and I'm angry about it. I'm going back to CTC after I finish these two boxes of Cheerios.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2021, 04:34:35 PM »
Lmao at 7 ounces of cereal in the Magic Spoon box, that's enough for about 3 bowls?  Cross post from the Pet Peeves thread btw.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2021, 04:39:05 PM »

I thought about buying some of that but the reviews don't see, to be good enough to merit the cost. From what I gather the flavor is good, the texture isn't.

The texture is fine. It doesn't have the same crunchiness of Fruit Loops but if you like cereal it's a great substitute.  I've used other brands of grain-free low carb cereal and they all have the texture of styrofoam. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2021, 04:46:23 PM »
What is it made from? Chickpeas or something?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2021, 04:49:14 PM »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2021, 04:59:38 PM »
I bet it gives one the shits pretty bad.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2021, 04:59:55 PM »
I’ve grown to like the OG old man cereal Grape Nuts (actually the store brand equivalent). Throw some dark chocolate chips in there and you can’t go wrong.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2021, 05:47:00 PM »
I think Bran Flakes are still my favorite. Since like 16 yrs olds.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2021, 10:14:09 PM »
Well well well, while I was watching flood aggie choke and then The Challenge, it looks like the internet came for CTC guy and spracs and I were right. Spracs go dunk on your S.O. like Shaq did with Chris Dudley.

https://twitter.com/Magzdilla2early/status/1374842668027629574

I also leaned tonight what a milkshake duck is, but this dude wasn't a milkshake duck because as documented his assholedry was apparent from the jump.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2021, 10:24:24 PM »
Well well well, while I was watching flood aggie choke and then The Challenge, it looks like the internet came for CTC guy and spracs and I were right. Spracs go dunk on your S.O. like Shaq did with Chris Dudley.

https://twitter.com/Magzdilla2early/status/1374842668027629574

I also leaned tonight what a milkshake duck is, but this dude wasn't a milkshake duck because as documented his assholedry was apparent from the jump.

I just KNEW IT in my bones. This guy was on CNN earlier today doing an aw-shucks routine. I could see how it might fool some fools, but I know bullshit when I smell it.