Author Topic: Head Coach oscar Weber  (Read 11399 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Head Coach oscar Weber
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2014, 08:48:31 PM »
I mean, if we finish in the top half of the conference and make the tournament, it's all good.

The problem is there is no way in hell this team finishes top half of the league or make the tourney.

It's essentially the same team as last year. They are capable.

Hard to believe but we would actually be better with William spradling.

That would definitely be all on oscar.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2014, 09:07:51 PM »
Do Illinois fans also hate Groce? Because he sucks balls too.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2014, 11:55:47 PM »
3 wks. ago thought Kenpom projected win/loss was way low, today believe it is way high, coaching in all phases sucks bigtime.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2014, 07:46:59 AM »

His offense sucks balls.  Terrible shot selection/generation.  That said, he recruits well and he "coaches" very good defense.  I do not hate him yet. 

I still hold out hope that his recruiting is going to continue to improve (five stars!).  oscar left him with a shitty, mentally weak squad.  He didn't step into a good situation and then eff it up.  He's rebuilding and they appear to be better this year than they were his first or second.  Progress perhaps.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Rabid Cow

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 08:41:51 AM »
Player development does not appear to be a strong suit for coach weber.

What exactly is his strong suit at this point?

He doesn't say bad words that you have to tell your children not to say.

So basically he should coaching a JV middle school team and not at the college level?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »
I give every coach the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.   oscar had two pretty good first seasons at K-State with the only real disappointment being the opening round NCAA loss two years ago.

But, I've seen enough and so until further notice:  FUBW

catzacker

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 09:38:41 AM »

when I watch Illinois play, I find myself saying "Come on, Breads, what are you doing".

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2014, 09:42:23 AM »
Step away from the ledge, my friends. This team will make the NCAA tournament when it's all said and done (6-10 seed range). They're just figuring out how to play as a complete unit, and trying to focus on defense more than anything. It comes with a cost, but I think it's the right call for where we need to be come conference time. 

catzacker

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2014, 09:46:15 AM »
Step away from the ledge, my friends. This team will make the NCAA tournament when it's all said and done (6-10 seed range). They're just figuring out how to play as a complete unit, and trying to focus on defense more than anything. It comes with a cost, but I think it's the right call for where we need to be come conference time.

what the eff are you talking about?  now the talking points are that oscar is just focusing on defense?  So, Jevon, Nigel, Nino, Gipson, Westicles, and Foster forgot how to rough ridin' play defense?  And the guys who sat out all last year, did they not participate in practice?  were they wearing blindfolds?  omg.  just say they are struggling, don't rough ridin' pull stupid crap out of your ass about focusing on defense with a roster that returned everyone except will and had "new" guys (for the most part) on campus all last year.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2014, 09:47:31 AM »
If we're on a ledge, you are in Wonderland, Oz, Never Never Land or some other fantastical fairy land.
:adios:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 11:03:51 AM »
I am w zacker.  Our line up is jevon, foster, gip  wes, and nino.  Literally our line up at the end if last yr.  Edwards and bolden have been at ksu almost as long as I was at this point.  There was a small number of players that needed to be incorporated into a couple yr old system.

If our defense is, and has been, the focus, as you mentioned,  that makes what we are seeing even worse. 

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »
Have you guys noticed how things seem to have fallen apart since Jack Krap decided to leave.  Did he put an Armenian voodo hex on us?  Is Krapper the Ghost possessing our players?  Weber sounded mad in the article in the Wichita Eagle about the game.  I hope he runs the hell out of those playing like loafers.  When we play fast and intense we played good, but could only sustain for  2 minute spurts with 5 minutes of rest.  Controlled speed - good, and more Jevon..

Offline Watershed

• THE WORST
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2014, 06:01:46 PM »

what the eff are you talking about?  now the talking points are that oscar is just focusing on defense?  So, Jevon, Nigel, Nino, Gipson, Westicles, and Foster forgot how to rough ridin' play defense?  And the guys who sat out all last year, did they not participate in practice?  were they wearing blindfolds?  omg.  just say they are struggling, don't rough ridin' pull stupid crap out of your ass about focusing on defense with a roster that returned everyone except will and had "new" guys (for the most part) on campus all last year.

Our rotations are crap. Will experience help with this. Also Shane was a really good defender, I don't understand how people didn't  know this. Our defense will come, but it is coming to slow. That is on the coaching staff.

We are a terribly coached team right now. We have good pieces. We have exciting pieces for the future. 

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
Burn the rough rider down with Weber in it

The Big Train

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2014, 11:57:24 PM »
Have you guys noticed how things seem to have fallen apart since Jack Krap decided to leave.  Did he put an Armenian voodo hex on us?  Is Krapper the Ghost possessing our players?  Weber sounded mad in the article in the Wichita Eagle about the game.  I hope he runs the hell out of those playing like loafers.  When we play fast and intense we played good, but could only sustain for  2 minute spurts with 5 minutes of rest.  Controlled speed - good, and more Jevon..

i thought i did right to jack in my farewell video, maybe he didnt like it  :dunno:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2014, 11:59:37 PM »
Is the other shoe going to drop on this team or do i just emotionally steel myself from even hoping?

Offline rollingplains

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2014, 11:00:09 AM »
Hurting the image og KSU BB.

You have an image???   please explain .. Last final 4 ? Or conference champion that you didn't share with the team that handed you your asses 3 times that year...   :sdeek: :sdeek:

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2014, 11:08:17 AM »
Get mumped oscar!
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2014, 11:12:23 AM »
The last few posts by decent and above posters are pretty solid.

Brandochav, that does not include you.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2014, 11:40:04 AM »
Hurting the image og KSU BB.

You have an image???   please explain .. Last final 4 ? Or conference champion that you didn't share with the team that handed you your asses 3 times that year...   :sdeek: :sdeek:

What does ESPN, every single BB commentator and writer, and Lil Wayne have in common?  rough ridin' love cats.  America's Team.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2014, 01:21:08 PM »
Burn the rough rider down with Weber in it
Anyone got a match?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2014, 01:22:18 PM »
And I'm not suggesting chicken nuggets's face/my ass.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2014, 07:24:01 PM »
Dear oscar,

I just have to ask... what in the hell do you do in practice?

My goodness.

_FAN

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
I hope he is selling KSU polos from his driveway in bulk in a couple months.