Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181328 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #575 on: September 11, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
If anyone continues to press edna on this you get what you deserve :Crazy:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 11, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »
I would like to see the pic of the guy that they mis-ID'ed Blake as being.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 11, 2015, 04:53:09 PM »
don't get pissed at me because you people can't see the logical fallacy here.

Maybe you could try pointing it out.
either the statement by the nurses is a self aggrandizing lie or the shoot was justified.

Maybe you could try explaining what makes this shooting justified.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 11, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 11, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »
I can see it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 11, 2015, 04:55:58 PM »

Funny thing is this was the wrong guy too
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 10:11:22 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 11, 2015, 06:24:08 PM »
If anyone continues to press edna on this you get what you deserve :Crazy:

Yeah logic has escaped you before.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 11, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »

either the statement by the nurses is a self aggrandizing lie or the shoot was justified.

Look at the contents of the staff's letter.  They claim to have these great techniques to ID and subdue people with mental health issues.  Those obviously failed.  So now we have someone who is a great enough threat to the staff (which said they could subdue him) who feel the need to call in extra help (ie people who know how to subdue people).  At that point those trained people took action with physical force.  That did not work.  The progressed to their next level on their force progression and attempted to use a taser or like device.  That did not work.  The next level wasn't to get the person a cup of coffee and discuss how many hugs their parents did or did not give them.  That is the unfortunate reality of violent encounters.  We have one security guard with a cut on the head, which sounds innocuous enough when read, but anyone who knows head lacerations know they bleed like a mother rough rider and that would escalate the fear that something really bad had happened to the security guard. 

The fault here lies with the hospital staff, the same people claiming to have these awesome techniques to deal with people, who failed to ID the patient's needs, failed to keep them in the hospital or even the correct ward, and failed to deal with the situation as it escalated.  At a certain point the situation has reached a violent point of no return, and that is very unfortunate, but the safety of the officers and staff needs to be valued over that person who is in the middle of a mental break.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 11, 2015, 10:59:52 PM »

Look at the contents of the staff's letter.  They claim to have these great techniques to ID and subdue people with mental health issues.  Those obviously failed.  So now we have someone who is a great enough threat to the staff (which said they could subdue him) who feel the need to call in extra help (ie people who know how to subdue people).  At that point those trained people took action with physical force.  That did not work.  The progressed to their next level on their force progression and attempted to use a taser or like device.  That did not work.  The next level wasn't to get the person a cup of coffee and discuss how many hugs their parents did or did not give them.  That is the unfortunate reality of violent encounters.  We have one security guard with a cut on the head, which sounds innocuous enough when read, but anyone who knows head lacerations know they bleed like a mother rough rider and that would escalate the fear that something really bad had happened to the security guard. 

The fault here lies with the hospital staff, the same people claiming to have these awesome techniques to deal with people, who failed to ID the patient's needs, failed to keep them in the hospital or even the correct ward, and failed to deal with the situation as it escalated.  At a certain point the situation has reached a violent point of no return, and that is very unfortunate, but the safety of the officers and staff needs to be valued over that person who is in the middle of a mental break.

That letter wasn't from the staff. The staff failed to properly subdue the guy and then shot him in the chest.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 12, 2015, 03:19:16 AM »
Yes. He is a hospital security guard. Not acting as a police officer.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 15, 2015, 10:15:56 AM »
:adios:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 15, 2015, 10:22:49 AM »
whenever i see a cop pass up on an opportunity for an obvious clean kill, i get a little bit sad for ednaksu. i am a very empathetic person.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 15, 2015, 10:24:43 AM »
whenever i see a cop pass up on an opportunity for an obvious clean kill, i get a little bit sad for ednaksu. i am a very empathetic person.
oh man how did you get so edgy?  way to take lessons from Fake.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 15, 2015, 10:27:06 AM »

This cop probably would have been a lot better off if he had just killed the guy. You can't claim self defense when you beat the crap out of somebody like you can when you decide to discharge your service weapon.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 15, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/oklahoma-cop-breaks-mans-face-and-charges-him-with-assault-for-no-apparent-reason/
just another reason why body cameras are a good thing. we can see whether or not his story holds water and the cop assaulted him or if there was a confrontation as the cop reports.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 15, 2015, 10:33:04 AM »
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/oklahoma-cop-breaks-mans-face-and-charges-him-with-assault-for-no-apparent-reason/
just another reason why body cameras are a good thing. we can see whether or not his story holds water and the cop assaulted him or if there was a confrontation as the cop reports.

The officer claims his glasses got knocked off, though. Better consult the body cam to figure this one out.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 15, 2015, 10:33:31 AM »

sorry, i meant to post this in another thread where i thought you wouldnt see it!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 15, 2015, 10:56:03 AM »

The officer claims his glasses got knocked off, though. Better consult the body cam to figure this one out.

You wanna let me take a couple punches to your face in a head lock and see how you look?  Pro tip, if you put your hands on the officer in a violent physical action, there will be measure taken to ensure their safety, including physical force.  This scenario is yet another reason why we need body cams to sort out a mess instead of leaving us with this he said crap where a bunch of try hard bitches complain about police brutality assuming the cop is 100% in the wrong 100% of the time.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 15, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »

sorry, i meant to post this in another thread where i thought you wouldnt see it!

oh man trying soooo hard

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 15, 2015, 11:00:38 AM »

You wanna let me take a couple punches to your face in a head lock and see how you look?  Pro tip, if you put your hands on the officer in a violent physical action, there will be measure taken to ensure their safety, including physical force.  This scenario is yet another reason why we need body cams to sort out a mess instead of leaving us with this he said crap where a bunch of try hard bitches complain about police brutality assuming the cop is 100% in the wrong 100% of the time.

Maybe the officer should have tried not punching the guy in the face after he had him in a headlock.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 15, 2015, 11:06:50 AM »

Maybe the officer should have tried not punching the guy in the face after he had him in a headlock.

Never been in a fight?  I mean just normal everyday response tells you that is a rough ridin' absurd.  If someone goes at your face you act with force to end the threat. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 15, 2015, 11:08:15 AM »
This thread makes me want to fight edn
:adios:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 15, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »
it's taking all the effort i can muster to not requote every post today with relevant "break stuff" lyrics

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 15, 2015, 11:17:38 AM »
This thread makes me want to fight edn
you must really hate body cameras