Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181140 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #450 on: August 24, 2015, 10:48:52 AM »
When will they release the dash/body cam footage from Wichita?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 24, 2015, 11:43:33 AM »
Dan Carlin did a pretty good Common Sense a year or so ago on no knock raids and early morning SWAT activities.  He noted stats that showed the use of SWAT teams nationally went from something like 300 times in a year to something like 40000 times per year and noted how federal funds are linked to drug raids, which is the vast majority of what they are used for now.

He was basically saying that police depts are funding themselves by SWAT'ing the eff out of anything they can to earn Fed $. 

He linked that to the militarization of the police force and the issues with the war on drugs in the same podcast.  It was a good listen.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 24, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/stop-fcking-crying-mass-cops-hold-naked-woman-and-kids-at-gunpoint-after-raiding-wrong-apartment/

Absolutely disgusting and pathetic.

"but court documents show the man police were looking for had been arrested nearly two weeks earlier and listed another address as his home."

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 24, 2015, 12:02:15 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/stop-fcking-crying-mass-cops-hold-naked-woman-and-kids-at-gunpoint-after-raiding-wrong-apartment/

Absolutely disgusting and pathetic.

"but court documents show the man police were looking for had been arrested nearly two weeks earlier and listed another address as his home."

the lack of professionalism, appropriate training, and due diligence seems to be a recurring theme in this thread.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 24, 2015, 08:31:47 PM »
crap is not right.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2015, 09:55:10 AM »
[ednksu]Hey if you don't want to be treated like a criminal, then don't let criminals randomly use your address unknowingly[/ednksu]

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 28, 2015, 04:01:41 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 28, 2015, 04:32:42 PM »
[ednksu]Hey if you don't want to be treated like a criminal, then don't let criminals randomly use your address unknowingly[/ednksu]
lol try so hard
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 29, 2015, 02:02:17 AM »
I hope Jamycheal Mitchell becomes the face of the need for reforms across the criminal justice system in this country. And when people scoff at #BlackLivesMatter they remember how this guy was treated. But so few will know this story and even fewer will remember. This is the saddest link yet, IMO.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 29, 2015, 02:08:04 AM »
Not sure if this aspect of Freddie Gray has been talked about.  The guy had the deck stacked against him his entire life.  He should have had some sort of medical card or something to alert police of his mental status.  I mean they shouldn't have treated him like a regular criminal.

“Jesus,” Dan Levy, an assistant professor of pediatrics at Johns Hopkins University who has studied the effects of lead poisoning on youths, gasped when told of Gray’s levels. “The fact that Mr. Gray had these high levels of lead in all likelihood affected his ability to think and to self-regulate and profoundly affected his cognitive ability to process information.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/freddie-grays-life-a-study-in-the-sad-effects-of-lead-paint-on-poor-blacks/2015/04/29/0be898e6-eea8-11e4-8abc-d6aa3bad79dd_story.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 29, 2015, 08:27:56 PM »
This, unbelievably, is not an April Fools prank
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/philadelphia-police-shakedown_55d791c2e4b08cd3359c30f5

W.
T.
F.
????????????

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 31, 2015, 07:32:33 AM »
14 police officers killed in August, 7 in the last 8 days including the ambush on the deputy in Texas.   Last week multiple officers in the KC metro were shot at . . . Can't imagine why law enforcement is on edge.   

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 31, 2015, 08:33:03 AM »
You want to talk about a group of people America has truly mumped over and never had a voice, Native Americans. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 31, 2015, 08:34:22 AM »
You want to talk about a group of people America has truly mumped over and never had a voice, Native Americans.

Pretty terrible

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 31, 2015, 10:20:08 AM »
14 police officers killed in August, 7 in the last 8 days including the ambush on the deputy in Texas.   Last week multiple officers in the KC metro were shot at . . . Can't imagine why law enforcement is on edge.

Yet overall the number of officers killed in action is down nationwide. If you're a cop getting shot it is an accepted occupational hazard, having rogue cops barge in your house shouldn't be a hazard of taking a shower.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 31, 2015, 10:25:34 AM »
So getting gunned down execution style while pumping gas is "an accepted occupational hazard"?  Fascinating.

Oh and since you'll knee jerk this, I don't support rogue cops either.   

What percentage of the interactions between law enforcement and the public involve "rogue cops", on a nationwide basis?

Is a police officer driving down the road and having his car blasted with a hail of gunfire, "an accepted occupational hazard"?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 31, 2015, 10:27:13 AM »
So getting gunned down execution style while pumping gas is "an accepted occupational hazard"?  Fascinating.

Oh and since you'll knee jerk this, I don't support rogue cops either.   

What percentage of the interactions between law enforcement and the public involve "rogue cops", on a nationwide basis?

Is a police officer driving down the road and having his car blasted with a hail of gunfire, "an accepted occupational hazard"?

I think he means "accepted occupational hazard" is something that could happen because you are a police officer.  getting shot at seems to fit that

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 31, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »
it is apparent that getting gunned down at any time doing anything is an occupational hazard of being an american in america

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 31, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
I suppose, what' the generally accepted threshold of gunned down lawn enforcement officers before a national movement to understand the situation needs to be started?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 31, 2015, 10:49:07 AM »
I suppose, what' the generally accepted threshold of gunned down lawn enforcement officers before a national movement to understand the situation needs to be started?

I think as rates are going down even as population goes up, you are trending in the preferred direction.  Yes?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 31, 2015, 10:50:26 AM »
how many cops were knifed to death in that same timeframe? probably like double?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 31, 2015, 10:58:24 AM »

We should arm the cops

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 31, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »

We should arm the cops

makes sense. if the cops were carrying guns and wearing body armor, attackers would definitely be deterred.