Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181198 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »
To Serve and Protect
http://gawker.com/nypd-union-uses-flickr-in-innovative-new-push-to-shame-1723474170

I have no words to describe how absurd all of this is on so many levels. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2015, 09:31:44 PM »
I may quit my job, leave my family, and devote my life to simply dump links in this thread
http://mic.com/articles/123699/charnesia-corley-pulled-over-and-vaginally-searched-by-police

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2015, 11:14:23 PM »
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
using words and/or a taser are a couple of options before using the gun.
I feel like you watch videos of cops getting attacked online and wonder what the cop did wrong.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2015, 02:09:18 PM »
I feel like you watch videos of cops getting attacked online and wonder what the cop did wrong.

I watched a video of cops disabling surveillance cameras and ingesting drugs while on duty and wonder what they did wrong, then quickly answer with "everything"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 12, 2015, 02:12:25 PM »
sometimes I watch videos of cops shooting non-threatening people in the head and wonder what they did wrong, then I realize "shooting that guy in the head" was what they did wrong

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 12, 2015, 03:36:49 PM »

yes, we all should.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 12, 2015, 03:57:33 PM »

yes, we all should.

Yeah you didn't get that at all...
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 12, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »

yes, we all should.

Yeah I did.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 12, 2015, 04:49:48 PM »

yes, we all should.

Yeah I did.
You think you did.  But you didn't.  Obvious since you're defending it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 12, 2015, 10:55:48 PM »

yes, we all should.

Yeah I did.

Why do you think it's a bad thing to hold cops to a higher standard than civilians? Thankfully the Arlington PD gets it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 13, 2015, 01:15:22 AM »

yes, we all should.

Yeah I did.

Why do you think it's a bad thing to hold cops to a higher standard than civilians? Thankfully the Arlington PD gets it.

Who said anything like that?  I'm questioning the naivety that people here have towards police work and specifically how dangerous it is when police encounter armed resistance to civil authority. 

And does Arlington PD get it? 
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/12/us/arlington-tex-officer-is-fired-in-fatal-shooting-of-christian-taylor.html?_r=0

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2015, 07:11:38 AM »

yes, we all should.

Yeah I did.

Who said anything like that?  I'm questioning the naivety that people here have towards police work and specifically how dangerous it is when police encounter armed resistance to civil authority. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/12/us/arlington-tex-officer-is-fired-in-fatal-shooting-of-christian-taylor.html?_r=0
Yeah, and I'm saying that if an officer is attacked and there is a video, the video should be evaluated to see if the situation could have been avoided. There are cases where people are insane and would attack a cop no matter what, but even then police should still try to learn from them (along with any other attack. )

I mean, cops already use videos of cops being attacked them as teaching moments. (I think they should also show videos of cops rough ridin' up and killing citizens, but still):

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2015/05/police_shootings_the_grim_videos_cops_watch_of_their_colleagues_being_killed.html

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 13, 2015, 08:08:45 AM »

I hope your point here isn't that the Arlington PD shouldn't have fired that guy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2015, 08:30:45 AM »

I hope your point here isn't that the Arlington PD shouldn't have fired that guy.

It certainly is, edn clearly thinks law enforcement officers should be evaluated like kids running a lemonade stand. If he ever becomes the supervisor of people that hashe the potential of being an all time crap show. "Do whatever you want guys, just try really hard and it will all be fine."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 13, 2015, 08:32:59 AM »
So this initially doesn't appear to be in the same vain of the other links, we'll see for sure later, but this story is just mumped up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3195132/I-don-t-want-die-jail-cell-Bodycam-footage-shows-mother-pleading-cops-hours-dead.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2015, 12:18:23 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/08/14/woman-who-recorded-officer-punching-a-suspect-becomes-target-of-miami-police-union/

This one is pretty awful, but it also leads you into a wormhole of cops behaving badly with several links within this one. I want to insert the following one because it's truly horrific. In many of these links it's cops showing really poor judgment in the heat of the moment, this one is a countywide cover up. This is well earned prison time, good luck in the clink, boys and girls.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/11/small-town-cover-up-of-police-brutality-shows-what-can-happen-when-there-are-no-videos/

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2015, 09:35:24 AM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 16, 2015, 10:05:53 AM »

You'd have to be pretty rough ridin' daft to get that from my comment.  MiR made the comment that Arlington gets it right when they clearly didn't   As much as MiR wants to spew in this thread, I posted a pretty clear example where the one officer screwed up.  Now I don't know (and we likely never will know how things went down) the most likely scenario is justifiable for the police officer's actions.  But the cop violated policy and good practice and shouldn't be on the force.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 16, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »

yes, we all should.

Yeah I did.

Yeah, and I'm saying that if an officer is attacked and there is a video, the video should be evaluated to see if the situation could have been avoided. There are cases where people are insane and would attack a cop no matter what, but even then police should still try to learn from them (along with any other attack. )

I mean, cops already use videos of cops being attacked them as teaching moments. (I think they should also show videos of cops rough ridin' up and killing citizens, but still):

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2015/05/police_shootings_the_grim_videos_cops_watch_of_their_colleagues_being_killed.html

I like the way you're trying to walk back from a foolish comment, because this last post is very reasonable, but not what you've been tracking like in this string.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 16, 2015, 10:10:19 AM »
ed, no one knows wtf you are talking about beyond your tone of "cops good, everyone else bad"

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 16, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »

You'd have to be pretty rough ridin' daft to get that from my comment.  MiR made the comment that Arlington gets it right when they clearly didn't   As much as MiR wants to spew in this thread, I posted a pretty clear example where the one officer screwed up.  Now I don't know (and we likely never will know how things went down) the most likely scenario is justifiable for the police officer's actions.  But the cop violated policy and good practice and shouldn't be on the force.

I'm confused. I said the Arlington PD gets it, you said they don't, but then your last sentence said "the cop violated policy and good practice and shouldn't be on the force." I think you are so hell bent on arguing and being full of crap that you're confusing yourself.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 17, 2015, 12:30:28 AM »

I'm confused. I said the Arlington PD gets it, you said they don't, but then your last sentence said "the cop violated policy and good practice and shouldn't be on the force." I think you are so hell bent on arguing and being full of crap that you're confusing yourself.
I don't think you know if you're coming or going at this point.  You said arlington PD "gets it" and I responded because they clearly don't.  That is pretty obvious when you have a rookie cop so emboldened that he wonders off by himself and someone ends up dead.  So no, they don't "get it."  Back to your regularly scheduled flailing.