Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181190 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #351 on: August 09, 2015, 01:30:17 PM »
Holy crap

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 09, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »
Let's take their guns away and give just night sticks, and they cannot respond for to 60 minute.  Also only minority police can deal with a minority suspect.  All incoming recruits have to go through sensitive training.  Let cops be good cops - pay train good cops and pay to hire smart instead od dumbass killem dead Barnies.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 09, 2015, 02:57:05 PM »
Let's take their guns away and give just night sticks.

this is the obvious solution, but america is too stupid and paranoid to ever do it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 09, 2015, 05:42:02 PM »
https://news.vice.com/article/police-have-killed-at-least-1083-americans-since-michael-browns-death

I just skimmed through the article, and there are tons of stats, but they seem to have left out how many of those killed were armed with any kind of weapon.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 09, 2015, 06:12:30 PM »
https://news.vice.com/article/police-have-killed-at-least-1083-americans-since-michael-browns-death

I just skimmed through the article, and there are tons of stats, but they seem to have left out how many of those killed were armed with any kind of weapon.
While I agree that it's currently too easy to have access to firearms, having a gun IS legal, and shouldn't be a death sentence if you have one when a cop is around.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 09, 2015, 06:19:53 PM »

While I agree that it's currently too easy to have access to firearms, having a gun IS legal, and shouldn't be a death sentence if you have one when a cop is around.

he didn't say gun. he said weapon.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 09, 2015, 06:31:20 PM »

While it's absurd for cops to be killing that many people to begin with, they should NEVER have to blast a dude carrying a knife.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 09, 2015, 06:35:27 PM »
I thought for sure at least a proportionate amount of police had been killed in the same time frame.  The count for police over the last year is like 150.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 09, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »
Jesus.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 09, 2015, 09:29:35 PM »

While it's absurd for cops to be killing that many people to begin with, they should NEVER have to blast a dude carrying a knife.

Anyone that goes at a cop with a knife will be, and should be, blasted. A cop shouldn't have to defend himself with hand to hand combat in a country where guns are legal. Just part of the deal in America. Like they say, love it or change the law.

The Big Train

« Reply #362 on: August 09, 2015, 09:31:09 PM »
OH crap HE HAS A POCKET KNIFE, BLAST HIS ASS! - JTMHTD

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 09, 2015, 09:54:57 PM »

Anyone that goes at a cop with a knife will be, and should be, blasted. A cop shouldn't have to defend himself with hand to hand combat in a country where guns are legal. Just part of the deal in America. Like they say, love it or change the law.
Yeah I wonder what percentage of the 1000+ people cops killed were not just holding a knife, but actually charging at them with knives.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 09, 2015, 10:33:39 PM »

Yeah I wonder what percentage of the 1000+ people cops killed were not just holding a knife, but actually charging at them with knives.

I'm guessing the majority of them had a gun, but knives were probably #2., and the last thing those people heard was "drop the knife! drop the knife! drop the knife! bang bang bang bang, bang, bang..."did you guys see that?!   he was totally charging me and I thought he would murder me glad I have a clean kill here....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:14:24 AM by Dugout DickStone »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 10, 2015, 10:09:46 AM »

I'm guessing the majority of them had a gun, but knives were probably #2., and the last thing those people heard was "drop the knife! drop the knife! drop the knife! bang bang bang....

And the idea that that is acceptable to people is rough ridin' crazy
:adios:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 10, 2015, 10:33:15 AM »

this is the obvious solution, but america is too stupid and paranoid to ever do it.

I think they should keep their pistols loaded with non-lethal rounds.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 10, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »

I'm guessing the majority of them had a gun, but knives were probably #2., and the last thing those people heard was "drop the knife! drop the knife! drop the knife! bang bang bang....

And the idea that that is acceptable to people is rough ridin' crazy

This is just.....how.....
I mean what the hell do you want the cop to do?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 10, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »
using words and/or a taser are a couple of options before using the gun.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 10, 2015, 09:24:01 PM »
Being a police officer is completely voluntary.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2015, 10:34:05 PM »

We can't do that yet because countries that give their cops night sticks actively try and limit the availability of guns in said country.

Instead we have people buying up guns every time a dozen grade schoolers get murdered.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 10, 2015, 11:17:29 PM »

So is being a criminal. Both take their chances, but the cops usually win.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 10, 2015, 11:23:57 PM »

So is being a criminal.

Uh, have you been reading this thread? Not always.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 11, 2015, 09:53:06 AM »
We can't do that yet because countries that give their cops night sticks actively try and limit the availability of guns in said country.

Instead we have people buying up guns every time a dozen grade schoolers get murdered.

i'd bet an enormous sum of money that if cops didn't carry guns, that both the number of citizens killed by the police and the number of police killed by non-police would drop.  in america.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2015, 10:38:53 AM »

i'd bet an enormous sum of money that if cops didn't carry guns, that both the number of citizens killed by the police and the number of police killed by non-police would drop.  in america.

yes, someone is more likely to shoot someone who is pointing a gun in your face than without. It's an intense situation that increases adrenaline flow and reduces rational thought.