Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181163 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »

Because minor traffic violations never go anywhere....
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/03/us/memphis-officer-killed-traffic-stop/

especially when the suspect becomes even more suspicious and combative ignoring lawful orders

Agreed. All citizens should be treated as hostile and guilty until proven innocent. The cop in Memphis should have already had his gun drawn, and every cop in America should do the same thing.

Exactly or we can go full dumbass and say stuff like "The cop shot someone in the head and killed him instantly..." while ignoring the rest of the video and making it seem like the cop executed him.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »
everyone knows that there are steps you can take to decrease the chances of a cop murdering you. the fact that we have to know that and do that is the problem.

very good post

yeah, not really if you value acting like a responsible adult and believe that just because a cop kills someone it isn't murder.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2015, 02:51:52 PM »

especially when the suspect becomes even more suspicious and combative ignoring lawful orders

Agreed. All citizens should be treated as hostile and guilty until proven innocent. The cop in Memphis should have already had his gun drawn, and every cop in America should do the same thing.

Exactly or we can go full dumbass and say stuff like "The cop shot someone in the head and killed him instantly..." while ignoring the rest of the video and making it seem like the cop executed him.

The cop did execute him. His bodycam filmed it. I guess if you are a psychopath, you could say that the rest of the footage justifies the execution.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2015, 02:59:18 PM »

The cop did execute him. His bodycam filmed it. I guess if you are a psychopath, you could say that the rest of the footage justifies the execution.
LOL yeah anyone who disagrees with you is a psychopath.  Are you a freshman who just had your eyes opened in your first 101 class? 

The reality is this is one second short off murder and one second off a clean shoot.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2015, 03:14:20 PM »
everyone knows that there are steps you can take to decrease the chances of a cop murdering you. the fact that we have to know that and do that is the problem.

The first step is don't be black.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2015, 03:16:46 PM »
Yep.  The second step is be impervious to bullets.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2015, 03:19:13 PM »
The reality is this is one second short off murder and one second off a clean shoot.

no one but shitty cops knows what this means

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2015, 03:20:18 PM »
the fact that he could even draw and dome that dude in less than a second shows that he was just itching for it

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2015, 03:21:50 PM »
the fact that the video totally debunks this guy's fabricated story doesn't make you shy away from defending him?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2015, 03:22:37 PM »
That guy has been practicing for this the entire 6 months it took him to get his uni cop certificate.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2015, 03:23:12 PM »
he lied and his cop bros lied and if there wasn't the video it would be case closed, mission accomplished.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2015, 03:26:32 PM »
the fact that he could even draw and dome that dude in less than a second shows that he was just itching for it
Or the fact that its hours of muscle memory training at play...but don't let the basic premise of how cops train effect your misconceptions.

the fact that the video totally debunks this guy's fabricated story doesn't make you shy away from defending him?
How does it debunk his story?  The fact is I'm sure he thought that Dubose was fleeing as he shot him.  I'm also sure he thought he was being dragged.  That doesn't invalidate his perception, but it does show his perception was wrong.  Further there is a pretty good argument that he was dragged slightly.  And as facetious as that sounds, how long does a cop need to be dragged before they are under threat of bodily harm from a deadly weapon?  Stop and think about that and maybe Michigan can think about that point as well.  Many are ducking what the actual statutes say about assaults with a deadly, but that is the key issue here. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2015, 03:27:54 PM »
That guy has been practicing for this the entire 6 months it took him to get his uni cop certificate.

wait till you see what KU does for cops around here.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2015, 03:28:05 PM »
That guy would be a cop manager in 2 yrs if there weren't cams.  High fives, celebratory beers, and lots of racist jokes all around without that cam.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
I don't know a lot about the law here. Like, I don't know when the law says it's ok to use your gun or kill people. I do know that if this is a time where the law says killing that guy was ok then the law is wrong and has to be changed. because that was not ok or anywhere near ok.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2015, 03:29:41 PM »
Or the fact that its hours of muscle memory training at play...but don't let the basic premise of how cops train effect your misconceptions.   

yeah that's a definite cop training problem but does not excuse blasting this dude in the face.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2015, 03:31:12 PM »
I'd like to know yard dog's take on the matter
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2015, 03:32:07 PM »
Like, let's do more training on how to handle traffic stops peacefully and less training on pulling your gun as fast as possible. just spitballing here, I'm open to suggestions.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »

i have a problem that cops are trained as warriors. fighting and killing drilled into them until it is an instinct. if he had trained half as diligently in communication, problem solving, empathy, and conflict resolution that guy would be alive and we would be pitting about something else

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »
How does it debunk his story?  The fact is I'm sure he thought that Dubose was fleeing as he shot him.  I'm also sure he thought he was being dragged.  That doesn't invalidate his perception, but it does show his perception was wrong.  Further there is a pretty good argument that he was dragged slightly.  And as facetious as that sounds, how long does a cop need to be dragged before they are under threat of bodily harm from a deadly weapon?  Stop and think about that and maybe Michigan can think about that point as well.  Many are ducking what the actual statutes say about assaults with a deadly, but that is the key issue here.

i havent personally done a frame by frame analysis, but his story was that he was being dragged so he shot the guy and people seem to think that the car didnt start moving until after he shot.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »

i have a problem that cops are trained as warriors. fighting and killing drilled into them until it is an instinct. if he had trained half as diligently in communication, problem solving, empathy, and conflict resolution that guy would be alive and we would be pitting about something else

And that absurd to think that cops need to be dragged around the hood for a minimum "x" laps before they can respond, because that is what you're advocating. The cop used fair, polite, firm commands to get what was legally required to drive.  The guy became combative and chose to escalate the situation through rhetoric and actions.  The cop never raised his voice and politely ordered the guy out of the vehicle (another lawful order).  None of that is being "trained as warriors" as you claim.  The best critique you have is that he should have got back in his car to initiate a pursuit through a neighborhood, and think about how stupid that sounds.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2015, 03:38:36 PM »
  None of that is being "trained as warriors" as you claim. 

they are tho

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2015, 03:39:09 PM »

i havent personally done a frame by frame analysis, but his story was that he was being dragged so he shot the guy and people seem to think that the car didnt start moving until after he shot.

So you haven't even bothered to look at the links posted and are only going off your feelz.  (hint I posted a link where you can literally go frame by frame)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »

they are tho
Trained as warrior = defending yourself when you believe you are being dragged by a guy who refuses to ID himself and has become combative as you proceed reasonably with a legal and common traffic stop.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »

they are tho
Trained as warrior = defending yourself when you believe you are being dragged by a guy who refuses to ID himself and has become combative as you proceed reasonably with a legal and common traffic stop.

i am talking more generally about the time police devote to training weapons, combat, and tactics in comparison to training de-escalating irate citizens after common traffic stops.