Author Topic: Stanbot recap from Border Patrol - Bailer edition  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Stanbot recap from Border Patrol - Bailer edition
« on: December 05, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »
-Gary Barnett will be looking for you Stan.  Gary is a good fried of mine.  We go back a ways, non-football related (insurance sales).  Fun to talk FB with him.  He says a lot more non-publicly.  He'll share some crazy stuff.

-Tim Grunhart says BP shouldn't play.  What do you think?  Very complicated issue.  Very leading edge.   Very simplistic stance now is to NOT play them.  But, we may find out that's not best thing either.  Or, we may find out bumping the head rattles the brain too much and parents don't let kids do anything.  I know a lot of players who've had these things happen and there's nothing adverse in their lives.  I don't put it into the category of disservice to Bryce.  If my kid, I'd probably tell him to go win us a championship.

-Nate:  Let's get to game.  When I've seen them, I've been more impressed with run game.  How will KSU address this?  Stan:  They were more of a home run hitting running game back in 2012.  Could break out for 70 yards at anytime.  They've changed a little.  Now, they pound for five yards very consistently.  Plus, they've moved more beef to OL....and/or into backfield.  More likely to pound ball versus hit home run with running game.  Then, they'll fake the run and hit you deep.

-But, KSU better against the run than they have been at anytime in recent past.  But, Britz was part of that.  Still, should be better prepared against the run this year.

-Baylor's defense.  Thoughts?  They have a LOT of depth on defense....but, they lost a ton last year.  They are definitely down, talent and experience wise.  That part got completely turned over by personnel losses.  They aren't as good as last couple years.  Starting to get exposed a little now that getting further into season and against better competition week in and week out.

-Statistically, in conference games, K-State's defense per play and offense per play is better than Baylor's.

-If you can get things moving against them, they don't have the answers they have last year.  Baylor's defense will be better next year than this year.

-Will JW run more?  I think he can be more effective running.  But, that's not number one thought.  It's more about how's overall health.  Shoulder will heal.  He's getting more healthy.  Not back to where he was....but definitely more healthy.  Yes, he could run more tomorrow.  But, Jake's an awesome passing QB.  And, he has the best WR in Lockett.  So, that's where Jake will concentrate moving the ball....not running.  K-State is the most lethal passing team in the country.

-If Baylor gets Mo, they'll roll.  But, there are a lot of little warts on their team....including kicker.

Prediction?  K-State 38-35.

:weirdrobert:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
bears are fast...

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Stanbot recap from Border Patrol - Bailer edition
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »
Went straight to the end.  :thumbsup:   Thanks for the recap BP. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 04:42:26 PM »
Bullets should be more bullet'ey, BP. 

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 07:28:07 PM »
Thanks BP!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »
I don't blame Briles for rolling Petty out there.

We played Klein against TCU...  Shouldn't have.....we won because they were so bad.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 03:21:29 PM »
I don't blame Briles for rolling Petty out there.

We played Klein against TCU...  Shouldn't have.....we won because they were so bad.
It also led to us losing to (f)Art Bears.  :frown:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 03:37:54 PM »
jake waters gives us no chance. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend