Author Topic: Missed in Maui; Arizona ADV  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Missed in Maui; Arizona ADV
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 12:23:27 PM »

KK, we had two very good possessions in the last minute even though we didn't score. nino had a very nice look and Foster got the ball into the paint before traveling. still nice possessions.

The travel in the lane was not good and the Nino possession was insane. 

Foster dribble drove with no game plan except hoping for a foul. 
Nino's shot should've gone to Gip or Foster.  A guarded baseline jumper is a terrible shot for Nino or anyone else on our team.

The defense did play well and rebound for that stretch run which was nice.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 12:24:51 PM »

I lol'd pretty hard (well, I would have if I wasn't so stressed about the game at the time) when the announcers went on about how great our inbounds play was from the corner because that's a rare spot to have to inbound the ball and we "knew exactly which play we wanted to run".

I think Nino thought there were two seconds left on the shot clock and probably yelled "KOBE!" As he threw up his one footed turn around/fadeaway 20 footer in the corner.  I LOL'd.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »

KK, we had two very good possessions in the last minute even though we didn't score. nino had a very nice look and Foster got the ball into the paint before traveling. still nice possessions.

The travel in the lane was not good and the Nino possession was insane. 

Foster dribble drove with no game plan except hoping for a foul. 
Nino's shot should've gone to Gip or Foster.  A guarded baseline jumper is a terrible shot for Nino or anyone else on our team.

The defense did play well and rebound for that stretch run which was nice.

Nino wasn't guarded very closely. And yes, Foster made a mistake but him getting the ball in that area is a better scenario than almost any play you can draw up against a team as well coached as Arizona. Give me "Foster dribble-drive and hope for the foul" over any other play.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Missed in Maui; Arizona ADV
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 12:31:27 PM »
You are trolling.  When you don't get a shot off and you turn the ball over it is almost always not a good possession barring some bad offensive foul call.  The Nino shot was bad because it was Nino and anything other than wide open is bad and even that is something I would not like as much as a Foster or Gip shot.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 12:37:22 PM »
The last inbounds play was infuriating.  the one where we had foster and gip(?) set at the ball end wide open, then both ran toward the goal while our guard(don't remember who) ran up for the inbound while guarded.  Then we threw a weak ass pass straight to both our guy and AZ's guy. 

We did a lot of really shitty passing last night.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
The last inbounds play was infuriating.  the one where we had foster and gip(?) set at the ball end wide open, then both ran toward the goal while our guard(don't remember who) ran up for the inbound while guarded.  Then we threw a weak ass pass straight to both our guy and AZ's guy. 

We did a lot of really shitty passing last night.

On those full court inbounds plays we seemed like we had to run the set play, no matter how easy it was to inbound regularly.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »

You are trolling.  When you don't get a shot off and you turn the ball over it is almost always not a good possession barring some bad offensive foul call. 

If he wouldn't have traveled, he likely would have been fouled or passed to someone open. Getting the ball there with foster was a positive, even though the end result was not. You can have what I would consider  good execution on a possession even if the end result doesn't produce points.

And I don't think nino was as closely guarded as you think.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2014, 01:03:04 PM »

You are trolling.  When you don't get a shot off and you turn the ball over it is almost always not a good possession barring some bad offensive foul call. 

If he wouldn't have traveled, he likely would have been fouled or passed to someone open. Getting the ball there with foster was a positive, even though the end result was not. You can have what I would consider  good execution on a possession even if the end result doesn't produce points.

Completely agree, we did some good things late to get Foster some looks. But Arizona has the talent to take away most teams best wing and post player. Tarczewski and Hollis-Jefferson are that talented defensively.

McConnell also played a hell of game although he was handy as crap and got away with it.

We need someone else to step up and score. I would of liked to see Nigel in the game when we need to score more. He is currently the 2nd best volume scorer on our team. Unless Justin figures it out and is that talented. I don't think that is Justin's game.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2014, 01:06:35 PM »
X

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:30 PM »

Nino was wide open from the short corner and the ball rimmed out. KK might be talking about the contested drive for Nino which was questionable. But I agree with Rusty that a wide open mid range jumper for Nino and Foster drives are both both possessions.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2014, 01:20:19 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. But nino did have at least one fantastic second half drive. Maybe two.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »
Yeah if Nino gets that look and doesn't take it, he shouldn't be on the floor. That was the discussion about Will last year when he was chicken to shoot.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 01:21:58 PM »
Nino can hit those baseline jumpers pretty good, so I think he had 2 possessions at the end like that.  I thought those were good looks. 

Now, what the heck was up w/ Wesley throwing away the inbounds play.....it wasn't his fault, cause we were running some play that took 8 seconds to set up. He could of thrown it in to Foster in less than a second, but we started to run this 21 second play instead...jeesh.
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »
Top stats words in this thread:

1. Crisp
2. Athletic
3. Range

Number of times each word was typed prior to your post:

1. Crisp - 1
2. Athletic - 2
3. Range - 1

:dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »
foster's travel in the lane against their 7 footer wasn't a good possession

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »

Ah, that makes sense. But nino did have at least one fantastic second half drive. Maybe two.

I think I was mixing together the Nino drive and jumper also i think execution vs. idea is what I was more upset about re: foster drive although I would argue that the bad execution was because he was indecisive and did not have a plan.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »

I think I was mixing together the Nino drive and jumper also i think execution vs. idea is what I was more upset about re: foster drive although I would argue that the bad execution was because he was indecisive and did not have a plan.
That's fair, but that's not really a coaching failure IMO

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2014, 03:48:17 PM »

That's fair, but that's not really a coaching failure IMO

I have no problem with the best player on your team getting to the lane, and if he gets all the way to the rim on a jump stop it is even better, he just shuffled his feet before he drew the foul. His plan was to get to the rim and I'd coach Foster to do that if he has a driving lane every time.